PDA

View Full Version : A parent on FLR and a child on tourist visa

Pepe n Pilar
10th May 2009, 18:34
Is there a possibility a child will be denied if he applies for a tourist visa? He is over 18 y.o. and he has all the necessary documents needed when applying for a visit visa in the UK but his parent is only on FLR status.

Shall he wait until the parent is on ILR status or a citizen before he lodge his application?

Replies are appreciated.
May thanks for the advices.

joebloggs
10th May 2009, 18:38
if he is over 18 he is not a child to the uk gov :NoNo:

his mom has flr and married to a brit ?

Pepe n Pilar
10th May 2009, 19:47
if he is over 18 he is not a child to the uk gov :NoNo:

his mom has flr and married to a brit ?

Thanks Mr. Joebloggs for the reply. Yes he is not a child (minor age). So he will apply on a tourist visa following all the requirements.
His mum has the FLR visa ang married to a Brit.
What additional requirements should he present to the Embassy? Who is best to make the sponsorsphip letter for Him?

Thanks.

joebloggs
10th May 2009, 20:56
Thanks Mr. Joebloggs for the reply. Yes he is not a child (minor age). So he will apply on a tourist visa following all the requirements.
His mum has the FLR visa ang married to a Brit.
What additional requirements should he present to the Embassy? Who is best to make the sponsorsphip letter for Him?

Thanks.

make sure he applies for a family member visitor visa, so if the embassy refuse it he can appeal :D

I think its better his step dad sponsors him, because i take it he owns or rents the house, he has a job, and he's a British citizen, thou nothing to stop his mom co-sponsoring him to. or she could sponsor him on her own, as i'm pretty sure anyone who is in the uk legally can act as a sponsor.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf3sponsors

have to show Family links, businesses, properties, savings in banks, job, pension etc are some of the things that will ensure he goes back, to minimise risks of refusal.

why didn't she apply for a settlement visa for him ? how old is he? who does he live with, has he a job , does she send him money :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
11th May 2009, 14:41
make sure he applies for a family member visitor visa, so if the embassy refuse it he can appeal :D

I think its better his step dad sponsors him, because i take it he owns or rents the house, he has a job, and he's a British citizen, thou nothing to stop his mom co-sponsoring him to. or she could sponsor him on her own, as i'm pretty sure anyone who is in the uk legally can act as a sponsor.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf3sponsors

have to show Family links, businesses, properties, savings in banks, job, pension etc are some of the things that will ensure he goes back, to minimise risks of refusal.

why didn't she apply for a settlement visa for him ? how old is he? who does he live with, has he a job , does she send him money :Erm:

Thanks again Mr. Joebloggs for the reply. Thanks for the link. Well appreciated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

May thanks.

Cheers!:)