PDA

View Full Version : needs advise for overstaying apply for spousal visa

maricel28
9th May 2009, 19:59
hello i just wanted to know is any chances if somebody applying for spouse visa but she had overstayer in uk before.because my friend applying for spouse visa but she is overstay in london for 5 years she coming back in philippines last march 2008 and get married in april 2008 but she is still here and now applying for spouse visa.what chances she has thanks.

bornatbirth
9th May 2009, 20:40
when she left did her passport get stamped or was anything done?

if not then no one will know about her overstaying?

Mrs.JMajor
9th May 2009, 20:59
Isnt that recorded in computer bornabirth,when she left the UK ?

Arthur Little
9th May 2009, 23:11
... if not then no one will know about her overstaying?

Hmm, that possibility crossed MY mind too! And I suppose it's relatively easy to "disappear without trace" :peepwall: for a while in a city the size of London. But nonetheless, I'm baffled as to how someone who's overstayed for such a lengthy period of time could possibly evade the scrutiny of the immigration authorities on returning to her home country. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
9th May 2009, 23:30

I'd have thought so! :cwm25:

katie37pinayuk
10th May 2009, 01:01
in the past (about just 3 yrs ago), when leaving UK, passport is not stamped with your exit nor scanned in the computer. but upon entry to Philippines, it is stamped...however - if you know people in the immigration, that is another story. with tightened rules nowadays thought, everything is scanned and computerised.

Arthur Little
10th May 2009, 03:02
Hmm, that possibility crossed MY mind too! And I suppose it's relatively easy to "disappear without trace" :peepwall: for a while in a city the size of London. But nonetheless, I'm baffled as to how someone who's overstayed for such a lengthy period of time could possibly evade the scrutiny of the immigration authorities on returning to her home country. :rolleyes:

Having said that, may I take the opportunity of welcoming you to the forum, Maricel. :) Good luck to your now-married friend; however, given her past "misdemeanour", she could find herself in a rather tricky situation in applying for a spouse visa. Therefore, I would be ill-advised in even attempting to speculate here. :ARsurrender: Sorry!

maricel28
10th May 2009, 08:06
thanks for the reply!her passport is clean and no stamp when she left london,

KeithD
10th May 2009, 08:48
:icon_lol: Yes if we had an immigration system, but as we don't you can come & go as you please :doh

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2009, 09:15
Because when people invistigate to the corrupt politician in PI,they know when they exit and they know when came in eh!

Tawi2
10th May 2009, 10:13
This happened to a lady I know from North London,she came here several years ago with her employer,did a runner and lived as a TNT till she met a guy who married her,they went to pinas(where she was already married with kids:Erm:)then when they tried to get back into UK she was denied,she is back in London now though after an appeal etc,I dont know what happened to the pinoy hubbie or the children however :rolleyes:

maricel28
10th May 2009, 14:38
well the new immigration law in london now as far as i know if you are overstaying in london you must to go back to your country voluntarily in your expenses, then they give a ban for one year and you can come back to london again but it depends

joebloggs
10th May 2009, 15:50
there is no automatic mandatory ban for spouses,doesn't mean you would not face a ban, just means it's not automatic unlike some other visa types.

i take it your passport was stamped by immigration when you landed back in Manila ?

blessedlady89
24th July 2009, 10:14
ECO will or might refused your application because of your previous immigration history. Consider yourself lucky if you will get a visa straight away. They don't care , even there is family involved. They are ruthless. But if you are refused visa, you will be given right of appeal. But expect to be away for a year. Because the time of waiting for the submission of appeal and hearing will take ages. MOre or less 6 months to 9 months. It may take more months of wait because Manila process the application of three other countries HK Japan and ??? (can't remember ). So could you imagine how many applications British Embassy has to deal with???

hello i just wanted to know is any chances if somebody applying for spouse visa but she had overstayer in uk before.because my friend applying for spouse visa but she is overstay in london for 5 years she coming back in philippines last march 2008 and get married in april 2008 but she is still here and now applying for spouse visa.what chances she has thanks.

blessedlady89
24th July 2009, 10:17
By the way you must be HONEST in your application because if they find out you will put yourself in more difficult situation. No matter what don't HIDE anything in your application.

ECO will or might refused your application because of your previous immigration history. Consider yourself lucky if you will get a visa straight away. They don't care , even there is family involved. They are ruthless. But if you are refused visa, you will be given right of appeal. But expect to be away for a year. Because the time of waiting for the submission of appeal and hearing will take ages. MOre or less 6 months to 9 months. It may take more months of wait because Manila process the application of three other countries HK Japan and ??? (can't remember ). So could you imagine how many applications British Embassy has to deal with???

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 12:46

Ask your friend to spend time reading info here in the forum as we have had lots of members who have asked the same question before. ALso tell her to visit the official immigration websites ie. Home Office and British Embassy in Phils.

when she left did her passport get stamped or was anything done?
if not then no one will know about her overstaying?

thanks for the reply!her passport is clean and no stamp when she left london,

When leaving UK immigration usually has no stamp, but when landed in Phils they'll get one.

WHen applying a visa to UK ,the BritEMb REQUIRED you to show them any of your old/previous passports specially those stamps/visa you applied to any country before.

They will also have record of your previous application to the UK, so even though you tell them that you cant show your old passport for some reason (ie.lost passport or overstayed your visa and doesn't want it to show to the BritEmb) they will still know your history.

So my advice is never lie to the BritEmb, always tell the truth whatever you did with your previous visa. BritEmb are not stupid.

If you would like to have a success application, provide all the supporting documents they required and must show that THIS TIME you're a genuine applicant.

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 12:55
I also want to add the ECO will always based on how good your supporting documents and how good you can demonstrate your intention of applying a right visa for you.

trader dave
26th July 2009, 01:45
:icon_lol: Yes if we had an immigration system, but as we don't you can come & go as you please :doh

that only applies if you are not british :Erm::Erm:

if you miss a court apperance and you are british you get arrested as soon as you walk off the plane:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

beppe
26th July 2009, 03:26
Before you go any further, it would be wise to consult an immigration lawyer.

maricel28
3rd September 2009, 13:15
hello everyone in this forum,first of all i would like to thanks the almighty good who give me this wonderful gift.2nd to people in forum who always there to give advise.
finally i got a visa after 11weeks of waiting i cant believe but i handle now my passport with visa.after nearly 3month of worrying in my case i know it very difficult to have visa thanks also to the ECO who handle my application. my tears is falling when i saw my passport.:Hellooo:

Tawi2
3rd September 2009, 13:34
I thought it was your "Friend" who was the overstayer :rolleyes:I wonder why they gave you a visa instead of her :Erm:

LEAHnew
3rd September 2009, 13:55
hello everyone in this forum,first of all i would like to thanks the almighty good who give me this wonderful gift.2nd to people in forum who always there to give advise.
finally i got a visa after 11weeks of waiting i cant believe but i handle now my passport with visa.after nearly 3month of worrying in my case i know it very difficult to have visa thanks also to the ECO who handle my application. my tears is falling when i saw my passport.:Hellooo:

Congratulation Maricel:xxgrinning--00xx3: I understand you predicament and referred it as YOUR FRIEND:):Hellooo:

I thought it was your "Friend" who was the overstayer :rolleyes:I wonder why they gave you a visa instead of her :Erm:

:doh:D the author maybe confused:D

Tawi2
3rd September 2009, 14:08
Confused :Erm:I dont know about her but I certainly am :Erm:You mean its like Norman Bat:Erm:es and his "mother":Erm:Her friend was the overstayer but they gave her the visa because the friend has Multiple Personality Syndrome:Erm:and pretends to be her through dissasociative personality disorder and really the visa was meant for the brother as the aunt was the overstayer :Erm:

IainBusby
3rd September 2009, 14:14

Congratulation to you..... and to your friend! :Erm:

LEAHnew
3rd September 2009, 14:36
Confused :Erm:I dont know about her but I certainly am :Erm:You mean its like Norman Bat:Erm:es and his "mother":Erm:Her friend was the overstayer but they gave her the visa because the friend has Multiple Personality Syndrome:Erm:and pretends to be her through dissasociative personality disorder and really the visa was meant for the brother as the aunt was the overstayer :Erm:

:doh:Rasp: that's really confusing then:Cuckoo:

Tawi2
3rd September 2009, 14:39
Glad we got the story sorted out then,I was quite confused for a minute,and my "Friend" who is sitting in the same chair as me was also :Erm::cwm34::Erm:

LadyJ
3rd September 2009, 18:19

Hi Maricel Well done!!:Hellooo:

Start packing now and get ready for winter!:36_1_26[1]:

bornatbirth
4th September 2009, 00:13
Glad we got the story sorted out then,I was quite confused for a minute,and my "Friend" who is sitting in the same chair as me was also :Erm::cwm34::Erm:

is that guy in the mirror you?

Congratulation to you..... and to your friend! :Erm:

yeah,congrats to the both of you! :D

the great british border control :doh

sunshine
4th September 2009, 05:04

Congratulations Maricel! Well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just curios thou, did you put in your application that you overstayed in london before?

I am in my 18th weeks of waiting:NoNo::bigcry:

maricel28
4th September 2009, 13:12
sorry for all all here in forum who confused and i know i didnt honest to all of you in the first ,yes sunshine i pass my aplication last june 16 and i put everything the in my appliacation that im overstayer .you just wait and soon you have a visa too good luck.

Tawi2
4th September 2009, 15:35
You mean YOU were the overstayer :cwm24:You were the TNT and not your "Friend" :cwm24: My goodness,thats totally destroyed my faith in humanity to know that some pinays are deliberately liberal with the truth :NoNo::bigcry:

maricel28
14th September 2009, 08:53
hi tawi,me and my friend are both overstay but i do my best when apply a visa she now starting to build documents to apply,thanks for your sarcastic reply that we are tnt in london instead of giving courage to your kababayan too.but trying to let down those who people like me and my freind that we are tnt.and those filipino there that working illegally to help there loves ones here the phillipines.because you are lucky to have a change to work there legal.

LadyJ
14th September 2009, 21:55
hi tawi,me and my friend are both overstay but i do my best when apply a visa she now starting to build documents to apply,thanks for your sarcastic reply that we are tnt in london instead of giving courage to your kababayan too.but trying to let down those who people like me and my freind that we are tnt.and those filipino there that working illegally to help there loves ones here the phillipines.because you are lucky to have a change to work there legal.

I think Tawi (Del) is British born and bred :xxgrinning--00xx3: Look back on his first few posts, even me got confused on your posts because you said it was your friend who overstayed the visa but then you posted again saying you received your visa. this is probably why Tawi replied that kind of comment to you on his last post.

Anyway, when are you coming to UK?:Hellooo:

maricel28
16th September 2009, 13:48
ah ok thanks,im planning next month1