PDA

View Full Version : Filipina/UK Christian Fellowship?

John Chingford
8th May 2009, 16:47
I wonder if it is possible to use this site in finding a fellowship of Filipina/UK couples who are bible believing Christians. I know my wife (who has just arrived in London 2 months ago) is keen to meet fellow Filipina believers.

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 16:54
John,in the early 1990's I used to know a guy called Pastor David Nurse,he was a lay preacher lecturing to the Philippine domestic helps who flock to statue square in Hong Kongs central district on a sundays.I lost contact with him in the late 1990's when I returned to the UK for good.
2002-2003 :Erm: I came out of earls court tube and a familiar face caught my eye :omg:It was David Nurse himself,surrounded by a flock of Pinays handing out leaflets :Erm: I had a natter with him,he has set up a Eurasian church somewhere in the capital,his wifes filipina,his congregation were mostly filipinas and english,I think he is based around earls court somewhere,great guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

John Chingford
8th May 2009, 17:03
Thanks for your reply. Does anybody have any more information as to the location of the church?

bornatbirth
8th May 2009, 21:10
can i ask?

will we all burn in hell if we dont believe in the same as you?

somebody
8th May 2009, 21:21
John,in the early 1990's I used to know a guy called Pastor David Nurse,he was a lay preacher lecturing to the Philippine domestic helps who flock to statue square in Hong Kongs central district on a sundays.I lost contact with him in the late 1990's when I returned to the UK for good.
2002-2003 :Erm: I came out of earls court tube and a familiar face caught my eye :omg:It was David Nurse himself,surrounded by a flock of Pinays handing out leaflets :Erm: I had a natter with him,he has set up a Eurasian church somewhere in the capital,his wifes filipina,his congregation were mostly filipinas and english,I think he is based around earls court somewhere,great guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The Wife and I bumped into a guy in a Phill cafe in Earls court a few years back. Seemed to be their regularly.

if you obtain the phill newspapers left free at phill shops and check out the adverts/poster in the windows of the shops im sure your find groups who may help.

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 21:25
That could well be David Nurse somebody,he told me he had set up shop in the area,nice guy,he just has a habit of trying to convert everyone :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
9th May 2009, 13:45
I wonder if it is possible to use this site in finding a fellowship of Filipina/UK couples who are bible believing Christians. I know my wife (who has just arrived in London 2 months ago) is keen to meet fellow Filipina believers.

Hi John Chingford, You can tell your wife to visit the Christian churches near your place. Methodist, Baptist etc. All of them has church activities like women's fellowship, mid-week service etc etc and one of those is the bible study. She will meet friends having the same belief as hers.

Best of luck...:)

anngrimes78@msn
11th May 2009, 20:03
i know there a lot of christian fellowships in different places here in uk.
when i got here, it wasnt that hard to look for one...
its nice to belong to a church espicially when your far from home...
God bless you...

Sophie
11th May 2009, 21:57
its nice to belong to a church espicially when your far from home...

I agree with you anngrimes. And i'm actually trying to look for one around our area. May i know what church you're into, if you don't mind?

estherboaz
11th May 2009, 22:30
i agree with you Sophie and Anngrimes.There are lots of Christian fellowhips in Uk.

Sophie
11th May 2009, 22:41
i agree with you Sophie and Anngrimes.There are lots of Christian fellowhips in Uk.

Hopefully i can find one within our area soon :)

KeithD
12th May 2009, 09:10
Of course not silly......just you :D

bornatbirth
12th May 2009, 12:38
Of course not silly......just you :D

:omg: so do i change my name to deidatdeath :Erm::icon_lol:

anngrimes78@msn
12th May 2009, 19:48
i used to go to a fellowship in chester but when we moved in here in wrexham i attend sunday service in bellevue christian fellowship.
you can actually search the net and find the nearest churches from where you live.
hope it goes well.

KeithD
12th May 2009, 19:49
I used to believe in the Fellowship of the Rings :rolleyes:

Eljohno
12th May 2009, 21:53
can i ask?

Just wondering why you responded like this when this guy is simply asking a question, is he not allowed to ask for info or make a suggestion like this?:doh

Sophie
12th May 2009, 21:55
i used to go to a fellowship in chester but when we moved in here in wrexham i attend sunday service in bellevue christian fellowship.
you can actually search the net and find the nearest churches from where you live.
hope it goes well.

ok, copy that :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks again ann :)

bornatbirth
12th May 2009, 22:02
Just wondering why you responded like this when this guy is simply asking a question, is he not allowed to ask for info or make a suggestion like this?:doh

try reading johns other posts,i think you find hes suggesting we will?

bornatbirth
12th May 2009, 22:03
I used to believe in the Fellowship of the Rings :rolleyes:

was you the fat hobbit? :Erm::xxparty-smiley-004:

John Chingford
13th May 2009, 20:55
try reading johns other posts,i think you find hes suggesting we will?

U asked:"can i ask? will we all burn in hell if we dont believe in the same as u?"

I answered his question as follows, but did not receive a reply:

" If you really want me 2 answer that question I am very happy 2 do so. Just let me know.but in order not to be misunderstood and that I show you due respect and compassion I need to write again. However, just a brief answer here for now:

The reason Jesus died on the cross was 2 satisfy God's laws of justice 4 sin. It wasn't just 4 our wrong doing but to save us from the corruption of our sinful nature (our tendencies to think and do wrong). This sinful nature has evolved in a downhill spiral since the first man was created perfect and then disobeyed. Jesus bore the full penalty of God's wrath in place of us. Jesus is the only one worthy 2 have done this for us and so it is true what He said that He is the only way to the Father because it is only through Jesus that we can experience God's forgiveness and love. It is only through trusting in Him that we can experience God's mercy and way into heaven." .

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 12:50
If anyone finds this thread and advice useful please visit my profile, leave comments and mark me to improve my reputation. Thanks