PDA

View Full Version : Filipina dating traditions?

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 20:19
Is it true that the male is expected to visit the family at their home to be taken seriously?

I am involved with a Filipina girl.
She has told me i need to go and visit the whole family (parents, brothers, uncle and close friend i believe, if my memory serves me correct) which at first made me nervous but eventually started to agree to make plans to visit the family home for dinner.

Now i am very keen on this girl and i do love her. Although i do not like pictures i have seen of her brothers who are apparently "very protective" of her. I think that her brothers and his friends look "intimidating" with tattoos and have posed for pictures with large swords :NoNo: (Large swords - Not the behavior or attitude of the true Filipino i don't believe)

It is worrying me and my judgements and accusations have not gone well and have upset/offended my girl's family who have told her to stop speaking with me. I do care for her and love her very much it is just i am increasingly worried by the pictures i have seen.

Does "T.S.T" mean anything to anyone here?
Only that is a friendship group her brothers are involved with.

People please advise and offer as much information as possible, salamat in advance.

sunshine
5th May 2009, 20:49
Is it true that the male is expected to visit the family at their home to be taken seriously?

I am involved with a Filipina girl.
She has told me i need to go and visit the whole family (parents, brothers, uncle and close friend i believe, if my memory serves me correct) which at first made me nervous but eventually started to agree to make plans to visit the family home for dinner.

Now i am very keen on this girl and i do love her. Although i do not like pictures i have seen of her brothers who are apparently "very protective" of her. I think that her brothers and his friends look "intimidating" with tattoos and have posed for pictures with large swords :NoNo: (Large swords - Not the behavior or attitude of the true Filipino i don't believe)

It is worrying me and my judgements and accusations have not gone well and have upset/offended my girl's family who have told her to stop speaking with me. I do care for her and love her very much it is just i am increasingly worried by the pictures i have seen.

Does "T.S.T" mean anything to anyone here?
Only that is a friendship group her brothers are involved with.

People please advise and offer as much information as possible, salamat in advance.

I thought u said (in your other thread) that your lonely prince and would want to meet some:Erm:

For me, i only let the guy meet my family if i am sure with him or really love him or serious with him. I dont know what TST means. is that the name of their group?

One thing i can say is that filipino men who has tatoo in Phililippines is not really good, unless if you are a celebrity:rolleyes: but common people if got tattoo some will think you're an ex-convict:yikes: i know in uk its common and acceptable. It's just different in every country:)

May i ask wheres your girl from? wat part in philippines

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 20:50
TST :omg:Temple street trece,the only asian gang I heard of over there,not exactly what I would describe as a "Friendship group" unless you apply the same title to the Mafia and the triads,mongrel mob,black power,hells angels etc :icon_lol: Your 18 years old?Is this girl in Pinas?How did you meet her?As for visiting every single member of the family,I hope you have a spare year or so as some families are quite large :yikes:Dont worry,I am sure her brothers will take care of you :omg:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 20:54
She is from Cavite :)

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 20:57
I went over there first time when I was 19 mate,but I was quite clued up and streetwise having already visited other third world countries,you sound apprehensive already having seen a few blades in a pic :icon_lol:If your going round for dinner to meet the family where are you at the moment,and if you love her why are you a "Lonely-prince"? :Erm:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 20:59
TST :omg:Temple street trece,the only asian gang I heard of over there,not exactly what I would describe as a "Friendship group" unless you apply the same title to the Mafia and the triads,mongrel mob,black power,hells angels etc :icon_lol: Your 18 years old?Is this girl in Pinas?How did you meet her?As for visiting every single member of the family,I hope you have a spare year or so as some families are quite large :yikes:Dont worry,I am sure her brothers will take care of you :omg:
She is living here in London and i first met her in a social networking site and then on "friendster" (she had me join it and her friends including this brother have added me there)
So TST is bad then? I guess i should be careful if they are part of a gang and especially if i have now upset the family ... Not advisable to go and meet them in their home for dinner then? :(

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:01
I went over there first time when I was 19 mate,but I was quite clued up and streetwise having already visited other third world countries,you sound apprehensive already having seen a few blades in a pic :icon_lol:If your going round for dinner to meet the family where are you at the moment,and if you love her why are you a "Lonely-prince"? :Erm:
I don't know what to do. I mean not every Filipina and her family are involved with TST are they? I have told her i know what TST represents she just says it is a friendship group and her brother does not cause trouble. Hmmm, i am not too sure what to think.

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:03
If your in London mate the dinners going to be cold by the time you turn up in Cavite mate,and if your running late the table is likely to be bare as one thing pinoys love is food :icon_lol: I have heard of the temple street trece,ask her is that them?I never heard them called a "Friendship" group however,more like a pinoy branch of the triads :icon_lol:How old is she?Surely her family are here in London with her?The important ones anyway,mum,dad,and siblings :Erm:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:04
Some more information ...
B.A.P - Brown and Proud?

Any information on that anyone?

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:06
If your in London mate the dinners going to be cold by the time you turn up in Cavite mate,and if your running late the table is likely to be bare as one thing pinoys love is food :icon_lol: I have heard of the temple street trece,ask her is that them?I never heard them called a "Friendship" group however,more like a pinoy branch of the triads :icon_lol:How old is she?Surely her family are here in London with her?The important ones anyway,mum,dad,and siblings :Erm:
She lives with her family in East London, i can get there to see her by train or bus normally takes about 3 hours. If she and her family are involved in TST should i stay away? And find another Filipina? I mean surely they are not all involved with TST are they?

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:07
Pinoy culture is run on brotherhood type lines,they dont tend to be individuals,they prefer team work so maybe that explains her bro's initiation into the TST's?Doesnt the posing with swords give you a clue as to how friendly they are?:Erm:I am trying to remember the last time I posed in a pic with a sword :Erm: :NoNo: Besides,your 18,enjoy life :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:09
I never heard of BAP,but maybe I stick to the nice parts of Manila,the place is actually filled with plastic gangsters,I met loads,they model themselves on gangs from other parts of the world,gangs like LA's BAHALA NA :icon_lol: Why are you so interested in filipinas anyway,18 years old?You should be having the time of your life :xxgrinning--00xx3: Dont worry too much about gangs mate,its a phase we all go through and grow out of :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:12
If you do go over there dont drink with them :omg: it can sometimes kick-off worse than plaistow on a saturday night :icon_lol:

trader dave
5th May 2009, 21:13
ok so you are 18 how old is she ?

you say she is in uk now ?was she born here then ? if so are here parents here? dont even bother going to the philippines :doh when you actualy get married [if you do ] invite the brothers sisters here [remember your be buying the plane tickets though:omg:

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:14
DONT INVITE THEM OVER:yikes:.........................They might bring their swords :omg::icon_lol:

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:17
In your introductory thread you describe yourself as single and looking for someone special:Erm: In this thread your with someone and love her :Erm: elaborate please?

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:17
She is 19 and was born in Cavite ... She has been here for just over 2 years i believe.

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:20
DONT INVITE THEM OVER:yikes:.........................They might bring their swords :omg::icon_lol:
Please address this topic with a degree of seriousness. Luckily she doesn't have my home address, i managed to avoid giving it especaily when i knew of the T.S.T involvement. I think maybe i should find a Filipina and family that are "decent". In terms of being law abiding and respectful.

trader dave
5th May 2009, 21:20
the signs outside the bars worried me at first -

kindly leave all firearms and weapons outside :omg: i have never seen so many security guards with guns in my life :Erm: but you get used to it some places looked like the wild west and that was near butwan:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:23
In your introductory thread you describe yourself as single and looking for someone special:Erm: In this thread your with someone and love her :Erm: elaborate please?
I am looking for a special someone that's right. I don't want a British girl (no racism intended), i feel they are not respectful or caring enough. I want someone that will stand by me and support me i want a soul-mate not just a Saturday night fling "wham!, bam! thank you ma'am style."
If this Filipina my post is relating to is involved in all of this i will consider looking for another Filipina. I want someone law-abiding and decent.

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:24
Your right,sorry for being facetious,its just you describe yourself as being single and looking,then your smitten and in love thinking of popping over to pinas with a gang of sword wielding triads,now your saying maybe you should leave her :Erm:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:24
the signs outside the bars worried me at first -

kindly leave all firearms and weapons outside :omg: i have never seen so many security guards with guns in my life :Erm: but you get used to it some places looked like the wild west and that was near butwan:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:
That's slightly concerning to say the least.
I know the Philippines is 70% below the poverty line and i understand the hardships.

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:26
Here you are Dave,this place was like downtown Kabul,despite the fact it was in Quezon City(memo to self,never go for a bar crawl with drunken pinoys) :yikes:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:27
Your right,sorry for being facetious,its just you describe yourself as being single and looking,then your smitten and in love thinking of popping over to pinas with a gang of sword wielding triads,now your saying maybe you should leave her :Erm:
That's ok my friend. I am sorry if i am confusing you with my trail of thoughts. If this Filipina and her siblings are involved with T.S.T i will have no choice but to look for another Filipina. I need to be happy and in my search to find a soul-mate there will be break-ups along the way, i am here hoping to meet a loving Filipina.

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:29
Here you are Dave,this place was like downtown Kabul,despite the fact it was in Quezon City(memo to self,never go for a bar crawl with drunken pinoys) :yikes:
;) Thanks for the advice i will take note :)

trader dave
5th May 2009, 21:29
my friend find a filipina of your dreams IN THE PHILIPPINES NOT IN EAST LONDON :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3: and wait a few years ,go visit the place do some research first :Erm: its a great place for a single guy as well:Rasp::Rasp::Cuckoo:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:30
my friend find a filipina of your dreams IN THE PHILIPPINES NOT IN EAST LONDON :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3: and wait a few years ,go visit the place do some research first :Erm: its a great place for a single guy as well:Rasp::Rasp::Cuckoo:
That sounds like some good and sound advice to me :)

trader dave
5th May 2009, 21:35
yes tawi :yikes:

i got a little worried when i first entered a bar it was all you could drink for 100 peso i thought this is going to be like the uk everyone getting drunk having a punchup ---- it was great never see a cross word all night just people laughing ,dancing and singing i must say i still feel safer in the phils than wandering around parts of london at night :cwm24::cwm24:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:39
yes tawi :yikes:

i got a little worried when i first entered a bar it was all you could drink for 100 peso i thought this is going to be like the uk everyone getting drunk having a punchup ---- it was great never see a cross word all night just people laughing ,dancing and singing i must say i still feel safer in the phils than wandering around parts of london at night :cwm24::cwm24:
I can believe that too, the UK is getting very bad ... So no punch-ups or exchange of bad words? Just happy people having a good time yes? :)

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 21:41
I have seen a fight or two in the philippines,they dont tend to have punch-ups ALA manny pacquiao,they actually prefer knife-ups and I once saw two guys hold a man while the third broke a bottle over his head :omg: Good clean fun :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:50
I have seen a fight or two in the philippines,they dont tend to have punch-ups ALA manny pacquiao,they actually prefer knife-ups and I once saw two guys hold a man while the third broke a bottle over his head :omg: Good clean fun :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yes sounds like very good clean fun indeed :)

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:51
Yes sounds like good clean fun to me too :)

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 21:56
Do you want to get marry now or just want to have friend pinay ?? because if you just want friend,well...youre just 18..

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 21:59
Do you want to get marry now or just want to have friend pinay ?? because if you just want friend,well...youre just 18..
If i met the right lady i would get married to her now.
I am not like others, i don't believe in having a different girl every night of the week.
There should be just one special one.

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2009, 22:01
If i met the right lady i would get married to her now.
I am not like others, i don't believe in having a different girl every night of the week.
There should be just one special one.

oppps I was replying on your other thread

Lonely-Prince
5th May 2009, 22:04
oppps I was replying on your other thread
I am serious and that is the reason i am here on this website to find somebody special.
Please treat me as such, salamat ang ingat ka :)

Eljohno
5th May 2009, 22:39
You are only 18 so why the hurry to find a soul mate?

Take your time and if things do not work out with this girl then maybe you can visit the Philippines although i would not advise going on your own while so young!!

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 22:40
Any reason why your wanting to marry so young?Can you afford to run a household at the age of 18?:rolleyes: are you independant from your parents?Working and earning enough to afford a place?:Erm:

Sophie
5th May 2009, 23:08
That's ok my friend. I am sorry if i am confusing you with my trail of thoughts. If this Filipina and her siblings are involved with T.S.T i will have no choice but to look for another Filipina. I need to be happy and in my search to find a soul-mate there will be break-ups along the way, i am here hoping to meet a loving Filipina.

You don't start looking for another filipina for a potential relationship when you are still in one. That's still considered cheating. You have to sort things out first with your current gf. Unless you knew for sure what this TST is all about, then that's when you decide if you will continue or leave the relationship. How sure are you that her family is not law-abiding? You have to gather facts first before you make up some conclusions about her and her family. I think it's not fair to her. And in this forum, the only way you can meet filipinas will be through referrals from members since all of us members here are married already or in a relationship with brit guys already.

amam62
6th May 2009, 13:49
In June i'll be returning back to the Philippines... if you want you can add me on facebook so i could introduce you to few of my colleagues.

You could start making friends with them and discover different types of filipina in the philippines.

NotYou
6th May 2009, 16:48
Oh I say,

First time I met my wife's brother he made a great show of polishing his gun (an ancient revolver) telling me it was his best friend, along with the other boyz in da hood. Vaguely amusing, but I managed a suitably serious expression. Didn't have the heart to tell him I had a larger arsenal. The poor boys just want to be taken seriously, underneath they are all charming and polite.

Should I divorce my wife because of this Bornatbirth?

bornatbirth
6th May 2009, 16:55
why you asking me you married her? do whatever you like! :icon_lol:

do you polish your own gun?

NotYou
6th May 2009, 17:03
I keep my weapon concealed, it frightens people if I get it out. I sometimes admire it alone. Though I must shoot it all off soon.

Tawi2
6th May 2009, 17:24
I love the western image of the shy,subserviant,demure filipina :icon_lol: The first week in March I had a night in Manila so I popped into LA Cafe on Del Pilar,I was sitting drinking a coke when there was a scuffle on the far side of the bar which started to turn nasty :cwm24:A tiny little pinay was getting into an indian national and trying to wrestle him to the floor :omg:I passed him about 10 minutes later as I left the place,he was still arguing with security at the door trying to get back inside :icon_lol:

trader dave
6th May 2009, 17:31
:doh:doh i used to have trouble with my weapon it would always get me in trouble :icon_lol::cwm34: mind you my new wife to be, has solved that problem :omg::omg::Help1::Cuckoo:

Sophie
6th May 2009, 17:32
I love the western image of the shy,subserviant,demure filipina :icon_lol: The first week in March I had a night in Manila so I popped into LA Cafe on Del Pilar,I was sitting drinking a coke when there was a scuffle on the far side of the bar which started to turn nasty :cwm24:A tiny little pinay was getting into an indian national and trying to wrestle him to the floor :omg:I passed him about 10 minutes later as I left the place,he was still arguing with security at the door trying to get back inside :icon_lol:

So i suppose that's the western image of the shy, subserviant, demure filipina that you love? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

NotYou
6th May 2009, 18:08
I am shocked Tawi2, that you might go to the LA Cafe. Shocking. I only go, of course, because it is not far from my wife's aunt's house. Mind you I didn't go there for years, only ventured in last December to remind myself of the debauchery available to those that might go there. I know someone that says he goes there because he likes playing pool. Yeah right mate, nothing else there to make it interesting is there.

Thank you Sophie I now love you. Yes this is the image held by many people, it is a wild assumption that everyone is the same (i.e. all filipinas are shy, subserviant etc). We are all different.

I managed a little jam session with a filipino band last night, they are such good musicians (now is that a wild assumption too!).

Arthur Little
6th May 2009, 19:00
I keep my weapon concealed, it frightens people if I get it out. I sometimes admire it alone. Though I must shoot it all off soon.

DO you? DOES it, indeed? REALLY? MUST you? Dearie me, the mind boggles! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
6th May 2009, 19:22
:doh:doh i used to have trouble with my weapon it would always get me in trouble :icon_lol::cwm34: mind you my new wife to be, has solved that problem :omg::omg::Help1::Cuckoo:

:doh Shame on you Dave! Stop boasting!:Sex:

Mrs.JMajor
6th May 2009, 20:08
Should I divorce my wife because of this Bornatbirth?
You should do that long ago,because you really sounds your not happy with your wife :Erm:

Tawi2
6th May 2009, 20:15
I only popped into LA because I had been eating in the Hobbit Bar over the road :Erm: Ermitas changed a lot,when I first went there before mayor lim rode into town and cleaned it up like dodge-city LA was known as Rosies Diner :yikes: Now that was a den of vice and iniquity :NoNo: Amazonia over the road is a nicer bar to play pool in :)

Florge
7th May 2009, 06:08
oh... there are brawls and punch-ups here too... but depends on which part of the bar scene you are.. and if you're at the right place and at the right time, you'll be lucky to witness one... hehehehe

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 11:28
Florge,I saw a mild cat-fight at VENUE once,little bit of pushing and shoving,the air was blue with p**ang i*a's for a while :icon_lol:

katie37pinayuk
8th May 2009, 14:30
why you asking me you married her? do whatever you like! :icon_lol:

do you polish your own gun?

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2009, 16:04
Thank you Sophie I now love you. .

:icon_lol::icon_lol::smileybigtmouth:

bornatbirth
8th May 2009, 20:52
hows the son in law?

is he upto the job?

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2009, 21:53
hows the son in law?

is he upto the job?

I dont know,I was looking for him too....:Cuckoo: Where are you now my future son in law :bigcry:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:
Lets wait till tomorrow,if he will turn up

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 22:02
Hope he hasnt had a visit from the TST "Friendship" group :cwm24: After all he dropped his lady within one evening of being in here amongst the bad influences :icon_lol: and swore undying love for Mrs M's daughter :Erm:

bornatbirth
8th May 2009, 22:15
you mean those swords got some action :Erm: :icon_lol:

maybe they chop him off?

leahneilcheeka
9th May 2009, 01:55
She is 19 and was born in Cavite ... She has been here for just over 2 years i believe.

so she was here since she was only 17 years old???? how did she get in here may I asked and what's her job if any?

my partner and i met here i uk... started on the internet...met my family 4 times and we have been together nearly 5 years now... time really flies when you are with someone you truly love...

tattoos are not good...but hey don't judge the book by its covers!!

MarBell379
28th May 2009, 22:56
Brawls happen everywhere. Even in the fanciest places.
Gangs also spring up everywhere - I remember being part of a 'gang' when I was at school and barely 7 yrs old. It was a group of friends, nothing more, but we called ourselves the Hells Angels.
It did NOT mean we were affiliated with the real Hells Angels, or even in reality knew what they were, it just sounded cool.
Lots of groups of young men style themselves on 'gangs' when they are in reality just groups of friends.

My concern in all of this is not whether or not these guys are or arent a gang, friends, dangerous, or teddy bears. Its more fundamental than that. If someone is too scared to meet his girlfriends family. - If his love for her does not transcend this most simple of boundaries it is NOT going to be long lasting.
People like this should grow some backbone and go and find out in person - you never find out what people're about while you hide behind a keyboard.

Tawi2
28th May 2009, 23:20
He dumped his girl the same night Mar and transfered his attentions to Mrs M's daughter after Mrs M assured him her brother wasnt affiliated with the TST(She didnt tell him her bro is a founder member of the Bahala na gang) :icon_lol: