PDA

View Full Version : Spanish holiday

thejarvs
4th May 2009, 07:49
I'm thinking of taking mrsjarv and lil Raffy to Spain for a holiday, Cristina holds a Philippines passport so i'm guessing she will require a visa? I've no idea where to get this lol I assume phil embassy?

Raf and I have UK passports so no problems there.

johncar54
4th May 2009, 08:01
You will need to make the application at the consulate of the county or countries you will visit. However, if the countries are all in the Schengen Area, then get the visa for the first one you will visit, you can then enter all the others.

Example, we live in Spain my wife can visit/live and work in France, Portugal, Germany, Italy, etc but not Gibraltar, not even to go shopping !!!!

Tiggers0608
4th May 2009, 08:06
Hi, yes, your wife needs a visa to go to spain and you don't need to go to phil embassy ....as the embassy you need to get your visa is from the embassy of spain.

you can try looking for info here in the forum, if i remember it right some of the members already posted info's about it :)

good luck and enjoy your holiday

johncar54
4th May 2009, 08:09
If you are searching look for 'Schengen Area' visas.

Piamed
4th May 2009, 08:27
You'll probably have to end up at one of the London consulates (probably Spanish if that is the first Scengen entry point) my friend as Cristina will need a Schengen visa.

Btw, I'm going to Israel next week and I noticed that Filipinos can go there without a visa needed. I saw fares for less than £350 too.

KeithD
4th May 2009, 08:36
More English in Spain than England :rolleyes:

thejarvs
4th May 2009, 08:57
ofcourse Spanish Embassy :doh for visa to spain lol

Looks like we have to go to the Embassy to apply in person, there is one in Manchester only 20 miles away so not too bad.

Salamat poh

Tiggers0608
4th May 2009, 09:21
ofcourse Spanish Embassy :doh for visa to spain lol

Looks like we have to go to the Embassy to apply in person, there is one in Manchester only 20 miles away so not too bad.

Salamat poh

:Erm: you can call them first, as some of the embassy here they allow an application on post also , you don't need to go there unless its near ur area and u need the visa asap.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: u can apply for schengen visa too valid for 6 months or something like that :rolleyes:

Ann07
4th May 2009, 13:34
Wow, nice sunny spain:)
We've plan to go there as well maybe next year:D

Goodluck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
4th May 2009, 13:44
Wow, nice sunny Spain

That why we live here.

Normally for example, we can plan to have a barbecue say next Friday week and we have one that day. Unlike UK, where one might say, lets have a barbie this afternoon and at 12 noon you have to cancel as it has started raining !!!!

Ann07
4th May 2009, 14:16
Wow, nice sunny Spain

That why we live here.

Normally for example, we can plan to have a barbecue say next Friday week and we have one that day. Unlike UK, where one might say, lets have a barbie this afternoon and at 12 noon you have to cancel as it has started raining !!!!

True:xxgrinning--00xx3::doh

Eljohno
4th May 2009, 16:29
Wow, nice sunny Spain

That why we live here.

Where in Spain are you living? I am sure you are loving it?

johncar54
4th May 2009, 16:32
Where in Spain are you living?

Costa del Sol. 24ºC now (5.30 pm) clear blue sky.

Eljohno
4th May 2009, 16:38
Where in Spain are you living?

Costa del Sol. 24ºC now (5.30 pm) clear blue sky.

I was there about a month ago visiting my brother who lives about an hours drive from Malaga and loved it!!

flomike
4th May 2009, 21:31
I'm thinking of taking mrsjarv and lil Raffy to Spain for a holiday, Cristina holds a Philippines passport so i'm guessing she will require a visa? I've no idea where to get this lol I assume phil embassy?

Raf and I have UK passports so no problems there.

I think you can post the application and its free for your wife as spouse of EU citizen i think? Unless you are in a hurry you can pay visit the Spanish consulate in Manchester.

pennybarry
6th May 2009, 06:44
My Mom-in-law always visits Spain before as she has Time Share all over the world. I wish I could borrow it so I can save some dosh.:D Is that possible???:D

I want to fly to Barcelona onced I got my British passport. With friends or with hubby:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thejarvs
6th May 2009, 07:00
I think you can post the application and its free for your wife as spouse of EU citizen i think? Unless you are in a hurry you can pay visit the Spanish consulate in Manchester.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: cool, no hurry so i'l do that thanks.

My Mom-in-law always visits Spain before as she has Time Share all over the world. I wish I could borrow it so I can save some dosh.:D Is that possible???:D

I would have though so. My Father owns a small house in Spain for us to stay in which is why I thought of the plan hehehe

keeperlit
22nd August 2009, 19:29
just seen your question ,,,,just to let you know i took my fiancee to puerto rico in the gran canaries ,,,i got her the senga visa from spanish embassy with no problems at all infact they were very nice helping us with the visa as we live in belfast northern ireland and the only spanish embassy was in manchester ,,,,hope you all get sorted out and enjoy your holiday ,,,john and karen

aposhark
22nd August 2009, 21:13
Wow, nice sunny Spain

That why we live here.

There are also some negatives about living in Spain, John.
I lived there for a year and couldn't seem to find any friends who didn't want to get p$%^&d at every opportunity.

I also worked there for another year and everyone seemed to be three sheets to the wind all the time in that year also.

Mindyou I was single at the time so I never really made friends with families :rolleyes:

I was always on the coast and this seemed to be the biggest problem as the Spanish people didn't have much time for foreigners.
I speak Spanish too :omg:

When I was driving through Spain in the car and stopping off for this and that, I could not get over how much friendlier the people were to me. I talked to quite a lot of Spanish people and frankly, they were appalled at the things that the drunks did.

They did however like the money that the tourists brought in.

I was talking to an Englishman yesterday who lives in Spain and he was telling me all sorts of stories about people losing everything there because houses had been built where they shouldn't have been and they were demolished later with no compensation to the owners.

It has been OK for many but equally a nightmare for others.