PDA

View Full Version : self employment VA4 question

ron
2nd May 2009, 22:01
Hi everyone , if you followed my thread you will see i was unemployed ive now started self employment as of 1st May 2009. I ve made this decison in view of the growing unemployment. Next do i need to show a full six months accounts as earnings? for my wifes spousevisa application or is there a short cut to this. Any thoughts apreciated:ARsurrender: Ron

joebloggs
2nd May 2009, 22:08
Financial Standing - The application must be supported by evidence which demonstrates that the applicant will not become reliant upon public funds. In the normal case, this takes the form of the sponsor/applicant (or co-sponsor) providing:

1. Salary slips for at least the previous 3 months, preferably the previous 6 months; AND
2. Bank statements for at least the previous 3 months; AND
3. The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) employment contract (if the sponsor is not independently wealthy); AND
4. The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) most recent P60 (in the absence of salary slips).

If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) does not work, then the employment contract and P60 can be substituted with certified copies of the previous two years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his business accounts.

ron
2nd May 2009, 22:15
thanks Joe for the reply. Like i said im just starting with good contracts to show ongoing work. Would this mean i could just show 3 months certified accounts? Ron

joebloggs
2nd May 2009, 22:32
i couldn't tell you that sorry, but the longer the better

put a folder together, write a long covering letter saying that your self employed and have good prospects in terms of earning money.
put in various invoices and receipts of money earnt, also any ongoing agreements with companies and a letter stating from the owner that this would not be changing in the foreseeable future.

good luck :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
3rd May 2009, 09:32
Hi, I have always been self employed for last 25 years, you really need to show the last 6 months bank statements, and I would say if you could show 3 months previous accounts, preferably statements of payments you received that would suffice.

The main issue here is to remember, that you must show supporting evidence that you can support your girl for up to 30 months whilst in the UK, however, there have been many strange decisions on income, some have found that they got away with far less, others like me, had to provide the world to get a visa.

You never know, we always say here at the forum, the more you supply the better your chances of instant visa issue, so blind them with information, they don't want a book about your finances, but they do want to know your girl will not be a burden on the state, well at least not for a while.

mavid
3rd May 2009, 10:16
Hi Ron...my fiance is a self-employed window cleaner. He's been in the business for 10 years but stopped working while he was living with me in the Philippines. When we applied for my Fiance Visa he just recently re-established his window cleaning round but we made sure we waited atleast 6 months before we applied.

We submitted 6 months bank statements...we didn't have a big amount. Just under 2000 pounds.

We also submitted accumulated Signatures from all his window cleaning customers with corresponding payment they give & contact details for confirmation.

Then a budget statement to show expenditures and residual income like other members have adviced.

ron
3rd May 2009, 12:02
yes tyhanks everyone for the info. Very useful. i am actually working in garden maintenance and landscaping. Many clients already and lots of work in this summer months. I will get signatures from all clients and to say they give me work. Jsut taking one step forward and one back till i get there. All this advise is positive and will help me like others here who are in this same.