PDA

View Full Version : visa for a daughter

jbt
10th October 2006, 18:46
hi everyone..

im just new in this site, as well as, im new here in England...just a week ago.

i just wanna ask..if anyone can give me some info's...regarding my daughter in the philippines, whom i wish to join me here in england..

im on a settlement visa, my husband is british and we wish to be able to get my daughter to join us here and to study here in the future....my daughter, who's now 13 yrs. old, is carrying my name, since im not married to her father and on her b-certificate, i havent mention her fathers name ....can my husband sponsor her or shall he adopt my daughter first before applying for a visa? if so, is it hard to adopt?

thanks all and hoping to receive some replies

:)

joebloggs
11th October 2006, 14:04
Hello !,
Iam doing the same as you now, my wife has been in the uk since may last year, and we brought her then 4yr old daughter with us, now we are settled, we want to bring her son here on a settlement visa, iam applying now, as he will be 18 in feb next yr, iam virtualy using the same papers i used for my wife and step daughter to get here, last 6 months pay slips, bank statements, p60, contract of employment, iam not sure if my wife can co-sponsor my application, but iam sending her pay slips, bank statemnts etc,,, my wife seems to think that if hes a minor, under 18 he will not have to attend a interview, oh we also got a letter from his biological father, who lives in States, that he doesnt ojbect to him living in the UK... iam sending the papers off tomorrow, i dont expect any problems, but then......

i will let you know what happens..

good luck to !

jbt
11th October 2006, 18:51
hi joe...thanks for the reply and helpful info's....i just hope i'll be able to get my daughter here without much hassles...and i wish you the same for your step son.....

take care and goodluck too...:-)