PDA

View Full Version : Young Couple - PLEASE help

Jondash
2nd May 2009, 01:06
Hi there, i am 23yo a British citizen with filippino girlfriend, over the last 8 months i have spent six of those in the philippines, and would now very much like to bring my girlfriend to the UK (she is also 23). I know at this point even if we got married that appling for a spouse visa would be pointless, as i can't prove income for the last 8 months, but that is okay.

Our plan is to get married in he philippines when i next go back there next(probably July), then when i return to the UK i'd like very much so to bring her back just for 2-3 weeks JUST for a holiday. Then once she returns home i work fulltime, rent an apartment so i meet the criteria for spouse visa, and then finally apply for one so she can return to the UK to live/work (hopefully sometime next year).

I was wondering if this is a wise thing to do?..because we would be married when she comes for a holiday, maybe immigration think i'm going to keep her here past her valid stay? This is not the case but would like some advice as to what to do?

I have enough money to show for a touist visa, but how would immigration look upon what i plan to do? maybe it will look good on an application for a spouse visa if she aready been here for holiday? but because we married maybe they refuse tourist visa thinking she gonna stay illegally?!

What is the best way to go about this?
Our dream is to work 6 months here, then live 6 months there.

Please help
Thanks
Jon

pennybarry
2nd May 2009, 07:16
Hi there, i am 23yo a British citizen with filippino girlfriend, over the last 8 months i have spent six of those in the philippines, and would now very much like to bring my girlfriend to the UK (she is also 23). I know at this point even if we got married that appling for a spouse visa would be pointless, as i can't prove income for the last 8 months, but that is okay.

Our plan is to get married in he philippines when i next go back there next(probably July), then when i return to the UK i'd like very much so to bring her back just for 2-3 weeks JUST for a holiday. Then once she returns home i work fulltime, rent an apartment so i meet the criteria for spouse visa, and then finally apply for one so she can return to the UK to live/work (hopefully sometime next year).

I was wondering if this is a wise thing to do?..because we would be married when she comes for a holiday, maybe immigration think i'm going to keep her here past her valid stay? This is not the case but would like some advice as to what to do?

I have enough money to show for a touist visa, but how would immigration look upon what i plan to do? maybe it will look good on an application for a spouse visa if she aready been here for holiday? but because we married maybe they refuse tourist visa thinking she gonna stay illegally?!

Please help
Thanks
Jon

Your money may not help if she will apply tourist visa. But surely it will help if she will apply spouse visa in the future. If you think your girlfriend cannot show all the requirements and can't prove she will comeback, It will be good for you to land a job first, saved that money and onced you got permanent job, it will be more convinient. Just patience and persiverance needed isn't it?

Applying tourist visa is like a lottery. You will always read that here:D
She must be employed, have property, bank statement, and she need to convince the consul that she will comeback, not recourse the pubblic funds etc.

If your intention is to live in Pinas 6 months and 6 months here, I'm afraid she will have a problem in the future if she will apply her ILR because there are limited time period of stay outside the UK.

Goodluck!!!

thejarvs
2nd May 2009, 07:22
Welcome to the forum Jon :) I have a feeling your reservations maybe justified about the visit visa if you are already married. Good luck I'm sure other members will have more insight.

KeithD
2nd May 2009, 09:03
They would want to know why you would class your wife as a visitor! :Erm:

vbkelly
2nd May 2009, 14:01

Please help
Thanks
Jon

you guys are both young, if i were you find a job first then save a money then later marry her in the philippines then apply for spouse visa.

trader dave
2nd May 2009, 15:25
yours is a simple dream :xxgrinning--00xx3: if it was that simple it would be great unfortunantly the british government sees things a tad different :Erm:

i dont know realy where to start on your quest to bring your gf to the uk but i think i would get back here for a while get a regular job and get some cash stashed in the bank and all the better if your gf can work also in the philippines it is going to be a long hard struggle :Brick::Hellooo:

eljean
2nd May 2009, 16:01
I think it's best that you get married in the PI and save more money so you can apply for spouse visa after getting married insteads of applying for a visit visa when you only wanting her for 2 to 3 weeks?and better sort everything out like place to live,savings first,why not spouse coz she can stay with you for 2 years and further if you stay still married together,and also with the spouse visa she can legally work,better read more information regarding settlement visa. i dont see any problems in both of you as long as you prove to the eco that your relationship is genuine and you have enough funds to accomodate your living expenditure in the uk.

Jondash
2nd May 2009, 17:59
okay, thanks for the reply guys!

The reason i dont just apply for spouse visa, is in really want her her asap just to show her about ya know, give her something to look forward to, plus i thought visitor visa would be easier and quicker to get, and to keep her happy and show i am serious about her. When i am in philippines i spend every minute with her, its really hard adjusting coming back here alone.

at the moment i have £6,000 in the bank, i know with a fulltime job for a few months, and my own apartment (last 8 i moved back in with parents to save money for philippines) i will satisfy the immigration dicks, but it really frustrating when you trying to do something completly innocent and they look at you like a criminal, trying to find flaws with your case.

We have much evidence we are a true couple, we have been Thailand together, we share friends, she has met my family, i have stayed with hers, we have many pics/emails txts etc the whole lot. I know it quick to get marraried (1 year) but you know the situation there, and I also want us to buy a house&lot, that why we doing it all quick so we can both save a decent amount of cash.

There is no way we'll get a spouse visa by november, and i'm going back june/july, thats why i hoping for a tourist visa so she can come here, either back with me or after like 1-2 months to break up the long time i have to work fulltime for the get the proof i need.

If i have to work 6 months, that really long time to be away from each other.

since last April 2008, i have been there 3 times, for a total of 7 months, we met on a vaction i took with my family to visit my uncle.

joebloggs
2nd May 2009, 18:21
if you can stay at your parents house, it will save you money
you just need a full-time job :rolleyes:

maybe your parents could sponsor her visit visa?

it doesn't cost much :D and if your refused get wed :D

eljean
2nd May 2009, 18:37
well, i think you can only give it a try(who knows?):D