PDA

View Full Version : UK: Things I love; Let us count the ways

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 14:29
Dear Friends,

It seems that we always have lots of 'not so good' things to say regarding this country. From homesickness to weather. Much have been said and sometimes made us more depressed and missing more our beloved country...
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15585
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=13768

Now, let us make it different this time 'round. Let us be more positive.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Britons can contribute here too...

Guide phrases:
I love this country because...
What I learnt here...
What amazes me...
I have learnt to love UK...
I am happy because...

etc etc etc... (please add more, just about anything really!)

Let me start:

What I love about this country is the: WEATHER!! :D:rolleyes::Erm::D
It has 4 seasons:
Spring (You can see lots of animals hopping & running around - Drivers be careful not to bump into them; Flowers, vegetables & fruits are its best!) :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Summer (SUN, airconditioned SUN! No sweating excessively; Days are longer than nights; at 8PM Sun is still up and skies are bright; BBQ-ing with friends)
Autumn (orange, red & yellow leaves, how do they change colours?)
Winter (CHRISTMAS SEASON! snuggly and cozy drinking hot chocolate in a winter dark night sitting by the fireplace with the one you love :cwm38:)

_________

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
29th April 2009, 14:33
Ok.....:rolleyes:

I won't contribute to this one....:omg:

Ji&Ma
29th April 2009, 14:35
Spring (You can see lots of animals hopping & running around - Drivers be careful not to bump into them; Flowers, vegetables & fruits are its best!) :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mmmmm roadkill, yummy:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Credit crunch, you know... :omg:

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 14:45
oh men :bigcry::doh:Rasp::laugher: :D:D:D:D lolz...

Sophie
29th April 2009, 14:48
What i love from this country?
Aside from my husband who i love so much :) i guess what i love about here is the SAFETY. I'm saying this in comparison to manila. I find it safer to walk around here, not having to worry about someone popping out of nowhere to hold me up or someone grabbing my bag or any of my valuables. :)

Tawi2
29th April 2009, 14:50
UK cant be that bad,theres people who risk their lives to be smuggled here from around the world :yikes:

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 14:54
What i love from this country?
Aside from my husband who i love so much :) i guess what i love about here is the SAFETY. I'm saying this in comparison to manila. I find it safer to walk around here, not having to worry about someone popping out of nowhere to hold me up or someone grabbing my bag or any of my valuables. :)

Got a decent answer! Thanks Sophie!
___

Come on guys hehe BE POSITIVE!!! Help us help ourselves please lol...:D:D:D:D

Sophie
29th April 2009, 14:58
Another thing i like here is you don't have to give tips to the tradesman/workman, does this count zobel? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
The other day, we have a plumber over to fix our heating and i told my hubby, shouldn't we give him a tip? He said that they don't do that here. Whereas in the philippines, i feel the need to always give tips to our handyman, plumbers, delivery guys, etc.

bornatbirth
29th April 2009, 14:59
Ok.....:rolleyes:

I won't contribute to this one....:omg:

you must like chelski?

i like my wife here with me i couldnt care less about whatever else happens in the uk because everyday i think of her or with her the sun always shines!:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Tawi2
29th April 2009, 15:01
Bornatbirth,thats a fantastic answer,very nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 15:02
i like my wife here with me i couldnt care less about whatever else happens in the uk because everyday i think of her or with her the sun always shines!:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Aww that is so sweet!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for that!

Sophie
29th April 2009, 15:03
you must like chelski?

That's really sweet of you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Your wife is one lucky girl :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 15:04
Another thing i like here is you don't have to give tips to the tradesman/workman, does this count zobel? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
The other day, we have a plumber over to fix our heating and i told my hubby, shouldn't we give him a tip? He said that they don't do that here. Whereas in the philippines, i feel the need to always give tips to our handyman, plumbers, delivery guys, etc.

Yes!!! Saves us pennies!!! Credit crunch! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
29th April 2009, 18:03
I like being able to walk round my village and breathe the fresh air.
I like that our taxi drivers know where they`re going without being told.
I like that people dont spend all their :censored: time on their mobile phone cos they think its good when really they are rude and look like :censored: idiots.

I dont like listening to people come to my country of their own accord and **** it off when they are more than welcome to :censored: off back to their own :censored: country that they left....
Some people are so so so ungrateful for the opportunities they have.
I`m proud to be English and if everybody else leaves the country then good, i`ll have it all to myself :BouncyHappy:
Theres lots to be happy about it depends wether your the half full/half empty glass of person.

Ann07
29th April 2009, 18:05
I LOVE BEING HERE WITH MY FAMILY:D:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
29th April 2009, 18:10
Dear Friends,

It seems that we always have lots of 'not so good' things to say regarding this country. From homesickness to weather. Much have been said and sometimes made us more depressed and missing more our beloved country...
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=15585
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=13768

Now, let us make it different this time 'round. Let us be more positive.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Britons can contribute here too...

Guide phrases:
I love this country because...
What I learnt here...
What amazes me...
I have learnt to love UK...
I am happy because...

etc etc etc... (please add more, just about anything really!)

Let me start:

What I love about this country is the: WEATHER!! :D:rolleyes::Erm::D
It has 4 seasons:
Summer (SUN, airconditioned SUN! No sweating excessively; Days are longer than nights; at 8PM Sun is still up and skies are bright; BBQ-ing with friends)
Autumn (orange, red & yellow leaves, how do they change colours?)
Winter (CHRISTMAS SEASON! snuggly and cozy drinking hot chocolate in a winter dark night sitting by the fireplace with the one you love :cwm38:)

_________

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I love the food (LOL) :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Having a fresh air everyday, eventhough there is no sun.:D

Being with my husband :Hellooo: :D

eljean
29th April 2009, 18:17
I love everything here in UK except for the fact that i wish i could share it too to my Family back in PI:)

kimmi
29th April 2009, 18:18
things I LOVE in the UK...:Erm::Erm:

1. My HUSBAND, though sometimes he's a bit grumpy:omg::icon_lol::icon_lol:
( hope he's not reading:doh)

2. four seasons (winter, spring, summer or fall)

3. they speak what's on their mind

4. safe and clean surroundings (no pollution)

5. discipline

6. no traffics

7. VENISON and LAMB

8. nice views and scenery ( most especially in our place:xxgrinning-- 00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:)

9. Castles- king's and queens

10. Holiday Pay..:Erm::Erm::icon_lol::Rasp:

maria_and_matt
29th April 2009, 19:31
NHS! back home we have to pay for everything... no money you die... here its free and i am thankful for that. I do not have to worry if my son or husband needed something major done to them :)

NotYou
29th April 2009, 19:41
What's good about the UK?

I love this country because some people here have a sense of humour!

What I learnt here, tolerance and sense of history and culture out dating so many other places.

What amazes me is that English is a second language in some schools.

I have learnt to love UK because I can eat pork there.

I am happy because I am healthy.

(Surely I can move to "Respected" status now! hehehehe

Jay&Zobel
29th April 2009, 19:49
Ohhh how I love the British accent :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Famous poets, writers, novelists, playwright were born here... Shakespeare, Jane Austen, CS Lewis and a lot more...:cwm38::cwm38:

- - - - - - - - - -

I :cwm38: MR BEAN!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::D:D

NotYou
29th April 2009, 19:53
Mr Bean. I always get called that at least once in Manila. Can't think why.

Arthur Little
29th April 2009, 23:45
NHS! back home we have to pay for everything... no money you die... here its free and i am thankful for that. I do not have to worry if my son or husband needed something major done to them :)

I totally agree! Our NHS has been around in one form or another since my infancy and its introduction in 1948 is still regarded as being perhaps this country's biggest singular achievement. Where else in the world is one likely to find anything comparable with this venerable "free" [for the most part] public service? :Erm: Admittedly, over the intervening years there have been many (myself included) who've seen fit to curse unpopular cutbacks - not least the decision by Health Boards to introduce car parking charges for hospital visitors and staff alike - but, the knock-on effect of providing adequate healthcare for an increasingly ageing population has undoubtedly led to severe financial constraints, and the revenue must be recouped somehow ... :rolleyes:

pennybarry
30th April 2009, 06:50
I love here in RICH UK for my loving honey buney and lovely in-laws but never forget my dearest and nearest in POOR PHILIPPINES. I met some Filipinas in Holland and 2 of them never bother to see and visit Philippines anymore:doh

The countryside amazes me. I thought it was landscaped so I asked my hubby if British ancestors did it. He laugh and said it is not man made:D

I like the elderlies here same as in Pinas. They are really polite and they will always greet you around. :BouncyHappy:

I love the beauty of Scotland:xxgrinning--00xx3: That's why been there (Highlands) for almost 7 times.:Rasp:

I like England Posh accent:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't like the weather here, I love Philippines weather

I don't like the Parliament here when they are having their debate. My hair stands!!! Kinikilabutan po ako:bigcry:

I learnt here that money doesn't grows on trees:icon_lol: Life is not a bed of Roses, many people in debt:Cuckoo:

I am happy because, hubby paid his debt and not struggling anymore. I am happy too I live with cash no credit card as I don't like to be in debt. I am happy we're still togeter after 5 years and running for 6 years in poorer and in richer:D I'm happy because Hubby and in-laws are always :cwm12:there:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

rusty
30th April 2009, 12:04
Childrens television, especally CBeebies. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
30th April 2009, 12:29
Some people are so so so ungrateful for the opportunities they have.
I`m proud to be English and if everybody else leaves the country then good, i`ll have it all to myself :BouncyHappy:
Theres lots to be happy about it depends wether your the half full/half empty glass of person.
True true true

I LOVE BEING HERE WITH MY FAMILY

I love the food (LOL)

Oh yes, the FOOOOODDDD!!!
Roast dinners, shepherd's/cottage pies, fish & chips, pasties, delis and all!!!

There's just something about English/British food

I love everything here in UK except for the fact that i wish i could share it too to my Family back in PI:)

How we wish we could share things with them... I pray :)

things I LOVE in the UK...:Erm::Erm:
1. My HUSBAND - NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
3. they speak what's on their mind - YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ MINDS!!! HEHEHE!! THEY ARE PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD. THE ANSWER YOU WILL BE GETTING IS A DEFINITE YES OR NO ONLY HEHEHE, WALANG PAKIPOT AND KUNYARI AYAW PERO GUSTO HEHEHE - We'll I am still like this hehe, pakipot hehe...
4. safe and clean surroundings (no pollution) - VERY ORGANIZED, WEEKLY RUBBISH COLLECTIONS: ORANGE RECYLING BOX IS JUST BRILLIANT!!! I HAVENT SEEN ANY COCKROACHES, RATS/MICE, FLIES, ANTS AND ASONG KALYE HEHE :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
5. discipline THEY KNOW WHERE THE PUBLIC TOILETS ARE LOL...
6. no traffics THEY KNOW HOW TO USE TRAFFIC LIGHTS!!! NOT OVERTAKING ON CURVES :xxgrinning--00xx3:
8. nice views and scenery ( most especially in our place:xxgrinning-- 00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: COUNTRSIDE IS ACE
9. Castles- king's and queens - SIRS & MADAMES, LORDS & LADIES
10. Holiday Pay..:Erm::Erm::icon_lol::Rasp:- OH SO YES!!!, SICK PAY, MATERNITY PAY, BANK HOLIDAYS!!!

NHS!!!! BRILLIANT!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

What I learnt here, tolerance and sense of history and culture out dating so many other places.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: HEHEHE... U NEED TO POST MORE TO EARN THAT HEHEHE...

I totally agree! Our NHS has been around in one form or another since my infancy and its introduction in 1948 is still regarded as being perhaps this country's biggest singular achievement. Where else in the world is one likely to find anything comparable with this venerable "free" [for the most part] public service? :Erm: :rolleyes:

In the US you need to have a Health Care Plan (not free).
In PI if you want a private doctor and a private room you need to have lots of disposable cash to pay out. Yes there is the PhilHealth & SSS but some are only being benefited by these if they are properly employed or have properly filed as members to claim their benefits...

.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I also like people in the UK for being so thoughtful, sending or giving greeting cards, People are are more considerate. - FANTASTIC! GREETING CARDS AND CASH GIFTS HEHEHEHE :icon_lol::icon_lol: HOW THOUGHTFUL IS THAT?
Quiet environment. Well organized housing estate. - QUIET, VERY QUIET, NO TAMBAYS (BYSTANDERS), NO TSISMOSANG KAPITBAHAY! (NOSEY NEIGHBOURS)
Self-service check out. - YOU LEARN HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF!!! I REALLY LIKE THIS BECAUSE THERE IS THIS SENSE OF EQUALITY AND RESPECT. NO SLAVES, NO MAIDS ETC...
Ikea hehehehe - GREAT BARGAINS!!!
And most of all my loving and handsome Sweetheart.:) :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

The countryside amazes me. I thought it was landscaped so I asked my hubby if British ancestors did it. He laugh and said it is not man made:D - DEFINETELY NOT A MAN MADE!!! AMAZING RIGHT?!!!

I like the elderlies here same as in Pinas. They are really polite and they will always greet you around. :BouncyHappy: INDEED!!!

I learnt here that money doesn't grows on trees:icon_lol: Life is not a bed of Roses, many people in debt:Cuckoo: -WORK SAVE WORK SAVE & WORK SAVE. JUST BEING SENSIBLE...

:cwm12:there:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
BRILLIANT!!! TA!!!

katie37pinayuk
5th May 2009, 00:40
I love this country because...i found true love here
i learnt how to work hard...harder...and hardest :D hehe, also im good with doing household chores now plus to cook :omg:
What amazes me...are the honesty, openness, and simplicity of the most of the british people i met :)
I have learnt to love UK...as i have built a new life here
I am happy because...i am with my beloved in the UK

also....i do not see job adverts like:
requirements for the job - not more than 25 y/o, single, with pleasing personality...etc.

as i feel more empowered and liberated in this country. less discrimination as i find Philippines (my own country though) to be more discriminating.

i enjoy life more here.

sunshine
5th May 2009, 07:31
i learnt how to work hard...harder...and hardest :D hehe, also im good with doing household chores now plus to cook :omg:
What amazes me...are the honesty, openness, and simplicity of the most of the british people i met :)

requirements for the job - not more than 25 y/o, single, with pleasing personality...etc.
as i feel more empowered and liberated in this country. less discrimination as i find Philippines (my own country though) to be more discriminating.

i enjoy life more here.

Hello nice to know that u learn to love the UK, what about the weather?:cwm12: like it when people points out the positive side of the uk too.

I so agree with the discrimination in our own country Phili esp the job adverts i really hate it coz im over 25 yrs old :Cuckoo:

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 11:41

i enjoy life more here.

Same same! I'm surprised too, I enjoyed housework, cooking and working here...
With regards to work & employment, age isn't a requirement as long as you are fit for the job...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

PARKING BAYS are superb too: DISABLED & PARENT & CHILD PARKING:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

katie37pinayuk
8th May 2009, 11:14
Hello nice to know that u learn to love the UK, what about the weather?:cwm12: like it when people points out the positive side of the uk too.

I so agree with the discrimination in our own country Phili esp the job adverts i really hate it coz im over 25 yrs old :Cuckoo:

you will get used to the weather - just wrap yourself up then if its cold and chilly. on my first 3 months, every single day i wanted to go home to the sunny Philippines

i feel you can do more here. in our country, it's like ageing is always seen as a setback.. when i had my interview for my current post, i was not even asked about my age, marital status, religion or where i am from - but they focus more on what i can contribute to the company. but back home when i was on my early 20's, when being interviewed - first thing they care about is your appearance and more on my personal life... and if you have wrinkles...you are out :NoNo:

not just the age - some of us discriminate more with the colour of the skin...if light, you are the one. and we criticise more with the way people talk that we have to speak and pronouce perfect english ...here as long you send the message across it is fine hehe

and some are boastful and proud, envious and jealous - if neighbour has a brand new model of the car or if a friend has bought a new house or...i can just go on and on...

i meant not to offend anyone, it is just my thoughts. i love the honesty and simplicity of the people i met here...Filipino? :rolleyes: more complicated

OTHERWISE, i still look forward to coming back to my beloved homeland :ARsurrender:

katie37pinayuk
8th May 2009, 11:17
Same same! I'm surprised too, I enjoyed housework, cooking and working here...
With regards to work & employment, age isn't a requirement as long as you are fit for the job...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

PARKING BAYS are superb too: DISABLED & PARENT & CHILD PARKING:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2009, 13:18
I quote because wanted to appreciate how sweet you are to your wife

What's good about the UK?
At last you didnt say something against your wife :action-smiley-081:

Hi yah Guys,you said it all:rolleyes: just amazed of the drivers,so polite on the road,

fronda
8th May 2009, 13:34
I love this country because.....:cwm38:

I am given opportunity to improve myself ( attending trainings & currently doin online computing course)

Everyone has food on the table

Transport is good, dont have to wait for the bus to be full; not much traffic

Drivers are well disciplined, I guess they dont want to earn points in their license

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 13:37
For sure the UK isnt perfect,but you know what?I am always glad I have the passport tucked in my back pocket(though I did used to prefer the blue ones) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

islander
8th May 2009, 17:06
there are a lot of things that i love in this country such as:

- the nice greenery and fresh air which is the first thing that i've noticed
- people are well disciplined when driving on roads, thus there's no traffic
- the way employers treat applicants & employees, there's no discrimination in terms of age, sex, appearance, race & religion
- the way shops/stores implements customer service/ customer satisfaction
- the internet speed :omg::omg::omg:
- the food, too many to mention, :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

and many many more....

Gavanddal
8th May 2009, 17:38
Swiss chocolate
French wine and cheese
German beer

A British passport that lets me leave whenever I want

sunshine
8th May 2009, 18:23
there are a lot of things that i love in this country such as:

- the nice greenery and fresh air which is the first thing that i've noticed
- people are well disciplined when driving on roads, thus there's no traffic
- the way employers treat applicants & employees, there's no discrimination in terms of age, sex, appearance, race & religion
- the way shops/stores implements customer service/ customer satisfaction
- the internet speed :omg::omg::omg:
- the food, too many to mention, :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

and many many more....

:BouncyHappy:Wow this makes me more excited to visit UK to be with my sexy dong:D

My sexy dong keeps saying to me i'l be amazed with their internet speed coz here in Phils :bigcry:its sooooooooo slow:Brick:

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 18:35
Sunshine,the term "Sexy Dong" has strange connotations in this country,totally different to its visayan meaning :ARsurrender:

sunshine
8th May 2009, 18:39
Sunshine,the term "Sexy Dong" has strange connotations in this country,totally different to its visayan meaning :ARsurrender:

:yikes: what i meant my Sexy dong is "sexy fiance":D

Tawi2
8th May 2009, 18:51
Makasabot ko nimo,but some who dont might get the wrong idea :yikes::icon_lol:

pennybarry
9th May 2009, 08:16
Hi yah Guys,you said it all:rolleyes: just amazed of the drivers,so polite on the road,

Not all drivers amaze me friend. Yesterday we went to Newcastle, I saw one driver overtook from other car. Then the other driver was angry. They show each other bad sign language. ...... of* and wan**r.

Swiss chocolate
French wine and cheese
German beer

A British passport that lets me leave whenever I want

Belgian chocolates:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
British Passport:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
9th May 2009, 13:51
Not all drivers amaze me friend. Yesterday we went to Newcastle, I saw one driver overtook from other car. Then the other driver was angry. They show each other bad sign language. ...... of* and wan**r.
:yikes:Newcastle :rolleyes:;)B)

Never seen so far,maybe in the long run,

islander
9th May 2009, 15:43
:BouncyHappy:Wow this makes me more excited to visit UK to be with my sexy dong:D

My sexy dong keeps saying to me i'l be amazed with their internet speed coz here in Phils :bigcry:its sooooooooo slow:Brick:

yes, you'll be shocked with its internet speed also...

the first time i used my hubby's pc, what made me shocked was when i tried typing a specific website & clicked enter & then when i looked up at the monitor, the website has opened already, I'M SOOOOOO AMAZED WITH IT!!! :omg::omg::omg:

I'm sure you will notice it also once you're here....

pennybarry
10th May 2009, 08:52
yes, you'll be shocked with its internet speed also...

the first time i used my hubby's pc, what made me shocked was when i tried typing a specific website & clicked enter & then when i looked up at the monitor, the website has opened already, I'M SOOOOOO AMAZED WITH IT!!! :omg::omg::omg:

I'm sure you will notice it also once you're here....

I used PLDT SMallbiz at my shop before and it was really fast:xxgrinning--00xx3:. But it cost 7 times higher than residential broadband. We have some fast broadband but really expensive. It's only use for business like.:D

sunshine
10th May 2009, 09:43
I used PLDT SMallbiz at my shop before and it was really fast:xxgrinning--00xx3:. But it cost 7 times higher than residential broadband. We have some fast broadband but really expensive. It's only use for business like.:D

I'm using DSL and my ISP offers higher speed but its not worth it:NoNo:

The highest speed is only 2Meg and it cost Php12,000 monthly:yikes::yikes:

My fiance said f**kin h*ll :omg::yikes:

Tawi2
10th May 2009, 09:49
Penny,I am originally from the north-east "...... off" and "Wa**ker" is normal language for drivers in Newcastle,I am surprised you didnt see a small friendly skirmish with a few punches thrown :icon_lol:

Tawi2
10th May 2009, 09:51
I am just surprised you understand their accent,most pinays tell me lots of accents in UK are slang sounding,wait till you go to North Shields :icon_lol: They sound like they are from a different planet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
10th May 2009, 10:11
Penny,I am originally from the north-east "...... off" and "Wa**ker" is normal language for drivers in Newcastle,I am surprised you didnt see a small friendly skirmish with a few punches thrown :icon_lol:

I think so ahahaha:D It was traffic there and seems that 2 men cannot give way as they were both in a hurry:D

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2009, 10:13
Penny,I am originally from the north-east "...... off" and "Wa**ker" is normal language for drivers in Newcastle

:yikes::yikes: normal !! bloody H***:icon_lol:
I have friend long agoooo from New Castle, I wonder if its common word for him:Rasp:

Tawi2
10th May 2009, 10:15
Yup,get yourself a geordie dictionary "W**ker" and "...... off" are terms of endearment up there :icon_lol:

adam&chryss
10th May 2009, 11:09
Think its normal language everywhere isnt it?
I know down here in sunny suffolk we always swear, unless we have the kids in the car of course......
In fact the place i`ve heard the least amount of road rage type things is when I used to be a delivery driver and went to London every day.
Its like the norm there so no-one bothers to get upset.

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2009, 11:12
Yup,get yourself a geordie dictionary "W**ker" and "...... off" are terms of endearment up there :icon_lol:

I watched somewhere in TV,they call it....northern m....y I dont want to mention the word huhuh,because its mean..:CompBuster: