PDA

View Full Version : At UK, what awaits, what challenges to hurdle?

eagles
28th April 2009, 15:37
these thoughts cropped up as i am getting ready for documents to support an eventual fiancee visa application. What life awaits for me there, not simply being a wife?

KeithD
28th April 2009, 15:47
This is a rant? :Erm:

What awaits? Probably an empty country, we're all leaving! :icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
28th April 2009, 16:27
expensive banana and stuff :bigcry:

singkwenta pesos na kapiranggot na ilang hiblang sitaw na putol putol .....huwaaahhhhh:bigcry:

missus just transfer it your hubby,nice to say it in tagalog eh!!:rolleyes:

IainBusby
28th April 2009, 16:31
these thoughts cropped up as i am getting ready for documents to support an eventual fiancee visa application. What life awaits for me there, not simply being a wife?

I'm sure you'll be very disappointed when you get here. Most Filipinos think it's going to be fantastic because they think this is such a rich country. They they see all of these rich westerners in Phils, going through what most Filipinos would regard as huge sums of money in a few weeks while they're on holiday there.

But the truth is were all quite skint here in the UK, apart from maybe the top 10% of earners, because everything is so expensive in the UK and we only feel rich when we're in Phils, where you can get a good meal for P150, a san mig for less than P40 and a pack of cigs for about the same.

Iain.

KeithD
28th April 2009, 17:17
But the truth is were all quite skint here in the UK, .
The word is 90%+ of the population is bankrupted, and now has to spend 10-20 years paying off the governments debt.....rich my :censored: :action-smiley-081:

kimmi
28th April 2009, 18:15

the only thing that I can say is Don't expect too much..:Erm::doh:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ANDRES25
28th April 2009, 18:25
Kimmi is right, don't expect too much!!! Life here isn't a bed of roses. You'll find out for yourself when you get here. It's so boring here specially if you don't have a job like me... Oh sorry here I am again, whining of being unemployed...

maria_and_matt
28th April 2009, 18:36
cheer up you guys summer is coming! :icon_lol:

IainBusby
28th April 2009, 18:43
The word is 90%+ of the population is bankrupted, and now has to spend 10-20 years paying off the governments debt.....rich my :censored: :action-smiley-081:

Going way off thread, I blame most of our lack of wealth (Mr Average) on the the Thatcher years. According to her master plan nothing should be subsidised and nothing should be owned or run by the state. This resulted in the basics of life, water, gas, electric etc being privatised, with the private companies being given a guarantee that they would be allowed to hike up prices by 5% above the rate of inflation year after year.

As a result, those on modest incomes found that more and more of their desposable incomes was used up just on utility bills and food. I think she did do some good things like taming the trade unions which made the UK far more competitive, but overall her government stuck rigidly to their "free market" dogma where nothing was judged to have any value to the people or the nation as a whole, if it wasn't paying it's way without government subsidy.

Thats the main reason I say were all skint in this country is that the amount of disposable income Mr Average has left over after he has paid for the essentials is far less than it was in the 70's in real terms, whilst the rich, those who could afford to spend thousands of pounds on those privatisation shares, have become even richer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Gordon Brown or new labour either, we just swapped one dogma for another when labour came to power. The trouble is, now it looks like we'll get the other lot back in again in about a year or so, with their propensity to look after "our" people as Thatcher used to call them, the die-hard core of Conservative supporters, instead of the nation as a whole.

Iain.

KeithD
28th April 2009, 20:33
Going way off thread, I blame most of our lack of wealth (Mr Average) on the the Thatcher years.
The Yanks are now blaming the foundations of their downfall on Reagan :icon_lol:

Blame the dead and infirm :rolleyes:

Jay&Zobel
28th April 2009, 21:31
I'm sure you'll be very disappointed when you get here. Most Filipinos think it's going to be fantastic because they think this is such a rich country. They they see all of these rich westerners in Phils, going through what most Filipinos would regard as huge sums of money in a few weeks while they're on holiday there.

But the truth is were all quite skint here in the UK, apart from maybe the top 10% of earners, because everything is so expensive in the UK and we only feel rich when we're in Phils, where you can get a good meal for P150, a san mig for less than P40 and a pack of cigs for about the same.

Iain.

the only thing that I can say is Don't expect too much..:Erm::doh:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Kimmi is right, don't expect too much!!! Life here isn't a bed of roses. You'll find out for yourself when you get here. It's so boring here specially if you don't have a job like me... Oh sorry here I am again, whining of being unemployed...

Going way off thread, I blame most of our lack of wealth (Mr Average) on the the Thatcher years. According to her master plan nothing should be subsidised and nothing should be owned or run by the state. This resulted in the basics of life, water, gas, electric etc being privatised, with the private companies being given a guarantee that they would be allowed to hike up prices by 5% above the rate of inflation year after year.

As a result, those on modest incomes found that more and more of their desposable incomes was used up just on utility bills and food. I think she did do some good things like taming the trade unions which made the UK far more competitive, but overall her government stuck rigidly to their "free market" dogma where nothing was judged to have any value to the people or the nation as a whole, if it wasn't paying it's way without government subsidy.

Thats the main reason I say were all skint in this country is that the amount of disposable income Mr Average has left over after he has paid for the essentials is far less than it was in the 70's in real terms, whilst the rich, those who could afford to spend thousands of pounds on those privatisation shares, have become even richer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Gordon Brown or new labour either, we just swapped one dogma for another when labour came to power. The trouble is, now it looks like we'll get the other lot back in again in about a year or so, with their propensity to look after "our" people as Thatcher used to call them, the die-hard core of Conservative supporters, instead of the nation as a whole.

Iain.

Listen to them... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

But... it's not that bad here in the UK... lol :Erm: :Erm::Erm::D:D:D

Sophie
28th April 2009, 21:49

Simply put, you must forget first what you know from the philippines and open your mind to learning and adapting the UK WAY and how everything is done here. The sooner you accept change, the easier will it be for you to adjust here. Just be flexible and open minded for new things and most importantly, have the right attitude all the time. It makes a lot of difference no matter where you are and no matter how tough the challenges you may face. :) And don't worry too much and get so anxious about what awaits for you here, it's not so bad. Just learn to embrace the good and ignore the bad.:)

estherboaz
28th April 2009, 22:16
i agree...

IainBusby
29th April 2009, 08:32
The Yanks are now blaming the foundations of their downfall on Reagan :icon_lol:

Blame the dead and infirm :rolleyes:

Well policy wise Reagan and Thatcher were very much the same.

IainBusby
29th April 2009, 08:39

As long as you're coming here for the right reasons, ie to be a wife and partner to your husband and not as an OFW who just happens to have a ring on her finger and a visa, then I'm sure you'll be OK...... and as long as your family back home understands the difference between a wife and an OFW as well.

Iain.

bornatbirth
29th April 2009, 12:28
its not so bad here!

as long as you have a loving husband to look after you im sure you be ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you maybe surprised how much you will like it here?

just take your time to get over the jet lag and adjust to your new surrounding,im sure you will manage just fine!

KeithD
29th April 2009, 12:34
its not so bad here!
Not when your looking at it from Las Vegas! :icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
29th April 2009, 12:38
its not so bad here!

as long as you have a loving husband to look after you im sure you be ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you maybe surprised how much you will like it here?

just take your time to get over the jet lag and adjust to your new surrounding,im sure you will manage just fine!

Fair comment,at least you didnt scared her:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
29th April 2009, 12:46
Not when your looking at it from Las Vegas! :icon_lol:

when ever i think of vegas all i see is CSI and its such a seedy boring place and full of americans too :icon_lol:

Fair comment,at least you didnt scared her:icon_lol:

yep shes already getting nervous and some of the above posters are making it worse :NoNo: when life isnt so bad! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eagles
29th April 2009, 14:20
thanks for the advices, much of my learnings about UK is from this forum (when i browsed as guest) I am coming there to be with my beloved as what we have planned years ago except that my work in phils tied me up. Hopefully, i can have all docs ready before the end of this year. Thanks a lot and may & rest of the forum member continue to give advices

Sophie
29th April 2009, 14:27
thanks for the advices, much of my learnings about UK is from this forum (when i browsed as guest) I am coming there to be with my beloved as what we have planned years ago except that my work in phils tied me up. Hopefully, i can have all docs ready before the end of this year. Thanks a lot and may & rest of the forum member continue to give advices

All the best on your application and your coming here to join your beloved :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th April 2009, 15:41
.... my work in phils tied me up.
I hope that's the only thing that tied you up we don't tolerate those sort of games in this country :rolleyes:

keithAngel
29th April 2009, 16:40
What you will love is Car-Boots and Flea Markets oh and Tat shops:icon_lol:

adam&chryss
29th April 2009, 17:50
Yeah its very boring here.....
You can drink the tap water and not get ill.....
Unless you live in a city like London you can also walk and breathe fresh air, and nowhere, nowhere is like Manila or other Phil cities/towns for smell /pollution.
There arn`t many malls here cos we arn`t yanks and walking round all day NOT buying anything apart from a 50peso drink ISNT fun !!
Come here and learn that the whole world isnt asian or american, work hard, enjoy yourself and improve yourself.
Remember, your coming here of your own choice and arn`t forced to so moaning doesnt shine brigthly upon you.
And yes, it rains here but i`ve never been to Phil and not had rain. Heavy rain.
Oh, no typhoons here either, more boringness then!
Good luck with your application but please have an open mind when you come here and don`t moan like so many people do. :NoNo:

eagles
1st May 2009, 07:07
this forum helped a lot.Cheers!

leahneilcheeka
1st May 2009, 08:27
some of the things that i dislike in here is i'm paying too much tax ( about £300-400/mo) that i'm not even entitled to any of them...despite working fulltime and paying everything the government asked i could be sent home if my employer decides i'm no longer needed for the job...too much council tax... everything is expensive... just got my p60 paid £3172 to the taxman and i bet you he wont give me even a penny back!!!

leahneilcheeka
1st May 2009, 08:29
As long as you're coming here for the right reasons, ie to be a wife and partner to your husband and not as an OFW who just happens to have a ring on her finger and a visa, then I'm sure you'll be OK...... and as long as your family back home understands the difference between a wife and an OFW as well.

Iain.

sorry... could i just ask what's wrong with being an OFW????

pennybarry
1st May 2009, 08:49

I agree:D Feeling rich lang kami lol!!!

If there's store in your area, like Spar/chinese food shop, try to ask them vacancy even tindera. Don't be shy, really hard to find a proper job.

Mrs.JMajor
1st May 2009, 14:08

Nothing wrong on there,He is just saying OFW and a married filipina/Fiancee is difference..is it?:Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
1st May 2009, 14:09
I agree:D Feeling rich lang kami lol!!!

:rolleyes::icon_lol:

If there's store in your area, like Spar/chinese food shop, try to ask them vacancy even tindera. Don't be shy, really hard to find a proper job.

:action-smiley-081::cwm24:

IainBusby
3rd May 2009, 12:11

Iain.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being an OFW or coming to the UK as an OFW, but it's very different thing from being the wife of a UK citizen who's main purpose in coming to the UK should be to start a new life and build a family here with her husband, unlike an OFW who's main purpose in coming to the UK is to work and to send money home to her family in the Philippines.

Iain.

eagles
3rd May 2009, 14:17
Right Ian, I agree with you. My primary purpose in going to Uk is to build a family that me and my bf wanted , but of course i would not want to be a burden to him. Maybe home based small business well do good for me ( as i have read in some post here)

trader dave
4th May 2009, 00:39
:NoNo:your coming here first and foremost to be a good wife to your husband and to build your relationship :xxgrinning--00xx3: thats all that matters :xxgrinning--00xx3: forget how us british are always moaning and bitching about something in OUR country we still do that even if we are in the philippines:icon_lol::icon_lol: the fact is we have a a beutifull country the problem is some of the people in it:action-smiley-081: english and foregners and the crap that our governments come out with ,high taxes ect i could go on :Erm:at the end of the day there are worse countries to live in than the uk :Erm::Erm: but saying that i still think this place has gone to the dogs :furious3: and i am off to the philippines in a few years will i still be moaning you bet i will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A MOANING OLD GIT :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Florge
4th May 2009, 03:41
Yeah its very boring here.....
You can drink the tap water and not get ill.....
Unless you live in a city like London you can also walk and breathe fresh air, and nowhere, nowhere is like Manila or other Phil cities/towns for smell /pollution.
There arn`t many malls here cos we arn`t yanks and walking round all day NOT buying anything apart from a 50peso drink ISNT fun !!
Come here and learn that the whole world isnt asian or american, work hard, enjoy yourself and improve yourself.
Remember, your coming here of your own choice and arn`t forced to so moaning doesnt shine brigthly upon you.
And yes, it rains here but i`ve never been to Phil and not had rain. Heavy rain.
Oh, no typhoons here either, more boringness then!
Good luck with your application but please have an open mind when you come here and don`t moan like so many people do. :NoNo:

Well, if you are in Davao you can drink water from the tap and not get ill... and there's plenty of fresh air and there isn't much heavy traffic there too.. and Davao doesn't get typhoons either... sorry.. the Dabawenya in me is at the loose again... LOL :rolleyes:

eagles
4th May 2009, 09:24
right florge,:xxgrinning--00xx3: am working here in davao, still the best place to be (among the cities in the phils)... As of today Robinsons opened at lanang and Ayala is also constructing a mall infront of Redemptorist church.. SM plans to have another mall at the north of davao..:BouncyHappy::ARsurrender:

keithAngel
4th May 2009, 10:09
right florge,:xxgrinning--00xx3: am working here in davao, still the best place to be (among the cities in the phils)... As of today Robinsons opened at lanang and Ayala is also constructing a mall infront of Redemptorist church.. SM plans to have another mall at the north of davao..:BouncyHappy::ARsurrender:

From my perspective more malls are not really a indication of progress Wider pavements and a vibrant and diverse retail industry in local niehbourhoods as opposed to sari-sari,pawnshop, internet cafe karendaria repeat ad infinitum would create far more wealth in the local communities

The malls simply keep all the money OUT of the local community and make the rich richer whilst keeping prices high because of the overheads and wages low:xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
4th May 2009, 10:13
Well, if you are in Davao you can drink water from the tap and not get ill... and there's plenty of fresh air and there isn't much heavy traffic there too.. and Davao doesn't get typhoons either... sorry.. the Dabawenya in me is at the loose again... LOL :rolleyes:

Good for Davao :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hopefully if there you can avoid potential death squads and bombs?
I beleive some of the extremists have bombed there?
Maybe thats a different Davao?

Florge
4th May 2009, 10:38

Yeah, I know. Born and raised in Davao but working here in Manila. Don't worry so much so.. you can cope.. Pinoys are flexible... I'll let you know what happens when I get to UK... hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
4th May 2009, 10:41
Good for Davao :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hopefully if there you can avoid potential death squads and bombs?
I beleive some of the extremists have bombed there?
Maybe thats a different Davao?

No bombs there adam&chryss...you might be referring to the provinces of Davao City, which are Davao del Norte, del Sur and Oriental... very far from the city... the squads and bombs you may have heard/read/watched are very far from Davao City... have you been to Davao?

adam&chryss
4th May 2009, 11:20
Nope never been there. I was always told not to go too far south cos of troubles with terrorists.
It sounds like a nice place but my point on this thread was that here in Uk you can drink the water anywhere, not just in a few places.
Also regarding the Typhoons, again good for Davao that it doesn`t experience them but lots of places do whereas nowhere here does.
Good that it doesn`t have much traffic too cos everywhere else i`d been in Phil had jeepneys and 2-stroke bikes that billowed out smoke.
In fact I wonder why more of you don`t live there?
I`m sure it`d be easier to travel there from anywhere else in Phil rather than pay for a visa to come to UK.
Knocking up another mall will only increase traffic and fumes and turn Davao into just another city but I guess money talks.
Also there havnt been any bombs in cities here since 7/7, or in the areas surrounding them so its safe.
So, just to clarify, when you get here you can live anywhere and be mostly safe apart from some city areas, drink tap water everywhere, avoid extreme weather and hopefully work too!
Yes it rains here and windy too but thats what you get with an island.
Also theres taxes but if or when you get here you didnt come for the sun did you?
You come to work and earn money and that chance you will get.

Pepe n Pilar
4th May 2009, 11:27
Right Ian, I agree with you. My primary purpose in going to Uk is to build a family that me and my bf wanted , but of course i would not want to be a burden to him. Maybe home based small business well do good for me ( as i have read in some post here)

Hi Eagles,
Everyone who comes to the UK on a spouse or fiancee visa has the same purpose, don't they? And nobody wants to be a burden to the husband as that should be the case.

Anywhere we go there are advantages and disadvantates so it just depend on the person on how she will cope up on the given situation.

Some had immediately looked for a job for some reasons and some just not that keen in working until they find what they're looking for. It's not because they don't need money:REGamblMoney01HL1: or some refer to them as lazy and/or choosy:NoNo: but there maybe some reasons for them. Perhaps it's just fine with the husband, financially doing well or they have agreed on something. Unlike some husbands complain wife is not looking for a job:Brick: because he is not aware of what she wanted:bigcry:. Just be honest and be an open minded person:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Having a small home based business is good but just be careful for some are bogus:omg::NoNo:. I have tried it also.:)

Don't expect too much when you come over. You'll just discover things as they come along. Aside from beautiful historical sites, unpolluted air, clean and quiet surroundings, friendly people, no traffic jams, drink water from the tap, unpredictable weather:doh, no typhoons, no heavy rains (well very seldom) people are calm (i seldom see and hear people shouting aside from teenagers in the town centers during weekends), people give way when there's a narrow path along the way, cars stops when they see you waiting in the pedestrian lane to cross the street, etc etc.:)

there are unexpected things... i will let you discover them:Erm:, just one thing NO housemaid ...:D:NoNo:. You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have stay-in househelpers ......:doh

Cheers!:Hellooo:

Florge
4th May 2009, 11:48
Hi Eagles,
You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have househelpers ......:doh

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

trader dave
4th May 2009, 16:29
going a little off thread but dont worry about going to mindanao there is only very small pockets of troubled area :NoNo: as for living with the threat of terrorism we have lived like that for years in the uk:Erm::Erm:

Jay&Zobel
4th May 2009, 21:40
just one thing NO housemaid ...:D:NoNo:. You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have stay-in househelpers ......:doh

:D:D Hehehe very true my lovey! you need to do some trainings now hehe...:D:icon_lol::D

Sophie
4th May 2009, 22:13

Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house :icon_lol:(bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When he gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Jay&Zobel
4th May 2009, 22:31
Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house :icon_lol:(bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

I agree with Sophie :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Unlike in the PI, mostly women are "expected" to do almost all the household chores (part of our practices, customs & traditions) but here it is totally different (depending on your partner :Erm::D:omg:)... Things are more shared here, so you got nothing to worry :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
5th May 2009, 08:41
Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house :icon_lol:(bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When he gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Well, I have to agree with you... I do not mind doing the cleaning... fiance agreed that he'll do the laundry and ironing as I hate doing that... but then... he doesn't want me to move things in his house.. i.e. the furniture... my gosh.. what if I don't like how it is arranged? we had a pretty good argument on this last night though... LOL :rolleyes::Rasp:

bornatbirth
5th May 2009, 10:53
Well, I have to agree with you... I do not mind doing the cleaning... fiance agreed that he'll do the laundry and ironing as I hate doing that... but then... he doesn't want me to move things in his house.. i.e. the furniture... my gosh.. what if I don't like how it is arranged? we had a pretty good argument on this last night though... LOL :rolleyes::Rasp:

i have learnt since my wife as got here not to argue with her? as it only gets her mad and she doesnt talk to me for a while and she can keep it up for longer than me!

even though shes very helpful with the diy,when it comes to wanting stuff and rearranging the house its her way or no way :bigcry: :ARsurrender:

and she leant to compromise ie when we argue she doesnt give in until she gets what she wants :icon_lol: mainly because i get tired of arguing and give in?

but i still love her ever so much :cwm38: :)

Sophie
5th May 2009, 11:32

I agree, cleaning is not so bad (with vacuum's hlep :D) and the laundry is also easy as you just chuck it all in the washing machine. But the ironing, oh well, i hate it as much as you do :NoNo:. My hubby will have to do it himself or he goes to work with crumpled clothes. :icon_lol::icon_lol: But about arranging the house, i guess you have to take charge coz when it comes to interior designing and house beautification, women know best :xxgrinning--00xx3: I guess we have the natural talent for that :)
You know i was laughing when you said you already argued about those stuff last night coz it just reminded me of how me and my hubby argued back then about where will the baby sleep:doh:icon_lol: , and we're not even married yet at that time :doh and i'm still in manila back then :doh:icon_lol:. But we settled it as early as then, we agreed to meet halfway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 11:51
i have learnt since my wife as got here not to argue with her? as it only gets her mad and she doesnt talk to me for a while and she can keep it up for longer than me!
even though shes very helpful with the diy,when it comes to wanting stuff and rearranging the house its her way or no way :bigcry: :ARsurrender:

and she leant to compromise ie when we argue she doesnt give in until she gets what she wants :icon_lol: mainly because i get tired of arguing and give in?

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
VERY GOOD HUSBAND!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

For me:
It's my way or the highway hahaha... :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Sophie
5th May 2009, 11:55
VERY GOOD HUSBAND!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

For me:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol: As for me, ITS EITHER MY WAY OR YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
5th May 2009, 12:35

As to the furniture arrangement and interior designing i am the one to decide. He already has told me even when i was still back home. He gets my opinion before deciding for any changes to be made and what to remove and add to the furnishings. I still ask his views if it passes his criterias but as he said it's my home and i can do whatever i want:D..... Doing laundry is not a big deal just stick them all to the washing machine...separate whites from the colored ones bec when i got here i noticed the whites turned into pink :doh.:Brick:

For me:

Good one Zobel!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol: As for me, ITS EITHER MY WAY OR YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

For me, NO WAY.....it's my way!!! .....:D:icon_lol::Rasp::Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
5th May 2009, 12:45
her way or no way :bigcry: :ARsurrender:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

For me:

For me, NO WAY.....it's my way!!! .....:D:icon_lol::Rasp::Hellooo:

Any other ways? lol:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

Sophie
5th May 2009, 12:55
As to the furniture arrangement and interior designing i am the one to decide. He already has told me even when i was still back home. He gets my opinion before deciding for any changes to be made and what to remove and add to the furnishings. I still ask his views if it passes his criterias but as he said it's my home and i can do whatever i want:D..... Doing laundry is not a big deal just stick them all to the washing machine...separate whites from the colored ones bec when i got here i noticed the whites turned into pink

i agree :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Tawi2
5th May 2009, 17:02

Eagles,they opened the SM?I saw the site last month when I passed going to Damosa :xxgrinning--00xx3: Your right,I have been to quite a number of Pinoy cities,Davao is the only one I would think of settling in,and its also true I didnt get LBM when drinking the water :action-smiley-081::omg:

adam&chryss
5th May 2009, 19:06
Are you saying Filipino men don`t help out with the chores?
I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
5th May 2009, 23:44
Are you saying Filipino men don`t help out with the chores?
I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think it's more of a culture thing in the philippines. Men are not used to doing chores in the house, it's a woman's job. Men work, women stay in the house to take care of the chores and the kids. But since it's more modern now, women work too, but still they are expected to do the chores in the house :doh:NoNo:(talking about multitasking), so if both the husband and wife are working, they would just hire some help to do some of the household stuff to lessen the woman's load in the house. But there are still "a few good men" left i suppose, but most still depend on women for the household chores.

Ann07
6th May 2009, 18:29
Any other ways? lol:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

By the way:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ann07
6th May 2009, 18:32
I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything :xxgrinning--00xx3:[/QUOTE]

Same as my husband:) he does all the cleaning, washing etc in the house and looking after our wee boy except cooking:Erm: So thats my only job :D:D:D:D Good for me as i am heavily preggy now:doh:doh

Florge
7th May 2009, 05:36

hahahahaha... you learn fast! and yes, i did that... didn't say anything for about 5 minutes and gave a sad look until bf said "okay... you can rearrange the furniture"... :icon_lol:

Florge
7th May 2009, 05:39
I agree, cleaning is not so bad (with vacuum's hlep :D) and the laundry is also easy as you just chuck it all in the washing machine. But the ironing, oh well, i hate it as much as you do :NoNo:. My hubby will have to do it himself or he goes to work with crumpled clothes. :icon_lol::icon_lol: But about arranging the house, i guess you have to take charge coz when it comes to interior designing and house beautification, women know best :xxgrinning--00xx3: I guess we have the natural talent for that :)
You know i was laughing when you said you already argued about those stuff last night coz it just reminded me of how me and my hubby argued back then about where will the baby sleep:doh:icon_lol: , and we're not even married yet at that time :doh and i'm still in manila back then :doh:icon_lol:. But we settled it as early as then, we agreed to meet halfway :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LOL... well Sophie.. better to discuss things early on so that there's less adjustment to do when we're together... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
7th May 2009, 14:44
hahahahaha... you learn fast! and yes, i did that... didn't say anything for about 5 minutes and gave a sad look until bf said "okay... you can rearrange the furniture"... :icon_lol:

well done florge:xxgrinning--00xx3:, i guess you just settled it with your bf :xxgrinning--00xx3: - "whala, you can now rearrange the furniture", men can be so easy :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: or they just love us too much to let things go our way most of the time :D

eagles
9th May 2009, 13:18
Cheers, this post progresses for what I need to get to know of living at UK and what its at stake..

I should take note of the household arrangement coz I love to rearrange the furnitures, change colors of draperies for the sake of creating AMBIANCE in the house..Hope my bf wont be angry at that.

What about the FOOD? can you tell me GIRLS? I knew I wont have the liberty of cooking the fave "Bulad" in the house..what else should I be warned of??

Mrs.JMajor
9th May 2009, 13:23
What about the FOOD? can you tell me GIRLS? I knew I wont have the liberty of cooking the fave "Bulad" in the house..what else should I be warned of??

the way they cook vegetable is just steam,and u just put butter...but for me its healthy one,vegie are so fresh,I just miss the pinakbet:bigcry:If you like vegie,i guess u wont have prob...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
9th May 2009, 15:00
I don't think I'll have a prob with food since my bf loves our food including bagoong and "bulad" (dried fish)... one requests he had though (and it was again a good 2 hours of discussion) that I should leave his porridge alone! I can't make breakfast for him... so no tapsilog, tocilog, longsilog.. and all the other silogs for him... LOL