PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, my 1st post

klsl_forever
9th October 2006, 10:46
Great forum you have here and great to see some good genuine posters :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm hoping to meet honey ko ideally before the end of November (although due to hold ups involving moving house this now seems very unlikely) and almost certainly before Christmas so I shall be seeking lots of information as this is also my 1st time abroad.:Help1:

IainBusby
9th October 2006, 11:41
Hi there klsl_forever,
Nice to meet you here, welcome onboard. Anything at all that you need to know, I'm sure you will find someone here who will have had to deal with the same issue or come up against the same problem and I'm sure they will all be happy to advise you.

Cheers,

Iain.

lara1018
9th October 2006, 13:02
Hello hello :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm very new here as well, and they are very helpful and friendly group. Feel free to ask your questions, they have a wealth of experience here.

I arrived in November as you are planning to do. And I found really essential, if you don't already have a good warm jacket, ask him to meet you at the airport with one!!

Lara

klsl_forever
9th October 2006, 17:42
Thanks for the kind welcome folks.

Is it ok if I ask my questions using this thread or should I go to the necessary sub-forums?. Most of the info required is probably bread and butter to most of you, things like how soon do I need to buy my flight ticket , best bargains, visa extensions, applying in Phils etc. I was thinking if I do a 'more about me and my plans post' then I can get most questions in and all replies can be kept together as time is quite short for me at the moment.

BTW Lara, apologies if I'm typing like a woman, I'm a male hoping to go to Phils lol. It's ok though, you're forgiven.

misscarie
9th October 2006, 18:35
Thanks for the kind welcome folks.

Is it ok if I ask my questions using this thread or should I go to the necessary sub-forums?. Most of the info required is probably bread and butter to most of you, things like how soon do I need to buy my flight ticket , best bargains, visa extensions, applying in Phils etc. I was thinking if I do a 'more about me and my plans post' then I can get most questions in and all replies can be kept together as time is quite short for me at the moment.

BTW Lara, apologies if I'm typing like a woman, I'm a male hoping to go to Phils lol. It's ok though, you're forgiven.

hi ksl_forever :Hellooo: sure you are welcome to ask anything here...ask keith then (coz im just starting to sort my requirements :D )...anyway my bf will be arrive on november here...goodluck to you and to your gf :Rasp:

scotsfiancee
9th October 2006, 19:44
Hi there! we are all welcome you here! will wait for your questions :D

misscarie
9th October 2006, 20:30
Hi there! we are all welcome you here! will wait for your questions :D

hahaha :23_116_6[1]: pasaway si scot:gp:

PinoyBrit
9th October 2006, 22:08
Hi, everyone!

I am new here too. I am Filipino but migrated to England many many years ago because of a job offer. I love going online since it's actually a part of my job. Surprisingly, I have never been to this site. I frequent this Filipino site called itzamatch.com where I have met several very interesting people. Now, I am hooked and I am exploring my chances of marrying a Filipina. Since I am Filipino at heart, it is still quite hard for me to settle down here since the culture is really different. But who knows, right? Anyway, good luck to you all fellow newbies!

klsl_forever
9th October 2006, 22:16
OK, Here's some more about me, my Lady, my hopeful plans and of course the questions:D

I 1st stumbled across yahoo messenger in 2003 where around the same time I encountered my 1st ever filipina, since then I've just been in love with filipinas. In the 3 years since I've chatted to many ranging from the young 18 year olds trying to sell me their videos to the 50+ year old virgins, the younger naive scammers asking for help with their college fees before even introducing themselves to the more experienced "poor" filipinas who struggle to make ends meet whilst appearing to be online 24/7 multi chatting with their top of the range mobile phone endlessly glued to their ears. You name them, I've met them but one thing I will always say is they've always been polite and well mannered, even after I've been blunt with them. Of course they're not all scammers, I still have some on my list from 3 years ago who have since met a Brit and settled in this country, others I ended up losing contact with when they went abroad to work.

Anyway, on to my Lady:cwm38: . After 3 years I'd virtually given up hope of finding online and was happy to concede defeat in my quest to find Ms Right until early June this year I got a PM from maganda ko. Strangely enough I'd not even replied her for about an hour as I was being 'interviewed' by many other filipina that afternoon, you know the interview I mean, asl?, what's your job?, can I see you?. As it was my cam wasn't working that day and very few filipina seem to use MSN so eventually I got around to replying to maganda ko. It wasn't long before I got to see her cam and as soon as I saw her I knew I was interested. My only problem was my cam never worked and it's normal for filipina to simply move on if they cant see you but somehow my best lines came out that afternoon and somehow she remained interested and we added as friends. Since then we've chatted regular with both cams working and everything just seems right with her. She accepts I'm poor, she's never asked for anything, not even a hint. She's always reliable, on time give or take 10 minutes, a good head on her shoulders, rarely moody barring red flag but then she's just a little less chatty than normal. All in all she's someone I seriously want to meet.

As for our future, I'd like to think I'm going in with both eyes wide open. Yep, she's separated (had to be a catch somewhere eh) with 2 young daughters so any possibility of marriage is a long way off yet but luckily it's early days and we can deal with annulments as and if our relationship progresses, it's something we're both understanding of.

Now for the questions. Basicly I'm flying out hopefully before Christmas (preferably no later than mid December) on what will be a low budget trip. My Lady is a simple lass who's only requirement is love and understanding, no need for expensive gifts etc, no need for expensive hotels. Our rough plan at the moment is I fly to Cebu and she comes to meet me there.. We spend a couple days in Cebu and then get the ferry to Butuan City where we get taxied to Bislig where I simply move in as part of the family.

As already stated this will be my 1st ever time abroad so when it comes to getting plane tickets I'm absolutely clueless. Can I presume when I buy a return ticket I need to fly out within its validity date and I can return anytime within my 21 days/visa/visa extension date or do I need ask for a specific longterm return ticket? What's the best way to purchase a ticket bearing in mind I dont have a debit/credit card (although I maybe able to use a friends card I'd sooner not use this route). When is the latest I can book a ticket to ensure I arrive in Cebu no later than December 15/16? What other expenses are there aside from buying the ticket, tax etc?

Visas. As I'm aware I can enter Phils freely for 21 days, is it easy to get an extension once in Phils without having to go to Manila?, I did read it could be done by visiting BOI in Cebu. I would use the official channels here in UK but I have concerns over my new postal address. Basicly where I'm moving to is a newly developed building and the new address and postcode is still not being recognised on a lot of systems, Royal Mail being one system and BT being another hence why I'm being held up moving, maganda ko doesn't want me offline for a few weeks. Anyway, a 59 day visa is a must, even if we dont like eachother I still want a damn good holiday in Phils, ideally we do get on well from the off and I can stay anything up to 12? months max although I think 6 months is probably long enough for a 1st visit.

Money. I did read I can only take a maximum p10000 through customs, is this true?, it seems pathetically low. Travellers cheques, are they widely accepted, I'm thinking more in Mindanao as I'm sure they're ok in Cebu. Pounds or dollars? Which is easiest to convert to pesos in Phils?, I'm guessing dollars but i'm losing so much on conversion rates. Any other ways of accessing money in Phils? (once again I dont have debit/credit card and my ATM card is very basic)

Health Care. Ideally I'd like to be insured but if I dont know how long I'm there for then I guess this will be difficult? Which vaccinations are a must, I do want to be protected against mosquito with all this dengue that's going about, how long before I travel should I be getting the necessary vaccinations? My own Dr is a walk-in surgery, will I need to make a special appointment?

Jeez, wake up everybody, I do apologise for typing so much. I'm sure there's more questions but maybe I best stop typing for now:D

misscarie
9th October 2006, 23:04
Calling Mr.keith and the moderators....:icon_lol: ...ksl i am awake since 11 pm til now 6:02 am here phil time lol....for sure they will help you regasrding to your questions....

Scotsfiancee...ikaw kasi eh :D

misscarie
9th October 2006, 23:08
Calling Mr.keith and the moderators....:icon_lol: ...ksl i am awake since 11 pm til now 6:02 am here phil time lol....for sure they will help you regasrding to your questions....

Scotsfiancee...ikaw kasi eh :D

ksl..i am 1 year older to your gf :D we're truning our 1st anniversary this coming november....goodluck to both of you and best wishes...:Hellooo:

klsl_forever
9th October 2006, 23:28
Thanks for the wishes Misscarie :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hopefully we can make it to our 1st aniversary then I can know for sure we're both serious about eachother.

misscarie
10th October 2006, 00:17
Thanks for the wishes Misscarie :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hopefully we can make it to our 1st aniversary then I can know for sure we're both serious about eachother.

wow thats good...for sure she will be happy if you both will celebrate ur anniversary :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... spend ur christmas here too :) "YOU" will be the gift to her on christmas day...going to sleep now...its 7:15 am already lol :cwm3:

BTW...hello filbrit.....welcome !!! if you want...janice is single shes from cebu better to pm her ... goodluck to all !!!:Hellooo:

misscarie
10th October 2006, 00:22
Hi, everyone!

I am new here too. I am Filipino but migrated to England many many years ago because of a job offer. I love going online since it's actually a part of my job. Surprisingly, I have never been to this site. I frequent this Filipino site called itzamatch.com where I have met several very interesting people. Now, I am hooked and I am exploring my chances of marrying a Filipina. Since I am Filipino at heart, it is still quite hard for me to settle down here since the culture is really different. But who knows, right? Anyway, good luck to you all fellow newbies!

hello pinoybrit...(filbrit :D) we have a single member here..shes from cebu...u can pm her if u are interested....she is janice....gbu and goodluck ... going to sleep now (7:20 am phil time:cwm3: )

misscarie
10th October 2006, 00:33

hey anyway ... i misinterpret about the age eh....how old is she again???i though shes 18 lol:doh hahahaha.....i met my bf on internet eh we became friend and then...we started to have an unexplainable feelings...ahhh long story ksl...but one thing i know...i love my mahal ko the way he is....:) we love each other!

klsl_forever
10th October 2006, 00:46
hey anyway ... i misinterpret about the age eh....how old is she again???i though shes 18 lol:doh hahahaha.....i met my bf on internet eh we became friend and then...we started to have an unexplainable feelings...ahhh long story ksl...but one thing i know...i love my mahal ko the way he is....:) we love each other!

LOL, I guess we're a pair of oldies...http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6182/oldboyir4.gif (http://imageshack.us) I'm 42 and gwapa ko is 36.

scotsfiancee
10th October 2006, 04:10
Hi KLSL forever wat a long name :cwm24:
BTW i would liketo extend my warm greetings to you and your gf. She's from butuan and thats a far place though im from mindanao too. You do have such a nice story of searching in a right lady and that was quite enough for you and wish you all the best with her:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Where are you from anyway? First you will have to do your vaccination, bout your flights going to PI you have alot of choices. fly with singapore airlines? that would be a long journey for yah. Cebu is a very nice place so you had book any hotel so far?

PLS do the search function as all of your questions has been already asked before to some other members here..

misscarie
10th October 2006, 06:33
Hi KLSL forever wat a long name :cwm24:
BTW i would liketo extend my warm greetings to you and your gf. She's from butuan and thats a far place though im from mindanao too. You do have such a nice story of searching in a right lady and that was quite enough for you and wish you all the best with her:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Where are you from anyway? First you will have to do your vaccination, bout your flights going to PI you have alot of choices. fly with singapore airlines? that would be a long journey for yah. Cebu is a very nice place so you had book any hotel so far?

PLS do the search function as all of your questions had been asked already before to some other members here..

ahhhhh i remember now...simon will need that vaccinations too :)

anyway...hoi i just woke up here :icon_lol: and heavy rain outside again hope no typhoon na...musta?

misscarie
10th October 2006, 06:47
LOL, I guess we're a pair of oldies...http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6182/oldboyir4.gif (http://imageshack.us) I'm 42 and gwapa ko is 36.

goodmorning....nice ages forever :Rasp: but i didnt say that u both are oldies :D .... :sport-smiley-003:

KeithD
10th October 2006, 09:25
:cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: .....carie's avatar......:cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24:

misscarie
10th October 2006, 13:12
:cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: .....carie's avatar......:cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24:

hahahaha wat u think keith :D ... hello scot nice pose ha :icon_lol: yes keith thats me a 19 year old silly girl from manila lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
10th October 2006, 17:56
:yikes: yea put some clothes on :xxgrinning--00xx3::NoNo:

misscarie
11th October 2006, 09:09
:yikes: yea put some clothes on :xxgrinning--00xx3::NoNo:

let me put some sarsa to that "lechon baboy" crunchy and yummy:D

baboyako
11th October 2006, 20:20
will you lick it off?

:yikes:

misscarie
12th October 2006, 04:52
will you lick it off?

:yikes:

:cwm24:

KeithD
12th October 2006, 08:52
:cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24: :cwm24:

baboyako
13th October 2006, 18:57
:laugher:

Gavanddal
14th October 2006, 08:17
If you're planning to fly out in December it will cost you double going any other time! I'm going for 6 weeks but from November to January, that way avoiding the December price hike.

You can book flights easily online but if you don't have a debit or credit card you'd better book at an agent. The first time I used "Flight Centre". There's loads in London and elsewhere. You can pay cash or cheque there if you'd rather. In fact they charge a surcharge on credit card payments.

Don't take too much notice of the limit on pesos. Best to change up a load before you go; you'll find it difficult getting more while you're there unless you've got an ATM card, preferably Mastercard. I found Visa machines quite rare in Cebu. Don't forget to get low denomination notes. Many stores/ taxis won't take a P1000 note even though it's only a tenner to you.

You can indeed extend your visa when you arrive. The embassy official told me that at the Hounslow festival. I'm having to do that. I've not found out how yet though. I'm guessing you can do it at immigration control at the airport.

So, good luck with your trip.

Gavin

klsl_forever
27th October 2006, 23:06
Thanks for the info Gavin, much obliged. Unfortunately due to delays in moving home it's looking unlikely I can actually travel until January now which is a real letdown. At least I'll miss the worst of the winter weather here though.

klsl_forever
27th October 2006, 23:07
goodmorning....nice ages forever :Rasp: but i didnt say that u both are oldies :D .... :sport-smiley-003:

Where's your avatar gone?:D

KeithD
28th October 2006, 09:03
Typhoon UK hits the Phil during January :omg:

scotsfiancee
28th October 2006, 09:08
Expecting for a rain everyday :Help1:

Philip
28th October 2006, 12:11
Expecting for a rain everyday :Help1:

It gets worse! :cwm3: