PDA

View Full Version : DANDRUFF attack!!!

ANDRES25
24th April 2009, 12:50
I need help!!! This is embarrassing but I NEED HELP! I have a serious case of dandruff since I got here in England. I have been using head and shoulders and pantene but it's not working for me. Plus, my hair has never been smooth and silky like it used to be when I was in the Philippines. I do wash my hair every other day not everyday because I also have lots of falling hair.. I think it's the hard water that's doing it. Anyway, can anyone pls. recommend a good dandruff shampoo... Is there any store here, or supermarket that sells NIZORAL. I have used NIZORAl before and it's really effective!!! Oh my! I'm getting worse! I am jobless and full of dandruff!!! ha ha ha!!!

Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

kimmi
24th April 2009, 12:59
hi sis,

our hair is also adjusting with the weather and everything in here..I agree with u with NIZORAL it is very effective but if u cant get one, u can also try NUTROGENA T/GEL u have to use it alone without any conditioner for a few days..

it has work ok with me and everytime I feel Ive got dry, flaky and itchy scalp I use it..hope it helps..:D

Tawi2
24th April 2009, 13:00
Its lack of humidity here,always happens to me when I come back,could be worse,at least your tan didnt go white and crusty on your arms the way mine has,I look like I have a mild case of leprosy :omg:

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 13:01
My wife as the same problem she as started using a shampoo called selsun. she first got this on prescription from our gp but u can buy it at sainsburys pharmacy so i presume other chemists must sell it . gud luck but if all else fails you cud always go KALBOha ha ha

Tawi2
24th April 2009, 13:04
Kalbo is cruel Beau :icon_lol:because then the flakes of dandruff are highly visible for all to see :omg::ARsurrender:

KeithD
24th April 2009, 13:07
Its lack of humidity here,....
You want to go to Las Vegas, your whole skin flakes off :omg:

Use Selsun Blue with moisturizer.

beaubrummie
24th April 2009, 13:08
:laugher::laugher::laugher:

johncar54
24th April 2009, 13:32
Try using DETOL, diluted about 10 to 1. Just dab it on wet hair leave it for say five minutes and shampoo. Worked for me maybe 40 years ago and worked for my wife a year or so ago.

Pepe n Pilar
24th April 2009, 13:34
I need help!!! This is embarrassing but I NEED HELP! I have a serious case of dandruff since I got here in England. I have been using head and shoulders and pantene but it's not working for me. Plus, my hair has never been smooth and silky like it used to be when I was in the Philippines. I do wash my hair every other day not everyday because I also have lots of falling hair.. I think it's the hard water that's doing it. Anyway, can anyone pls. recommend a good dandruff shampoo... Is there any store here, or supermarket that sells NIZORAL. I have used NIZORAl before and it's really effective!!! Oh my! I'm getting worse! I am jobless and full of dandruff!!! ha ha ha!!!

Andres25 you really made me laugh:icon_lol::icon_lol:. You're jobless and full of dundruff!!!!:icon_lol::omg::Cuckoo:. Anyway, i use the V05 hot oil (silky smooth) smoothes to combat frizz & restore shine on your hair. Heat damaged mid to long hair. And also pantene intensive hair repair treatment (repair & protect). It helps hydrate and protect to give healthy looking shiny hair, for dry or damaged hair also. I use the hotoil once a week and the pantene every other day and use TRESemme conditioner everyday. My hair has become soft perhaps due to the water in our place.

aromulus
24th April 2009, 17:58
Are you sure it is dandruff and not.... Kuto...???:Erm:

tiN
24th April 2009, 18:06
I was having bad dandruff also before, but I tried Selsun Blue you can buy that in Boots also and it helps me a lot :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Why not try to wash ur hair everyday? As what im doing is washing my hair everyday eventhough i have lots of falling hair, because before I wash my hair every other day and it seems getting worse.

Jay&Zobel
24th April 2009, 18:18

Whehehe...:D:D:D:D But this is really a reality. Lots of Pinays have experienced this including me, I am afraid.

Okay... this is an embarrasing thing but who cares, might help...:cwm12::cwm12::D

I had a similar situation when I first came here. Full of crusty dandruff (never had in the PI). Eczema, skin redness, spots, dryness on the face and all... It was very uncomfortable and very not me...:NoNo::NoNo: I was too unhappy...
Then my husband booked me to see the GP...
To my surprise, he asked me: "Do you wash your hair everyday? Take a shower/bath daily?"
I replied proudly: "Of course I do!" (ano akala mo sa kin hilo?):NoNo::NoNo:
Then he said: "Well I advice you to not take a shower for a couple of days to let your hair & scalp breathe. Then take a shower every other day. Your skin will be better also as it will excrete natural oils... (then handed me a skin ointment prescription).
I was really :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

I thought showering everyday makes you feel good, clean hehehe but not in the UK (HARD WATER!!! LIME SCALES!!!) :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: Not very funny hehehe...

Dandruff tips:
Rinse your hair with vinegar & massage your scalp (it smells awful but it worked for me).
Wrap your hair with towel. Leave it for couple of minutes.
Rinse it off with your fave shampoo & conditioner to get rid of the smell.

Or use Olive Oil (cooking) and do the steps as above... (from google)

I find Head & Shoulders very strong. It makes my scalp more crusty... hehe...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Take care!

bornatbirth
24th April 2009, 20:52
try using a E45 product they do a shampoo works well on my wife :xxgrinning--00xx3: makes her skin so soft too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
24th April 2009, 21:39
try using a E45 product they do a shampoo works well on my wife :xxgrinning--00xx3: makes her skin so soft too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

E45 body lotions and creams (havent tried the shampoo yet) are great
also Suddo Cream (skin):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
24th April 2009, 22:47
E45 body lotions and creams (havent tried the shampoo yet) are great
also Suddo Cream (skin):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I use palmer as a lotion. And it has a cocoa smell so after i use it i smelt like chocolate, makes my husband crave for me :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Geraldine
26th April 2009, 16:19
You need to try different shampoos to see which one is 'hiyang' for you. I've experienced that as well and one of the pinay nurses recommended Head and Shoulder Sensitive, it helped and so far the brand I prefer. During really cold weather, I will use Neutrogena T/Gel for a few days then back to my old shampoo.

Keep in mind, do not wash or bath everyday...makes your hair and skin really dry. Unlike in Phil where is very polluted that you need to bath everyday. Here in UK, 3x a week should be fine but of course you need to wash down there and change your underwear everyday. :)

Jay&Zobel
26th April 2009, 16:27
You need to try different shampoos to see which one is 'hiyang' for you. I've experienced that as well and one of the pinay nurses recommended Head and Shoulder Sensitive, it helped and so far the brand I prefer. During really cold weather, I will use Neutrogena T/Gel for a few days then back to my old shampoo.

Keep in mind, do not wash or bath everyday...makes your hair and skin really dry. Unlike in Phil where is very polluted that you need to bath everyday. Here in UK, 3x a week should be fine but of course you need to wash down there and change your underwear everyday. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neutrogena T/Gel is also good!

Yep! To add Philippines has soft water and will not make your skin & scalp go dry even if you shower/bath thrice a day!:):)

Jay&Zobel
26th April 2009, 16:28
I use palmer as a lotion. And it has a cocoa smell so after i use it i smelt like chocolate, makes my husband crave for me :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:omg::omg::omg::D:D:D:D:D:D
naughty! lol

ANDRES25
26th April 2009, 21:08

LOL! Thanks!!! ha ha ha! no need to remind me about that, I always wash down there and change my undies everyday...always smelling fresh!

aromulus
27th April 2009, 07:09
LOL! Thanks!!! ha ha ha! no need to remind me about that, I always wash down there and change my undies everyday...always smelling fresh!

This outstanding information should be deserving of some rep points I reckon...........:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Or is it to be considered advertising....???:Erm:

bornatbirth
27th April 2009, 09:27

i do the same everyday even here :action-smiley-081: im fully trained in the use of a Tabo? :icon_lol:

kimmi
27th April 2009, 09:43
i do the same everyday even here :action-smiley-081: im fully trained in the use of a Tabo? :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:so what do u prefer, TABO or toilet paper??:Erm::omg::doh:Rasp::icon_lol:

bornatbirth
27th April 2009, 09:58
after years of just using toilet paper my butt got use to it but after meeting my wife she use to look at me oddly as she knew i just used toilet paper and expected me to shower and wash everytime after using the toilet?

so after seeing the other thread about the tabo,i knew what my wife what was thinking.

so now you will be all pleased to know that i stay nice and clean! :)

Jay&Zobel
27th April 2009, 10:46
after years of just using toilet paper my butt got use to it but after meeting my wife she use to look at me oddly as she knew i just used toilet paper and expected me to shower and wash everytime after using the toilet?

so after seeing the other thread about the tabo,i knew what my wife what was thinking.

so now you will be all pleased to know that i stay nice and clean! :)

WELL DONE!!! YOUR WIFE IS COOOL! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D
You see, it should not only us wives to do the adjusting but also the husbands too! Fushion of cultures, traditions & practices - or can be called as COMPROMISE hehe...

Pepe n Pilar
27th April 2009, 14:38
[QUOTE=Geraldine;130910]You need to try different shampoos to see which one is 'hiyang' for you. I've experienced that as well and one of the pinay nurses recommended Head and Shoulder Sensitive, it helped and so far the brand I prefer. During really cold weather, I will use Neutrogena T/Gel for a few days then back to my old shampoo.

Keep in mind, do not wash or bath everyday...makes your hair and skin really dry. Unlike in Phil where is very polluted that you need to bath everyday. Here in UK, 3x a week should be fine but of course you need to wash down there and change your underwear everyday. :)[/QUO

Do not wash or bathe everyday???:NoNo::doh I can't do that:NoNo:. I bathe everyday. For those who have sensitive skin, I can recommend babysoft cotton milk lotion. That is hypoallergenic. Some shower gels are strong.
Of course wash down there and changing undies is a MUST.:):xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

tiN
27th April 2009, 14:41
Do not wash or bath everyday???:NoNo::doh I can't do that:NoNo:. I bathe everyday. For those who have sensitive skin, I can recommend babysoft cotton milk lotion. That is hypoallergenic. Some shower gels are strong.
Of course wash down there and changing undies is a MUST.:):xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Agree with u sis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can't miss a shower for a day, or else i feel itchy especially in my hair :NoNo::NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
27th April 2009, 14:59
Not all parts of UK has soft water...

leahneilcheeka
29th April 2009, 10:28
hi! i know selsun blue is quite expensive... what i do recommend is buy at least 3-4 different kind of shampoo... pantene, herbal essence, head and shoulders, palmolive... use them alternately everyday or whenever you shower, like if you use pantene today use another brand of shampoo the next day or time you shower and hot water on your head is a big NO NO NO. I have a very minor case of dandruff since i was here 5 years now. it did work for my partner as well who used selsun blue before but never worked. do visit my bathroom got at least 5 different half full shampoos in there. at least when my friends do come for a visit they dont need to bring any shampoos with them....:):icon_lol:

bornatbirth
29th April 2009, 12:10
WELL DONE!!! YOUR WIFE IS COOOL! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D
You see, it should not only us wives to do the adjusting but also the husbands too! Fushion of cultures, traditions & practices - or can be called as COMPROMISE hehe...

:icon_lol: or my wife will complain i have a stinky butt if i dont :)

Ping
29th April 2009, 12:31
Try to use Garnier Fructis fortifying shampoo & conditioner(strength & shine,2-1) and Garnier Fructis hair recovery shampoo (repair & shine).Alternate it when you shampoo your hair everyday.Use only room temperature water and don't use hair dryer. Just use towel to dry it and when its a bit damp apply baby oil but not much.

sheila_ADY
3rd May 2009, 17:32
I brought a Big pantene shampoo from Philippines and didn't cause me dandruff.(one of my friend from US told me..kasi may iba daw formula sa Imported pantene.)But my problem now is very dry skin..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..dry lips and dry pooooowet :-(( need help too. :-))

Sophie
3rd May 2009, 20:26
I brought a Big pantene shampoo from Philippines and didn't cause me dandruff.(one of my friend from US told me..kasi may iba daw formula sa Imported pantene.)But my problem now is very dry skin..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..dry lips and dry pooooowet :-(( need help too. :-))

Try E-45 body creme and body shower gel. It works well on very dry skin. I had very dry skin when i got here, and it worked wonders for my skin. And the good thing about the body creme is, its not greasy and sticky. You can try if it will work for you.

thejarvs
4th May 2009, 07:41
lol I'm also a tabo/measuring jug user, my :action-smiley-081: feels itchy if I don't.

Mrsjarv hasn't got the dandruff issue but she has been getting spots on her forehead just below the hairline, please ladies any advice would be greatly appreciated, she is always maganda in my eyes but I know she hates it and it is worrying her :(

Florge
4th May 2009, 11:42
Manchester has soft water right? oh please god make it soft.. make it soft... but just the water... not my bf's ... well...mmm... you know.... LOL

sheila_ADY
4th May 2009, 11:59
LOL.

Thanks Sofie I will try that one.Thanks a lot. Winks.

To thejarvs I brought Tabo too lol.But still dry lol.Still adjusting almost 3 weeks here now.

To FLorge.. LOL I hope the water is soft there friend lol.

Jay&Zobel
4th May 2009, 22:05
Manchester has soft water right? oh please god make it soft.. make it soft... but just the water... not my bf's ... well...mmm... you know.... LOL

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: You and your humour hahaha...

leahneilcheeka
5th May 2009, 00:53
lol I'm also a tabo/measuring jug user, my :action-smiley-081: feels itchy if I don't.

Mrsjarv hasn't got the dandruff issue but she has been getting spots on her forehead just below the hairline, please ladies any advice would be greatly appreciated, she is always maganda in my eyes but I know she hates it and it is worrying her :(

just got one question.... are you using tresemme? (have i spelt it right)?

Alan
5th May 2009, 01:24
I would LOVE to get dandruff!

Al.:)

thejarvs
5th May 2009, 06:54

:icon_lol: sorry Florge but Manchester water will be like ours as we are just down the road pasensya poh :)

just got one question.... are you using tresemme? (have i spelt it right)?

hindi poh mrsjarv is using L'Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition (lol this thread is like a comercial break hehehe)

I would LOVE to get dandruff!

Al.:)

ako rin Al :bigcry:

leahneilcheeka
5th May 2009, 13:59
:icon_lol: sorry Florge but Manchester water will be like ours as we are just down the road pasensya poh :)

hindi poh mrsjarv is using L'Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition (lol this thread is like a comercial break hehehe)

ako rin Al :bigcry:

try changing your shampoo coz it might be down to that...

Florge
6th May 2009, 06:23

Really? But my bf said the water is soft unlike in London.. and he takes a bath everyday.. soo.... maybe it's soft? :Erm:

kimmi
6th May 2009, 10:00
Really? But my bf said the water is soft unlike in London.. and he takes a bath everyday.. soo.... maybe it's soft? :Erm:

hi Florge, if ur bf's area is predominantly surrounded by lime stones it will be a hard water..:Erm::D

Florge
7th May 2009, 12:07
hi Florge, if ur bf's area is predominantly surrounded by lime stones it will be a hard water..:Erm::D

Limestones... hmmm... I don't know about that... I can safely say that his area is surrounded by kids throwing eggs at cars... LOL :Rasp:

Mrs Daddy
7th May 2009, 19:21
dry pooooowet :-(( need help too. :-))

u made me laugh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: kidding aside drink plenty of water and as well put lotion everyday on your skin and exfoliates as well or use body scrub cream I think that`ll helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
29th May 2009, 11:15
Excuse me if someone has already mentioned this. I did search through the above but rather quickly.

There was a medical prog on UK TV the other night about dandruff. I was surprised to hear it is cause by fungus growth and nothing to do with a dry scalp. In fact it is more likely with people who have a greasy skin.

The advice was, to wash the hair really thoroughly with a dandruff medicated shampoo and not to forget the back of the neck.

I now know why when I posted ...... Try using DETOL, diluted about 10 to 1. Just dab it on wet hair leave it for say five minutes and shampoo. Worked for me maybe 40 years ago and worked for my wife a year or so ago.

Good luck.