PDA

View Full Version : UK Unlimited Leave Stamp in new passport

Admin
3rd November 2004, 23:12
The wife had her Leave To Stay stamp from the immigration put in her new passport last year for free. Now in order to get citizenship she had to renew it again to ensure the middle name was the same.

They now charge about £150 for this and say they take upto 3 month, it was 3 weeks last year!!

As we need it to go on holiday to Singapore in January they told us we could have an interview in Liverpool on 30th Nov, and they charge £250 for this 'personal' service!! Getting as bad as the rip-off Filipino officials in this country.

Gary
18th October 2005, 20:10
Almost as bad as the damned Brittany Ferries service from Uk to France..not so bad going other way though...
they charge more from uk than they do from France...

Pauldo
28th October 2005, 00:36
Originally posted by admin@Nov 3 2004, 11:12 PM
The wife had her Leave To Stay stamp from the immigration put in her new passport last year for free. Now in order to get citizenship she had to renew it again to ensure the middle name was the same.

They now charge about £150 for this and say they take upto 3 month, it was 3 weeks last year!!

As we need it to go on holiday to Singapore in January they told us we could have an interview in Liverpool on 30th Nov, and they charge £250 for this 'personal' service!! Getting as bad as the rip-off Filipino officials in this country.

Quoted post

I've just seen this post, though not too sure exactly what you mean. She had to renew her passport again, or her Indefinite Leave To remain?

My wife had her ILTR granted 2 1/2 years ago, and got her citizenship about six months ago, but has never had to have anything renewed. Her Filipino passport expired a week after we sent off for the citizenship too, which was a worry, as she was illegal immigrant for a while: no valid passport. Only took a week to get a new one, after we got it back from the UK Immigration serice.

Admin
28th October 2005, 10:39
I've just seen this post, though not too sure exactly what you mean. She had to renew her passport again, or her Indefinite Leave To remain?
Both, the wife didn't notice untill we applied for citizenship, that when she had renewed her passport in the PI embassy, they had put the name on it wrong, and it had to be correct for the citizenship application.

Pauldo
28th October 2005, 21:32
Originally posted by admin@Oct 28 2005, 10:39 AM
Both, the wife didn't notice untill we applied for citizenship, that when she had renewed her passport in the PI embassy, they had put the name on it wrong, and it had to be correct for the citizenship application.

Quoted post

Ahh, all becomes clear. But how unusual, for the Philippines connection to make a mistake so trivial as getting the name on a passport wrong....... :P

My wifes birthday is actually a month before her birth certificate states, but try telling that to the clowns who wrote it out 31 years ago. The refused to change it, stating that once it is written it can't be altered.

Unless money changes hands of course....... :unsure: