PDA

View Full Version : Jobcentre plus.......

adam&chryss
21st April 2009, 19:31
Well today we had the delight of an appointment at the jobcentre to gain a national insurance number for Chryss.
What a depressing experience that was......
I can`t imagine that any of the people down there have had a job for years.
Their attire and attitude was very poor.
One bloke wore diesel trainers, jogging bottoms, sleeveless top and a camouflage hat!
Now i`m well aware that its not a job interview and you don`t need to wear a suit but come on. Resembling some sort of spiv and having a go at the desk worker isnt a good attitude.
As for the rest of them, well, one bloke couldnt keep his eyes open and had slurred speach :cwm3: great
I feel for the genuine jobless but that rabble hadnt worked in ages.
And another thing, I think about 75% of the people there, regardless of age, had the tongues of their trainers pulled up!
Whats that all about? :doh

KeithD
21st April 2009, 19:40
They are not looking for a job, they just have to turn up to get benefit.:NoNo:

adam&chryss
21st April 2009, 19:59
They are not looking for a job, they just have to turn up to get benefit.:NoNo:

Unfortunately I think your right.
It`s a shame for all the people that really are looking for work that they could get caught it the vicious circle.
I hope the recession wont last long and that not too many skilled, good workers lose their jobs.
Many have worked for years to get where they are and I hope they dont end up at the hellhole that is JOBCENTRE PLUS :cwm23:

KeithD
21st April 2009, 21:44
Plenty of jobs in the bailiff sector :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd April 2009, 11:32
I agree that many who attend the Jobcentre+ are "not a pretty sight". :yikes: Having retired early from full-time work, I had the misfortune of being compelled to go along to one of these places once a fortnight to 'sign on' in order to keep up my National Insurance Credits. Moreover, the fact that I was the recipient of a reasonable occupational pension from my former long-term employers, meant I wasn't eligible for Jobseekers Allowance. :NoNo:

Oh how I hated the whole experience ...! Even though I always took care to dress in a manner befitting someone in his late 50s [as I was then] it did not detract from my feelings of self-consciousness at having to stand in a queue (consisting mainly of either youngsters or semi-inebriates) waiting to be seen by a member of staff who barely looked up from his/her desk as each client approached. Then, one day, I found myself face-to-face with a young clerkess who actually listened to my "moans and groans" and suggested I write to the Pensions Service in Newcastle for a revised assessment of my "contributions" to date. Lo and behold, within three weeks, I discovered I'd already earned enough "stamps" [40 years' worth] to qualify for the basic State Pension at age sixty-five. :rolleyes:And to think all it needed was a sympathetic ear and the caring attitude of one young woman (bless her!) to release me from such bondage and say "ta ta" to the Jobcentre Plus!!