PDA

View Full Version : Pinoy Events in the UK

Andy
14th April 2009, 12:43
I found this website & hope it's OK to put the link below. It gives info on the various fiestas in the UK this summer......

http://www.pinoyevents.co.uk/

Andy
Surrey

maria_and_matt
14th April 2009, 13:15
thank you for the link, that was most helpful... looking forward to the independence day fiesta, hope to see u guys there..

mickcant
14th April 2009, 13:35
Thanks Andy,:xxgrinning--00xx3: I have bookmarked the site for when my wife joins me in the UK (hopefully)soon, this will help her adjust knowing there are events we can go to.
Mick.:ARsurrender:

islander
14th April 2009, 15:49
It would have been nice to attend to these events, making us less homesick...

unfortunately, there's none in scotland so far :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

mickcant
14th April 2009, 17:04

Hello Islander,:Hellooo: Mick here, I am on an Island at the other end of the country from you, so I dough there will be any we can get to easily, but if my wife is struggling when she finally gets here, I will just have to stay over somewhere so we can get to some events.
Perhaps others fro Scotland will see your post and you can start a mini meet up? You never know, I do realise how important friendship is to most Filipina’s. :cwm12:
All the best,
Mick.

pinayingermany
14th April 2009, 23:16

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:same here:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Jay&Zobel
15th April 2009, 17:09
We would love to attend this:
http://www.barriofiestasalondon.com/

Who are considering going to London in July? Let's meet up!

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 10:07
Barrio Fiesta sa London in Lambton park is normally a good day out,its 15 minutes away from home so I normally pop along,well worth a visit if only to see old mates getting sloshed on san mig :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
16th April 2009, 20:55
Barrio Fiesta sa London in Lambton park is normally a good day out,its 15 minutes away from home so I normally pop along,well worth a visit if only to see old mates getting sloshed on san mig :icon_lol:

Ei, can you recommend a B&B near there? hehe :xxgrinning--00xx3: might consider 2 days staying in london :Erm:

I think I'll go crazy shopping lots of foooooooooooooddddd!! whoohoo!!!

Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 20:58
Theres actually quite a few B&B's near Lambton Park in Hounslow itself,couldnt reccomend any however as I live 15 minutes away so never had to avail of their services,I can ask around if you like?Theres a decent hotel a short drive away in Feltham,visited it for parties,its quite nice,I will get their rates if you like?

islander
17th April 2009, 17:54
Hello Islander,:Hellooo: Mick here, I am on an Island at the other end of the country from you, so I dough there will be any we can get to easily, but if my wife is struggling when she finally gets here, I will just have to stay over somewhere so we can get to some events.
Perhaps others fro Scotland will see your post and you can start a mini meet up? You never know, I do realise how important friendship is to most Filipina’s. :cwm12:
All the best,
Mick.

I think it is an inate that filipinas just loves to be with families and friends...

Jay&Zobel
17th April 2009, 18:08
Theres actually quite a few B&B's near Lambton Park in Hounslow itself,couldnt reccomend any however as I live 15 minutes away so never had to avail of their services,I can ask around if you like?Theres a decent hotel a short drive away in Feltham,visited it for parties,its quite nice,I will get their rates if you like?

Wow that would be great mate, cheers! maybe links will help... ermmm... what happened to your Avatar-scary hehe? lol...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 19:58
Just sent you the website link Jay,its St Giles Hotel in Feltham 3* its a darned sight cheaper than the 5* options on the Bath Road,book online and theres a discount so I believe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
18th April 2009, 00:21
Just sent you the website link Jay,its St Giles Hotel in Feltham 3* its a darned sight cheaper than the 5* options on the Bath Road,book online and theres a discount so I believe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joyclarkson0808
3rd May 2009, 13:55
hello, who's going to the aug summer fiesta in blackpool??? let's meet up girls!!! :)

Chrisirene
3rd May 2009, 14:10
Blackpool is the neirest that we can go :D

russ01539
3rd May 2009, 14:29
Blackpool is the neirest that we can go :D

Kendal Barrio is nearest, held annually.

russ01539
3rd May 2009, 14:32
hello, who's going to the aug summer fiesta in blackpool??? let's meet up girls!!! :)

we might go on this..as Chrisirene said its closer to where we live..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
3rd May 2009, 18:11
My honeys cousin lives in Poulton Le Fylde north of Blackpool, we attended last year, a bit manic but usual for Pinoy organised events and good fun. I guess we will be there again this year. The Birmingham event is on 21st 22nd of June and about 1 mile from our place so definite for that one

see link if boss will allow

http://www.pinoyevents.co.uk/birmingham/

somebody
3rd May 2009, 18:47

I know the hotel we have staff stay there sometimes normally coach loads of koreans there. Near the station and good links by bus to hounslow. I think the car parking at the st giles is a tad pricey but it may have changed. But can ask if anyone needs to.

Loads of Hotels in the area around Hounslow. Quite a few travel lodges, b &b's and non 5 star hotels as you get nearer hounslow along the bath road.

Also be wary of the car parks some of the near Heathrow Hotels fill up there car parks and surrounding grassy areas with as many cars as possible. Giving those who book a night or two free parking for the time they are away making it harder for those also staying and coming and going by car (Again work mates tell me this, normally its only the summer time.

flomike
3rd May 2009, 19:11
thanks for that info:)

i want to go to London but too far where we live (5 hours to drive:NoNo:). The nearest one is Leeds but the same date as my husband's yearly family reunion. Probably we might go to NewCastle, I love that place and the accent:)

Sconnie
4th May 2009, 19:01

Come down to Newcastle, you will be welcome here..

Sconnie
4th May 2009, 19:07
thanks for that info:)

i want to go to London but too far where we live (5 hours to drive:NoNo:). The nearest one is Leeds but the same date as my husband's yearly family reunion. Probably we might go to NewCastle, I love that place and the accent:)

We will be at the Newcastle fiesta, maybe we will be able to meet this year....

Tawi2
4th May 2009, 20:51
Barrio fiesta sa newcastle?Newkie brown instead of San Mig:Erm: When I lived in the north-east I knew of one single filipina living in sunderland,times have changed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
4th May 2009, 20:55
We will be at the Newcastle fiesta, maybe we will be able to meet this year....

oh yeah were supposed to meet last year in Leeds. I would love to meet members of this forum and I mentioned it already to my husband and he puts it to his calendar I hope the weather's nice. Do you go to Sunderland airshow it will be held on 25-26 July? We went there last year but unfortunately airshow cancelled bec of very poor visibility:NoNo: Hoping it will be okay this year:)

Hoping to see you there and meet you and your lovely wife:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 16:18
Just found this in my mailbox,getting closer :)

http://www.barriofiestasalondon.com/

Ana_may365
7th May 2009, 18:12
so to those near in newcastle kita kits n lng tau don!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Mrs Daddy
7th May 2009, 19:09
been here more than two years but never benn to any pinoy fiestas as hubby doesnt want crowded places:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 19:12
Join a pinay society local to your area,lots of them organise a day trip to the London fiesta as its the biggest one in the UK,I have seen coaches from scotland,wales and northern england parked up,they come from all over the UK for whats a really good day out to be honest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
7th May 2009, 19:15
Join a pinay society local to your area,lots of them organise a day trip to the London fiesta as its the biggest one in the UK,I have seen coaches from scotland,wales and northern england parked up,they come from all over the UK for whats a really good day out to be honest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rarely you see pinay here tawi"I have met one when I was about on my one year and a half staying in our area:D and that was on my english course though if not been into it couldnt fine any:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Tawi2
7th May 2009, 19:17
:Erm: I could send you a few,theres one lives in the next street,one lives across the street,several in the local Tesco,loads working on the nearest industrial estate,many at Heathrow........local hospital.........I think theres more here than in Manila :Erm::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
7th May 2009, 19:18
yes thats what my hubby said more pinay`s in cities :D:D:D

cheesewiz
7th May 2009, 21:38
i feel that i don't need to attend filipino events bec where i live its like there's always an events for pinoys (every weekend they have karaoke/drinking session) or if i go out going to town or supermarket guaranteed i will see pinoys.

I brought my bf one weekend he can't believe how much they drink about 10 hard drinks on the table and they mix them all and he's not happy watching drunk people that you can't hardly talk to:NoNo:

beaubrummie
13th May 2009, 00:44
My wife says we will be going to blackpool and probably birmingham . Last year my daughter won the santa cruzan arch don't know yet if we are making one this year. Also an fab officer as asked if I will enter the miss gay philippines comp. mmmmmm

filglas
31st May 2009, 10:33

hi, islander,,Good News for you,,there will be the VERY FIRST BARRIO FIESTA THAT WILL BE HELD IN GLASGOW THIS 21 ST JUNE 2009!!

It will be in Kelvin Hall..with RANDY SANTIAGO as special guest:xxgrinning--00xx3:.. will be nice to meet other pinoys in this big event..hope you can come!!

Bluebirdjones
2nd June 2009, 16:16
this coming Saturday / Sunday.

Any idea of the type of attendence numbers ?

... and more importantly, if someone lives around there, what is the
parking like ?
Can u park (legally .. with no restrictions) in Hillcross Avenue, Morden Lane
or other surrounding roads ?

Thks in advance

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 16:11
Free parking on sundays,saturdays is around 80p-£1 an hour off the top of my head :Erm:

tala
6th June 2009, 19:42
anyone knows about events in belfast?

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 19:48
I got a copy of Magandang Balita UK today,pretty Naff as usual,just adverts mainly but they are doing a double-page spread advertising the Barrio Fiesta Sa London Guests.....Allan K:erotic4:.....Joey De Leon.....Marian Rivera.....Vic Sotto.....Tito Sotto......Dingdong Dantes:Erm:,,,,,and who is the Mysterious Hollywood Guest :Erm:(hope they didnt pre-book Michael Jackson) :Erm:
18-19 July,Lampton Park Hounslow,come one,come all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
28th June 2009, 20:26
I got a copy of Magandang Balita UK today,pretty Naff as usual,just adverts mainly but they are doing a double-page spread advertising the Barrio Fiesta Sa London Guests.....Allan K:erotic4:.....Joey De Leon.....Marian Rivera.....Vic Sotto.....Tito Sotto......Dingdong Dantes:Erm:,,,,,and who is the Mysterious Hollywood Guest :Erm:(hope they didnt pre-book Michael Jackson) :Erm:

The eat bulga cru the missus cant wait

jimeve
28th June 2009, 20:31

wife's going, I might go yet. £25 FROM Manchester on a coach

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:33
Allan K is just way too camp for me :NoNo: I say bring over Dolphy,pinas answer to Mr Bean :icon_lol:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:34
Its a good day Jim,I am sure there are Pinay associations in the north-west which hire coaches to bring their members down :Erm: Theres always loads of coaches from all over the UK :Erm:

jimeve
28th June 2009, 20:39
Its a good day Jim,I am sure there are Pinay associations in the north-west which hire coaches to bring their members down :Erm: Theres always loads of coaches from all over the UK :Erm:

yeah Manchester branch, its going to be a noisy 5 hour trip with a coach load of Filipinos :ARsurrender:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:39
Scrap the coach,travel in style,get a jeepney down :icon_lol:

jimeve
28th June 2009, 20:40

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

somebody
28th June 2009, 20:43

A stretch Jeepney:Erm:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:45
Dont give them ideas :icon_lol: Chauffeur driven stretch jeepney service :icon_lol: Isnt there a guy in kent owns a jeepney?He normally brings it to the fiesta?

jimeve
28th June 2009, 20:49
Dont give them ideas :icon_lol: Chauffeur driven stretch jeepney service :icon_lol: Isnt there a guy in kent owns a jeepney?He normally brings it to the fiesta?

must have bold tyres, or it be genuine

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:51
You know what they are like,nick a few legit jeepneys,cut and shut,Voila,you got a 18 wheel 72 seater,with room on the luggage rack for another 30,imagine that on the M25 :omg::cwm24:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 20:52
I never bothered examining that guys jeepney closely Jim,if its there this year I will get a pic.

somebody
28th June 2009, 20:57
You know what they are like,nick a few legit jeepneys,cut and shut,Voila,you got a 18 wheel 72 seater,with room on the luggage rack for another 30,imagine that on the M25 :omg::cwm24:

Think of the noise, the residents of Hounslow will think concorde is flying again

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 21:00
I remember sitting in someones house in Colnbrook when concord had just taken off :omg::omg: it went right over :omg::omg:

somebody
28th June 2009, 21:13
I remember sitting in someones house in Colnbrook when concord had just taken off :omg::omg: it went right over :omg::omg:

Well at least it went over and not though which is a postive:D

I remeber a mates girlfriend lived just across the road from hatton cross as you opened the front door a plane would be coming right at you. Strangely inside the house you couldn't hear or feel a thing.

I grew up listening to and shaken by concorde as a kid. So i had good grounding for putting up with the early morning jeepneys which drove past the Wifes Lolas House:rolleyes:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 21:20
Hatton Cross area I think BAA paid for everyones Double-glazing,but Concord was something else :omg:

somebody
28th June 2009, 22:09
Hatton Cross area I think BAA paid for everyones Double-glazing,but Concord was something else :omg:
I think they had triple glazing and mega insulation thoughout. Indian mates of mine joke thats why they all live there the houses are all cheap to heat:D

jimeve
28th June 2009, 22:13
how far is the airport to the barrio festival lampton park ?:Erm:

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 22:15
20 minutes?Its about 4 miles?Maybe 5?

somebody
28th June 2009, 22:26
how far is the airport to the barrio festival lampton park ?:Erm:

Which part of the Airport sir?

terminal 123, 4 or 5 or?

Hounslowi s to the east of the airport

How would you be traveling from the airport.

If its by tube hounslow central takes you a couple of mintues walk away.

If a car parking can be a bit hertic in the nearby area.

jimeve
28th June 2009, 22:28
20 minutes?Its about 4 miles?Maybe 5?

might fly down from Manchester, be a lot quieter and easier.

jimeve
28th June 2009, 22:31
Which part of the Airport sir?

terminal 123, 4 or 5 or?

Hounslowi s to the east of the airport

How would you be traveling from the airport.

If its by tube hounslow central takes you a couple of mintues walk away.

If a car parking can be a bit hertic in the nearby area.

British air terminal, probably take a taxi if its that close.

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 22:32
Fly down,jump on the bus at Hatton Cross or catch the tube takes you straight there,be aware,Hounslow is an aquired tatse,I know a pinay who was mugged just off the high street several years ago :Erm:

jimeve
28th June 2009, 22:36
Fly down,jump on the bus at Hatton Cross or catch the tube takes you straight there,be aware,Hounslow is an aquired tatse,I know a pinay who was mugged just off the high street several years ago :Erm:

lambton park is in Hounslow ?

Tawi2
28th June 2009, 22:40
Yeah Mate,short walk from the high street,right opposite Hounslow central station.

jimeve
28th June 2009, 22:45
Yeah Mate,short walk from the high street,right opposite Hounslow central station.

thanks for that Tawi2. :)

somebody
28th June 2009, 22:54
British air terminal, probably take a taxi if its that close.

Terminal 5

Take a taxi:omg:

Tube mate will take you to almost the gates and your see on the left the park as your train pulls up to the station. its about quarter of an hour.

If you feel the urge you can take the 423 takes about 30mins. Stops at the treaty centre Shopping mall which is on the high street.

Hounslow is as tawi says some where you need to be on the look out. I was sitting with a matie in the pub down the road a few years back and a stabbing happened in the large bulidings now boarded up. Hardly anyone took any notice or even asked whats going on.

There are banks in the high street, do be warned as far as i know there are no bank machines (apart from the dodgy ones that charge you in corner shops) nearer.

jimeve
28th June 2009, 23:02
Terminal 5

Take a taxi:omg:

Tube mate will take you to almost the gates and your see on the left the park as your train pulls up to the station. its about quarter of an hour.

If you feel the urge you can take the 423 takes about 30mins. Stops at the treaty centre Shopping mall which is on the high street.

Hounslow is as tawi says some where you need to be on the look out. I was sitting with a matie in the pub down the road a few years back and a stabbing happened in the large bulidings now boarded up. Hardly anyone took any notice or even asked whats going on.

There are banks in the high street, do be warned as far as i know there are no bank machines (apart from the dodgy ones that charge you in corner shops) nearer.

thanks for that Andy, take the tube if thats advisable

Rheenah
21st July 2009, 23:07

Hi Joy, My husband and I are planning to go to Blackpool to see the Fiesta. Are you going?