PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Fishing

tiN
13th April 2009, 22:54
For those of u who dont know there's a program on Channel Five on Monday 20th at 9pm. Its about a Geordie ( British Actor) called Robson Green and he is doing a fishing trip in the Philippines.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Great TV entertainment worth watching :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Paul and tiN

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 22:58
lets see if we can get Mrs Major hooked on it... hehehehehe

sarahlee
13th April 2009, 23:06
For those of u who dont know there's a program on Channel Five on Monday 20th at 9pm. Its about a Geordie ( British Actor) called Robson Green and he is doing a fishing trip in the Philippines.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Paul and tiN

yes,we love it we love fishing especially in the philippines

trader dave
13th April 2009, 23:22
and he is not using a net or dynamite :NoNo::furious3:

Mrs.JMajor
13th April 2009, 23:49

:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: I thought you'll gonna say let see if I have time because Ligaya and Josh was there already,lol ,well thats my very Special Day,let see if i have my time :Cuckoo:

IainBusby
14th April 2009, 08:14
My wife seems to love all of these fishing programs like Trawlermen ect, but for some reason she can't stand Extreme Fishing. Maybe it's just Robson Green she's not too keen on. :Erm:
Iain.

tiN
14th April 2009, 09:04
yes,we love it we love fishing especially in the philippines

where do u usually go for fishing in the Philippines?

tiN
14th April 2009, 09:04
My wife seems to love all of these fishing programs like Trawlermen ect, but for some reason she can't stand Extreme Fishing. Maybe it's just Robson Green she's not too keen on. :Erm:
Iain.

Yeah he is an actor thats why, but he is very funny though:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
14th April 2009, 09:06
They have fish left in the Philippines? :Erm:

kimmi
14th April 2009, 11:07

Paul and tiN

thanks for sharing sis..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MarBell379
14th April 2009, 12:46
As luck would have it, I'm going to BE in the Philippines, with my girl, for the first time in 5 Months.
What a bugger eh, I'll miss it.
:smileybigtmouth:

Ann07
14th April 2009, 13:16

Paul and tiN

We watched it last night when he was in bangkok. We enjoyed it:D As usual my father in law reminded us:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Put a reminder coz we are both forgetful:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Looking forward for next week ,think he is going to siargao:)

Thanks sis for the info:)

mickcant
14th April 2009, 13:29
Hi all, :xxgrinning--00xx3: I watched it last night when he was in bangkok,some huge fish and am looking forward to next week when he is in the Philippines, He does eat some of his catch when allowed, I wonder if he will eat the eyes? :doh
Mick.

misscarie
14th April 2009, 13:29
Iain.

I watched that program lastnight thats why i forgot the extreme Fishing :doh

sarahlee
14th April 2009, 15:05
where do u usually go for fishing in the Philippines?

we go fishing somewhere in boholxxxxxx

Arthur Little
14th April 2009, 15:12

Paul and tiN

Thanks, Paul & Tin. I've made a mental note to watch this programme ... no, on reflection, it's better that I jot down the date, time and Channel ... as Myrna and myself have already had the misfortune to miss at least one other featuring the Phils [that I was later told about] in the five weeks she's been here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th April 2009, 15:31

Nice one Scott & Ligaya! :icon_lol: Now you've set me off wondering if a programme on fishing had been screened in Perth, an appropriate title would be "Salmonchanted Evening"?? :doh

As Paul and tiN will already be aware, Perth lies on the banks of the River Tay - famous for its salmon fisheries. The rest, I'll leave you to unravel yourselves, readers ...

JudyHon
14th April 2009, 15:41
Hiya Sis Tin,

Thanks for the info, i'm sure hubby will love it.

pennybarry
14th April 2009, 15:47

Paul and tiN

We watched that monday night when he was in Thailand. I fell asleep at 6:00 p.m. and awoke at 9:00:D
Looking forward for the next venue which is Philippines blue waters:BouncyHappy:

David House
14th April 2009, 16:21
I watched it last night on Thailand and it was interesting and funny, although most of the fishing seemed to be in stocked lakes, with species from all over the place. I prefer to fish in wild places myself! Interestingly though Connie and I met a couple in Hong Kong last week who have bought a few large parcels of land in Siargao, where it will be next week. They are convinced in the next "in" place and will make huge profits in future years. I will be doubly interested to watch the programme now.

As a sea angler I really want to see what the Philippines can offer. When our new house is finished, in Minglanilla, in the middle of this year and we have settled in, I fully intend to get myself a suitable boat and get out there. Our house has direct beach access so I will lay a mooring and then bring the boat ashore when we are not there. I prefer to get a hull type that I am familiar with, like a Dory, or even an aluminium boat for lightless. Does anyone have experience of this locally? I realise that the "bancas" are much cheaper but apart from the fact that they are the traditional construction locally is there any reason why that design is preferable. I intend to work with the locals, and not upset them by "stealing" their fish, although in truth I don't really expect to actually "take" very much and will return anything undersized. However does anyone have any more information about regulations, licences etc?

Finally, if you too are a sea angler and want to join this project then let me know. Fishing is always better done with a mate or two. Makes the SMB go down better.

pennybarry
14th April 2009, 16:45
I watched it last night on Thailand and it was interesting and funny, although most of the fishing seemed to be in stocked lakes, with species from all over the place. I prefer to fish in wild places myself! Interestingly though Connie and I met a couple in Hong Kong last week who have bought a few large parcels of land in Siargao, where it will be next week. They are convinced in the next "in" place and will make huge profits in future years. I will be doubly interested to watch the programme now.

As a sea angler I really want to see what the Philippines can offer. When our new house is finished, in Minglanilla, in the middle of this year and we have settled in, I fully intend to get myself a suitable boat and get out there. Our house has direct beach access so I will lay a mooring and then bring the boat ashore when we are not there. I prefer to get a hull type that I am familiar with, like a Dory, or even an aluminium boat for lightless. Does anyone have experience of this locally? I realise that the "bancas" are much cheaper but apart from the fact that they are the traditional construction locally is there any reason why that design is preferable. I intend to work with the locals, and not upset them by "stealing" their fish, although in truth I don't really expect to actually "take" very much and will return anything undersized. However does anyone have any more information about regulations, licences etc?

Finally, if you too are a sea angler and want to join this project then let me know. Fishing is always better done with a mate or two. Makes the SMB go down better.

Hubby ia an angler too Dave. He taught me more about Fly Fishing. I have my own fishing gear now:BouncyHappy: He said women can catch better than men because we have some hormones that attracts the fish:omg:. He's eager to go fishing in the Philippines when he learned that I have friends in Calatagan Batangas, Puerto Galera and Nasugbu:D
You can do fishing without any rod license in the Philippines, Dynamite fishing is illegal but still many fishermen violates the law:doh. Bancas are commonly used because most small fishermen cannot afford to buy fishing boats. If you are wealthy, you can have your own fish pond at the sea. In fresh water like Laguna de Bay, you can see loads of fish ponds in the middle of the bay:D

Unlike in the UK, fishing boat can only catch limited amount of fish and there must be certain size to be caught:doh And to angler, they need to get rod license:D

Ana_may365
14th April 2009, 18:01
i really love fishing:xxgrinning--00xx3:everytime when we are in pattaya,thailand we rent a small fishing boat with a captain on it.we start fishing at 6 am til 5 pm and its true:BouncyHappy:i catch more fish than the others who are with us in the boat.its 87 in total:BouncyHappy:and at 3 o'clock the helper of the captain fried some of the fish that we catch.we have a rice,fruits and also i bought[b4 we go to the pier.where the boat are]a papaya pokpok.its a thai foods but only bit spicy.and we go to an island and we have a picnic there.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:we always do this everytime when we are in pattaya:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:30
They have fish left in the Philippines? :Erm:

Think so Boss,:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Lets see what Robson will get:Erm::Erm::Erm:

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:30
thanks for sharing sis..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No prob sis,, anytime :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:32
We watched it last night when he was in bangkok. We enjoyed it:D As usual my father in law reminded us:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Put a reminder coz we are both forgetful:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Looking forward for next week ,think he is going to siargao:)

Thanks sis for the info:)

You have a sky sis right? why dont u just put a reminder on it and put the series link:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am sure you will not miss it when you do that..:icon_lol::icon_lol:

My husband is interested where they will go as he loves fishing alot:xxgrinning--00xx3::action-smiley-081:

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:34
Thanks, Paul & Tin. I've made a mental note to watch this programme ... no, on reflection, it's better that I jot down the date, time and Channel ... as Myrna and myself have already had the misfortune to miss at least one other featuring the Phils [that I was later told about] in the five weeks she's been here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No prob Arthur:)

Better not to forget it for Myrna:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Hope ur both ok.. Say my regards 2 her:)

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:35
Hiya Sis Tin,

Thanks for the info, i'm sure hubby will love it.

No prob sis:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
14th April 2009, 20:40
Hubby ia an angler too Dave. He taught me more about Fly Fishing. I have my own fishing gear now:BouncyHappy: He said women can catch better than men because we have some hormones that attracts the fish:omg:. He's eager to go fishing in the Philippines when he learned that I have friends in Calatagan Batangas, Puerto Galera and Nasugbu:D
You can do fishing without any rod license in the Philippines, Dynamite fishing is illegal but still many fishermen violates the law:doh. Bancas are commonly used because most small fishermen cannot afford to buy fishing boats. If you are wealthy, you can have your own fish pond at the sea. In fresh water like Laguna de Bay, you can see loads of fish ponds in the middle of the bay:D

Unlike in the UK, fishing boat can only catch limited amount of fish and there must be certain size to be caught:doh And to angler, they need to get rod license:D

Same as my husband, he is an angler. He tried to teach me the fly fishing method but i just cant get it. But i love the float fishing, using a spinning rod.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

In our next visit we are wanting to try go fishing there, but unfortunately i dont know any places where i can take him?:NoNo::NoNo:

But hey I will wait to see where Robson go and I might take him there the next time we visit home:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

irobot
14th April 2009, 21:54
Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest..." :Britain:

It is nice to so many fisher / people here on line, I started fishing when I very little but stopped:doh I was a course fisherman , beachcaster/ boat fisherman we even had our own 18 foot boat in the Bristol Channel.But one of my regrets were I never did get into fly fishing...pouts.., but there again I did do my fair share of game shooting...

Ahhhh... Almost forgot I too have watched a lot of the sky fishing programs and some times watch them twice...hows sad that !!!... The extreme fishing programs are interesting, the one which made me smile was on one he finished the day off by beachcasting for sharks and the bloke he was fishing with said anything under 6 to 7 foot is a tiddler and must be thrown back....Yikes...:yikes:.

Any ways.... Tight Lines ...Phil...

vbkelly
15th April 2009, 21:26
for the first time my husband catched the fish last year, he thought he catch a big fish but when he pulled the line it was only 3inches big hehe.

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 11:30
I was fishing in Pinas 2 weeks ago,in polomolok at Dolores,only small catfish maybe 1lb in weight.I fished in Bungsmaran/bungsamlan where Robson green fished and which featured in the Thailand "Extreme fishing" program,biggest fish that day was a 34kg pla-buk(siamese catfish)Ana,next time your in Pattaya Jomtien fishing park is a good place to go,plenty of fish,never blanked there once :xxgrinning--00xx3:Best fishing I did in Pinas was in Sulu&Jolo with the Badjao catching Trevally but the biggest fish I ever saw landed were in Gensan at the Tuna ports several weeks ago,real monsters,will be interesting to see if Robson goes after those?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 15:16
Just found this pic of the small cat-fish in Dolores resorts stock-ponds,and a pawikan some guys caught in Zambo,highly illegal to catch turtles according to DENR friends,but the eggs were also on sale in Zambo market.

tiN
16th April 2009, 17:42
for the first time my husband catched the fish last year, he thought he catch a big fish but when he pulled the line it was only 3inches big hehe.

He needs some practise sis:doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Try this year as it seems a good season, my husband caught three 2 pounder :dohrainbow trout yesterday for my paksiw:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 18:18
Rainbow trout taste great on the BBQ :xxgrinning--00xx3:But i prefer tuna belly:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
16th April 2009, 22:08
Rainbow trout taste great on the BBQ :xxgrinning--00xx3:But i prefer tuna belly:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: I love it...

I always fry it and have bagoong and chili :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

vbkelly
16th April 2009, 22:16
He needs some practise sis:doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Try this year as it seems a good season, my husband caught three 2 pounder :dohrainbow trout yesterday for my paksiw:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

hehe yeah he want to try again this year and he want to buy a proper line the big one, so he's going fishing with my bro and cousins. wow sis ang sarap naman ng paksiw mo fresh fish talaga

trader dave
17th April 2009, 23:50
hi david

there is the 2nd game fishing tournamont in Siargao, in may apparently it was a success last year i know there is one guy from uk going i am getting married in cdo at that time so no time for fishing :doh http://www.sportfishingasia.com/ there a section on that forum philippines

i am an angler in uk sea and freshwater i am very intersted in siargoa i am looking at my options were to retire to and am very interested in that area :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
17th April 2009, 23:57
Dave,if you scope out the fishing potential around Siargao then please jot down your experiences,I am normally in the visayas and Mindanao for a month or two each year and would gladly share the cost of a boat with you on my next trip if you fancy wetting a line sometime :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
18th April 2009, 02:16
hi tawi 2 i am always up for some fishing just have more pressing matters on at the moment :icon_lol: what with the marriage then more to the point getting the wife here little bit difficult to plan much at the moment :D without turning this into a fishing forum there are english ex pats all ready there they can help you or anyone who wants to try to find some angling in the philippines just pop into the site i linked before i notice you are in surrey the guy who is fishing the tournamont is from sittingbourne in kent

you can send me a [pm over there if you want to exchange a phone number]:Hellooo:

Tawi2
18th April 2009, 08:16
I will send you my smart-buddy roaming number Dave :xxgrinning--00xx3:I know loads of guys over there,but only one a swiss national who actually fishes,and even then he is a pier fisherman,it would be good to wet a line offshore with a skipper who knows the area :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
19th April 2009, 16:19
Dont forget the Extreme Fishing tomorrow at 9pm channel five :Hellooo:

mickcant
19th April 2009, 20:02
Thank you,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I will set my recorder tonight just in case I foget tomorrow.
Mick.:BouncyHappy:

somebody
19th April 2009, 20:48

Thanks for the Reminder:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ps Robson said the Cheques in the post:D

aromulus
19th April 2009, 20:55
Did catch a stickle back once.... Does it count....?:Erm:

somebody
19th April 2009, 20:57
Did catch a stickle back once.... Does it count....?:Erm:
Makes you a chamption all i ever managed on night fishing trips was catching a cold:D

tiN
20th April 2009, 10:43
Thanks for the Reminder:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ps Robson said the Cheques in the post:D

No problem

Enjoy watching it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
20th April 2009, 21:03
Philippines is on now..............................:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
20th April 2009, 22:28
Selling the fish in the market place at the beginning he said 200 "Pesetas" :Erm:Has pinas a new currency :Erm:

tiN
20th April 2009, 22:53
I was expecting him going to different places but he just stayed in Siargao. And he havent catch a good fish. :rolleyes:

It is just to show also how bad dynamite fishing and the fish gone all missing:NoNo::NoNo:

Poor sea :doh:doh

mickcant
20th April 2009, 23:43
I was expecting him going to different places but he just stayed in Siargao. And he havent catch a good fish. :rolleyes:

It is just to show also how bad dynamite fishing and the fish gone all missing:NoNo::NoNo:

Poor sea :doh:doh
And knowing how much the people rely on fish to eat there does seem to be a lack of them, how could they cope if a miminum size was orderd to build the sise up though :Erm:
Mick.

Tawi2
20th April 2009, 23:47
It would be impossible to implement a size restriction Mick,how can anyone tell a man with 8 kids the 9 ounce fish he is catching are too small to keep and he should release them even though his kids are hungry?Turtles are protected there yet I saw turtle eggs for sale in Zambo and pawikan shells everywhere :NoNo:

pennybarry
21st April 2009, 06:28

I tried to watch it although I was too sleepy:doh What a beautiful sea but seems only few fish left. :bigcry::bigcry:Poor Robson, he looks really hungry waiting for any fish to eat:doh
Wish the sanctuary will help Siargao:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Are Politicians there busy for election 2010?

Selling the fish in the market place at the beginning he said 200 "Pesetas" :Erm:Has pinas a new currency :Erm:

No!:D Some old folks still used spanish term for peso as peseta:D

Tawi2
21st April 2009, 08:53
Thats true Penny,but Robson is in his mid 40's,not exactly tigulang,and neither does he speak chabacano :icon_lol: