PDA

View Full Version : What a marvel...!!!!

aromulus
12th April 2009, 14:53
I always thought of myself as a good allround cook.
Apart from learning by looking at what my Mother and grandmother used to do, I also spent a few years in Catering college and most of my life in the Hospitality Industry, running and cooking in restaurants, hotels and outside catering.

Jet has the incredible knack in copying me and improve on what I have been doing in the kitchen, but also to improvise and create the most delicate and tasty recipes.

Recently we attended Judith's and Shawn wedding, and one of the many things that impressed my wife was the superb dessert served at the reception, a "Chocolate fondant" .....
She found a recipe online and managed to re-create it perfectly at the second attempt. I am still licking my fingers.......:D
Apart from that, lately she has been baking superb apple and banana cakes, again just by following online recipes.
But this is not all, whatever she puts her hand at, it comes out absolutely perfect.

I am piling the weight on, as she is using us as laboratory rats for her cooking experiments and if I must pass on, I will die a happy man indeed....:D

I feel humbled really, I have now conceded in the kitchen where once I ruled as master.:ARsurrender:

Jet Happy Easter,
Mahal na mahal Kita asawa ko.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
12th April 2009, 21:49
Apart from learning by looking at what my Mother and grandmother used to do, I also spent a few years in Catering college and most of my life in the Hospitality Industry, running and cooking in restaurants, hotels and outside catering.

Jet has the incredible knack in copying me and improve on what I have been doing in the kitchen, but also to improvise and create the most delicate and tasty recipes.

Recently we attended Judith's and Shawn wedding, and one of the many things that impressed my wife was the superb dessert served at the reception, a "Chocolate fondant" .....
She found a recipe online and managed to re-create it perfectly at the second attempt. I am still licking my fingers.......:D
Apart from that, lately she has been baking superb apple and banana cakes, again just by following online recipes.
But this is not all, whatever she puts her hand at, it comes out absolutely perfect.

I am piling the weight on, as she is using us as laboratory rats for her cooking experiments and if I must pass on, I will die a happy man indeed....:D

I feel humbled really, I have now conceded in the kitchen where once I ruled as master.:ARsurrender:

Jet Happy Easter,

Does Jet call you "Boky ko" Dom?:icon_lol:

Sophie
12th April 2009, 21:59

Jet Happy Easter,

Good for you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Lucky guy :xxgrinning--00xx3: Maybe i should start making those sweets for my hubby too but i'm worried he might gain some more :doh Since i got here, he got bigger because i was feeding him with "all meat and rice feast" :icon_lol: And i've only been here a month. :omg: What more if i add up sweets on the daily menu on top of the rice and meat feast :doh:D

Mrs.JMajor
12th April 2009, 22:12
Jet Happy Easter,

Another guy expressing how he love the filipina wife,
aside from aposhark
aside from scottligaya
aside from...................who else :Erm:

:icon_lol:

irobot
12th April 2009, 22:40
Irobot..." Sunny Different From The Rest...":Britain:

HI there aromulus, I too have been the Lab Rat in the Philippine food eating contest, my retired friend who is married to a Philippine woman who I call my adopted Mom and Dad she seems to feed my up loads when I arrive for a meal,egg fried rice, noodles with veg, deep fried chicken pieces in bread crumbs, mild pork curry,deep fried button mushrooms in batter,baby spring rolls....then banana cake,tea..... as round one.....then sandwiches and nibbles like crisp ect with a different cake all home made like battenberge and a afternoon cup of tea .... round two.... then round three it`s tea time more sandwiches or chicken at least one sweet with cream or ice cream and perhaps a traditional Philippine sweet too....... And Bless when its time to go home a carrier bag full of goodies too,...some she had freshly cooked to take home.... Phil...

scott&ligaya
12th April 2009, 23:18
:Rasp:hehehehehe, I think we are all spoiled by our asawas cooking, especially yhe portion size, I often joke with my honey by saying

oh you have invited friends round have you!!!

her mate is even worse,,,, when we go there our doggy bag is bigger then my normal meal :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Cannot wait until my princess is back on Tuesday ( 29 hours now Mrs Major)

looking forward to Tinola, Bulalo, Kaldereta, lumpia, plus my fovoutite malaysian beef rendang:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Sophie
12th April 2009, 23:31
[QUOTE=scott&ligaya;127214]:Rasp:hehehehehe, I think we are all spoiled by our asawas cooking, especially yhe portion size, I often joke with my honey by saying

oh you have invited friends round have you!!!

:icon_lol: My husband always tease me thesame thing, coz i always cook in big portions (i know he likes to munch a lot :icon_lol:), so everytime he comes home for dinner, he would tell me "baby, who else are we having dinner with tonight?" :icon_lol::D

Piamed
15th April 2009, 14:21
I can relate to that Dom

Although not a master chef, I could turn out a few dishes that folks around me liked. Pia always told me that she would try to learn sme dishes but was not a good cook. Her family even joked that i'd send her back once I realised what her cooking was like.

Pia has totally amazed me. She is an excellent cook and her carrot cake is a sort after delicacy among our friends, to the extent that she has satrted cooking more than 1 and in large containers also. Now we have been invitated to share a catering stand at the Yorkshire Barrio Fiesta. Asawa ko is full of surprises.

KeithD
15th April 2009, 14:23
My wife does great boiled chips :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
15th April 2009, 16:53
I can relate to that Dom

Although not a master chef, I could turn out a few dishes that folks around me liked. Pia always told me that she would try to learn sme dishes but was not a good cook. Her family even joked that i'd send her back once I realised what her cooking was like.
Pia has totally amazed me. She is an excellent cook and her carrot cake is a sort after delicacy among our friends, to the extent that she has satrted cooking more than 1 and in large containers also. Now we have been invitated to share a catering stand at the Yorkshire Barrio Fiesta. Asawa ko is full of surprises.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Well done Pia!
I kind of relate to her story... lol
Back home: I hated cooking. I hated long preparations. I hated slicing vegies, chopping meats etc hehe, not to mention the cleaning, washing & putting away all used utensils...
But don't get me wrong I know the basics hehe :rolleyes:
My motto was "Fools prepare, wise men eat!" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Let others do it for you... hehe:Erm:

Until I came here...
I starved hahahaha...:furious3::furious3::yikes::icon_lol:
Now I am loving it! Especially if someone will ask for 2nd helpings :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: It's brill!

My motto now:
Don't starve yourself & be not lazy... COOK! :D

misscarie
15th April 2009, 17:13
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Well done Pia!
I kind of relate to her story... lol
Back home: I hated cooking. I hated long preparations. I hated slicing vegies, chopping meats etc hehe, not to mention the cleaning, washing & putting away all used utensils...
But don't get me wrong I know the basics hehe :rolleyes:
My motto was "Fools prepare, wise men eat!" :xxgrinning--00xx3: Let others do it for you... hehe:Erm:

My motto now:
Don't starve yourself & be not lazy... COOK! :D

I remember back home ... my papa used to cook for me he even prepare my merienda ( spoiled :D ) all i do is to sleep and eat and wait for simon to come online.But everything has changed since i get here in UK.

Now,have to go to the store, prepare our foods ,cook for my husband make his kape and toast and clean the house "sometimes" :rolleyes: and bake cakes aswell :D i enjoyed it :BouncyHappy:

I'm spoiled still :BouncyHappy:

Jay&Zobel
15th April 2009, 17:41
I remember back home ... my papa used to cook for me he even prepare my merienda ( spoiled :D ) all i do is to sleep and eat and wait for simon to come online.But everything has changed since i get here in UK.
Now,have to go to the store, prepare our foods ,cook for my husband make his kape and toast and clean the house "sometimes" :rolleyes: and bake cakes aswell :D i enjoyed it :BouncyHappy:

I'm spoiled still :BouncyHappy:

TRUE TRUE TRUE...

It all begins here... CHANGE HAHAHAA!
Good luck to those who are spoiled in the PI hehe... Prepare yourself when you get here.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
15th April 2009, 19:36
TRUE TRUE TRUE...

Good luck to those who are spoiled in the PI hehe... Prepare yourself when you get here.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE :xxgrinning--00xx3: BIG CHANGE INDEED! :doh
No more mom to spoil me and no more maid to look after and take care of everything i need and all the household work.
Now i do all of that here. But to my surprise, i actually enjoy it, specially cooking :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I just love it, and my hubby being so appreciative of my cooking and effort inspires me evenmore :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: But my hubby still spoils me, just not in the kitchen though, i spoil him on that area. But other than that, he still spoils me in so many ways and is still ever so patient with my "bunso" tantrums and mood swings :NoNo::NoNo: I just feel glad i married a great guy :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure most of the filipinas in this forum can say thesame thing about their husbands :xxgrinning--00xx3:

misscarie
15th April 2009, 20:39
TRUE TRUE TRUE...

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: it all begins here :D

Sophie

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE BIG CHANGE INDEED!
No more mom to spoil me and no more maid to look after and take care of everything i need and all the household work.
Now i do all of that here. But to my surprise, i actually enjoy it, specially cooking I just love it, and my hubby being so appreciative of my cooking and effort inspires me evenmore But my hubby still spoils me, just not in the kitchen though, i spoil him on that area. But other than that, he still spoils me in so many ways and is still ever so patient with my "bunso" tantrums and mood swings I just feel glad i married a great guy I'm sure most of the filipinas in this forum can say thesame thing about their husbands

same here , my husband spoils me alot even in so many ways :D

Jay&Zobel
15th April 2009, 20:56
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE :xxgrinning--00xx3: BIG CHANGE INDEED! :doh
Now i do all of that here. But to my surprise, i actually enjoy it, specially cooking :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I just love it, and my hubby being so appreciative of my cooking and effort inspires me evenmore :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: But my hubby still spoils me, just not in the kitchen though, i spoil him on that area. But other than that, he still spoils me in so many ways and is still ever so patient with my "bunso" tantrums and mood swings :NoNo::NoNo: I just feel glad i married a great guy :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure most of the filipinas in this forum can say thesame thing about their husbands :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: it all begins here :D
same here , my husband spoils me alot even in so many ways :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just feels great to be married :D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::cwm38::cwm38::cwm38: