PDA

View Full Version : need advice please

Sophie
11th April 2009, 11:56
I've been here a month and i'm planning to get a job. I tried filling out a job application form and there's a portion there asking about Previous Work Experience. My question is, since i've only been here a month and no job experience yet here in the UK, can i put my previous work experience in the philippines and the companies i worked for there instead? Or will they not consider that? If they won't, should i leave that portion in the application form blank? Or are there any better ways and options u can suggest? I could use some advice :)

tiger@tigress
11th April 2009, 12:00
Yes put the details of all your previous experience in the Philippines.

Sophie
11th April 2009, 12:06
Yes put the details of all your previous experience in the Philippines.

ok, thank you tigger :)

scott&ligaya
11th April 2009, 14:39
yes list your previous jobs but be aware that your qualifications and experience will not be as highly rated as it would at home in the Phils

good luck

Ann07
11th April 2009, 15:44
I've been here a month and i'm planning to get a job. I tried filling out a job application form and there's a portion there asking about Previous Work Experience. My question is, since i've only been here a month and no job experience yet here in the UK, can i put my previous work experience in the philippines and the companies i worked for there instead? Or will they not consider that? If they won't, should i leave that portion in the application form blank? Or are there any better ways and options u can suggest? I could use some advice :)

Yes, include you previous work experience in the PI.
Goodluck :)

islander
11th April 2009, 15:59
try to visit your nearest jobcentre plus, you can find job hirings there also...

don't worry, you'll find job soon... Good Luck!

tiN
11th April 2009, 16:01

Yep better include it Sophie:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Sophie
11th April 2009, 17:16
THANK YOU GUYS :):):) You've been all very helpful :)

Sophie
11th April 2009, 17:18
yes list your previous jobs but be aware that your qualifications and experience will not be as highly rated as it would at home in the Phils

good luck

Ok, copy that :) Thanks for the advice :)

vbkelly
11th April 2009, 18:29
yeah every one is right put your previous jobs in the philippines, best of luck to you hunting a new job!

quickwillow
12th April 2009, 15:26
Yes the more information the better, good luck hope you secede

allyn
12th April 2009, 22:10

hello po...
just include your job experience in the philippines, just to show them that you have done or you have such experience..and another advice be confident when you got a call from the companies you applied for,,,show them, tell them or sell your capabilities to them,,,tell them that even tho your past job is not here in uk, you are still capable and flexible to the job here...
good luck in your job hunting:BouncyHappy:

Sophie
12th April 2009, 22:21
hello po...
just include your job experience in the philippines, just to show them that you have done or you have such experience..and another advice be confident when you got a call from the companies you applied for,,,show them, tell them or sell your capabilities to them,,,tell them that even tho your past job is not here in uk, you are still capable and flexible to the job here...
good luck in your job hunting:BouncyHappy:

Thank you allyn, i will keep that in mind :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thank you too quickwillow and vbkelly :)