PDA

View Full Version : My Country too

badgrimly
11th April 2009, 01:36
Hi i am going to say some thing here that i suppose has been said many times before, I was born in Belfast I have lived here all my life give or take a few i lived through all the troubles here and am as much an Irish man as any one else born here, So why should some trumped up blue coller pen pusher have the right to tell me who i can and cannot marry and bring to live with me in my house. I did not agree to some one else deciding rules for me or give away my right to decide what is best for me, but it has been taken! Oh i know all about the immigratin arguements and i think to a point it is an important thing, but i should be able to bring my own wife home with out haveing to prove that i love her or that she is not some kind of spy. y ou only have one wife so it is not that there are going to be more than one per family and i think it should have a different catagory to other immigrant visas. You know they say we live in a free country, well let me tell you, you do till you try to step outside the lines that have been drawn for you, then you will see how free it is, they will take your house your faimly and your freeden with any excuse they need. It seems to me that the people that are supposed to be serving the public are in fact doing the oppisit ie "the cctv camaras are there for your safty" really! They are there to watch all you do and if it is not PC then you are in it up to your neck, I used to think all the conspircy stuff was nonsence till i happened to be put in the position that i was on the radar, then i saw the true picture. Like that poor guy was walking home and the police man threw him to the ground for nothing it goes on all the time. I am a law abiding person i dont drink or smoke and im not as young as i used to be but even I am becoming waery of the system we live under. I know I will probibly get slamed for this but it is called a rant, and on refection it is more emotion than coherant but there you go, any way if you got this far thanks for bothering.

aposhark
11th April 2009, 01:58
I have often thought about this issue, especially when waiting for my wife to finally join me, but I can see why it happens.

I think marriage has often been abused for economic gain.
There have been so many false marriages in the past to get people into the UK, and other "wealthy" countries with respect to third world countries.

Prostitution is caused by women not having enough money, and if checks are not done there would be hundreds of thousands of women entering the UK to make money for organised crime organisations.

Sadly for us, waiting is one of the pitfalls of marrying a lady from the Philippines.

I just don't understand why it costs us £500+ to get our documents checked.

(Hi badgrimly, just a suggestion: please break your paragraph into sentences....much easier to read......Thanks)

Mrs.JMajor
11th April 2009, 02:09
then i saw the true picture. Like that poor guy was walking home and the police man threw him to the ground for nothing it goes on all the time.
I watched that:bigcry:

(

I thought you gonna say,why need to pay 500£ to get your wife to live with you :D:Britain:

Alan
11th April 2009, 02:11
Agree with Apo. My wife and I are coming up for 2 years of marriage and I am nowhere nearer bringing her to the UK than I was when we were married. (In fact, further away.)

So, the UK is missing a bloody good teacher (Well, if I don't say it, nobody will) and is also missing a girl who works SOOO hard!!!

Still, rules is rules - we have to abide by them I suppose - unless you are a criminal, then it appears that the law is on your side!:cwm23:

Mini rant over. Happy Easter.

Al.:)

joebloggs
11th April 2009, 06:36
"the cctv camaras are there for your safty" really! They are there to watch all you do and if it is not PC then you are in it up to your neck, I used to think all the conspircy stuff was nonsence till i happened to be put in the position that i was on the radar, then i saw the true picture. Like that poor guy was walking home and the police man threw him to the ground for nothing it goes on all the time.

if not for all the cameras,press and cctv that poor guy would not have been caught on film being hit and pushed by the plod :doh

I think marriage has often been abused for economic gain.
There have been so many false marriages in the past to get people into the UK, and other "wealthy" countries with respect to third world countries.

(Hi badgrimly, just a suggestion: please break your paragraph into sentences....much easier to read......Thanks)

that's still going on now,more than ever,your getting non Europeans (many overstayers, people illegally here, students) marrying brits/ but mainly eastern Europeans in the UK, taking advantage of EC immigration laws, COA now free, past immigration history doesn't count -ok if you broke British immigration law, cost of the family permit is free, they don't even have to go back to their own country - but you would if you were married to a brit. stay married for 3yrs and you can stay for good and oh then get divorced :D

it will cost you more than £500, you got ilr to pay for, citizenship.. but your lucky, its cost me nearly £5000, for the misses and kids in visa fees. :bigcry::censored: and because she's married to a brit and not a european, another £3000 to be allowed do the job shes trained most of her life for :cwm23:

seeing your in northern Ireland have you got a Irish and British passport ? if so use the EC route to get your wife here, its free and easier

Agree with Apo. My wife and I are coming up for 2 years of marriage and I am nowhere nearer bringing her to the UK than I was when we were married. (In fact, further away.)

So, the UK is missing a bloody good teacher (Well, if I don't say it, nobody will) and is also missing a girl who works SOOO hard!!!

Still, rules is rules - we have to abide by them I suppose - unless you are a criminal, then it appears that the law is on your side!:cwm23:

i didn't know your wife was a teacher Al :D

another 2 years Al (4yrs of being married outside the uk) things will be a bit easier for you to come back to the uk.

as for rules, there are few if your a european in the uk, but many if your a brit :doh

adam&chryss
11th April 2009, 13:40
I agree with your sentiments there, it does seem wrong.
As far as the guy in London is concerned, he was a drunk alcoholic that hung around for 1 hour and 20 mins AFTER being told to go home by the police.
No one deserves to die and I know that but for christs sake if the police ask you to move on DONT stay there for another hour or so.
Also wasn`t it outside the Bank of England?
If so well thats in the city and he didnt look like a city worker so i`m not sure about the "way home " bit!
I dont know why its so hard for Filipinos to come here, they arnt terrorists and dont cause trouble.
It makes you sick when you hear about people being arrested in the north west on terrorist charges who gained student visas and such just to come here and cause trouble yet your wife has to prove so many things to the authorities.
Good luck with that, I hope it goes well for you and once shes there with you it`ll all be worth it!

joebloggs
11th April 2009, 15:03
As far as the guy in London is concerned, he was a drunk alcoholic that hung around for 1 hour and 20 mins AFTER being told to go home by the police.

i thought the cops boxed everyone in and stopped them going any where, it showed on the news he tired to get home, but all the streets were blocked by the cops.

as for being a drunk alcoholic, you've not been in his shoes, so you don't why he ended up like that. might not be all his fault..

It makes you sick when you hear about people being arrested in the north west on terrorist charges who gained student visas and such just to come here and cause trouble yet your wife has to prove so many things to the authorities.

now the Pakistani gov said the British gov should have asked them to do checks on them b4 being granted a visa as they don't,, :Erm: now my misses was told her delay was caused by local checks, and i know others have been given the same excuse why their visa is taking so long,,

i thought these local checks would have been with the phils police, looking at this, it turns out it might not be :cwm23:, so what local checks can the embassy in the phils do on my wife without the help of the phils local or national police.. the excuse is a load of :censored:

badgrimly
11th April 2009, 20:08
Thanks for the comments guys, you know it wouldent be that hard to make it possible to check that people are still together after a couple of years and that after say ten years they leave you alone i could put up with that, and i am sure other checks and balances could be put in place.
I have been with my wife for four years and it is so hard to not be with her i want to bring her home i need her very much i have a nine year old child needs a mother. Any way i know some of you are in the same boat and i feel doe you as i know how hard it is. HAPPY EASTER TO ALL.

aposhark
11th April 2009, 21:00
Keep plugging away badgrimly, you'll get there in the end....

adam&chryss
11th April 2009, 21:01
i thought the cops boxed everyone in and stopped them going any where, it showed on the news he tired to get home, but all the streets were blocked by the cops.

as for being a drunk alcoholic, you've not been in his shoes, so you don't why he ended up like that. might not be all his fault..

now the Pakistani gov said the British gov should have asked them to do checks on them b4 being granted a visa as they don't,, :Erm: now my misses was told her delay was caused by local checks, and i know others have been given the same excuse why their visa is taking so long,,

i thought these local checks would have been with the phils police, looking at this, it turns out it might not be :cwm23:, so what local checks can the embassy in the phils do on my wife without the help of the phils local or national police.. the excuse is a load of :censored:

You`re quite right I havnt been in his shoes, thats fair.
I`m using the stereotype of drunken Millwall fans that i`ve met in my time of watching local football.
I`m sorry he`s dead, and i`m sure his 9 kids are too.
My point is more that being an alcoholic smoker is more than likely the cause of his death, not a push or a thump.
Anyway, back to the original subject.
Good luck with your wife Mr Badgrimly!

Eljohno
11th April 2009, 22:32
Are you saying that you have been married for 4 years and still not able to bring your wife here or have i picked things up wrong?

If you have been turned down or the process slowed down then please explain more.

I have lived near Belfast for years also by the way!

sysop
12th April 2009, 06:50
well, I've waited 1½ year (so far) for my wife and kids to be able to come here, but unlike Alan I'm now finally 1 step further ...... wife turned in the visa application and gets her interview on the 30th. So in 12+ weeks, she'll have her visa.
And just like you guys there in the UK, the danish people are treated just as rotten and have less priviliges than the one of the EU.

But beside from that, happy easter to you all :)

joebloggs
12th April 2009, 09:26
well, I've waited 1½ year (so far) for my wife and kids to be able to come here, but unlike Alan I'm now finally 1 step further ...... wife turned in the visa application and gets her interview on the 30th. So in 12+ weeks, she'll have her visa.
And just like you guys there in the UK, the danish people are treated just as rotten and have less priviliges than the one of the EU.

But beside from that, happy easter to you all :)

that's a problem, if your married for a long time and your wife is still in the phils for what ever reason, the cheeky :censored: ask your misses to come for an interview, and yet those who only just got married or apply for a fiancee visa rarely do :doh, surely if your still married and applying for a settlement visa, that's all the evidence you need to show your marriage is genuine :doh

good luck sysop i'm sure your wife will be granted her visa straight after the interview :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sysop
12th April 2009, 10:24
that's a problem, if your married for a long time and your wife is still in the phils for what ever reason, the cheeky :censored: ask your misses to come for an interview, and yet those who only just got married or apply for a fiancee visa rarely do :doh, surely if your still married and applying for a settlement visa, that's all the evidence you need to show your marriage is genuine :doh

good luck sysop i'm sure your wife will be granted her visa straight after the interview :xxgrinning--00xx3:

know exactly what you mean. I have this friend who just married a chinese girl a few weeks ago. 1 week after their marriage she got her visa (actually, 3 days after they applied, they called and said come and get it), no interviews, no walking around in circles to get papers and no need for him to show latest tax return documents :NoNo:

hehe thanks ..... if wife is really really Really lucky, it will only take 9-10 weeks after the interview. How long does it 'usually' take for a spouse visa in the UK??

joebloggs
12th April 2009, 10:41
end of last year it was taking as long as 10/11 wks , i think its back down to 6wks now on average,,

5 years ago, it took my misses nearly 3 months, until i had enough of waiting and complained. so waiting is nothing new :doh

sysop
12th April 2009, 10:59
6 weeks isn't that bad, but still it makes one wonder how it can take that long to find out if two people are legally married.

maybe we should just do as fred, move down there, kick back and relax :D

joebloggs
12th April 2009, 11:06
usual excuse is 'local checks' but they didn't do local checks on those 10 Pakistani students who were planning to blow up Manchester :doh

if they can grant FLR/ILR same day here in the UK for those who will pay the premium rate, why cant they grant a settlement visa same day ? other countries can and do, even the british embassy in some countries only takes a few days, why not in the phils ???

sysop
12th April 2009, 11:13
we ask the same thing in our danish forums .... it's especially bad in the phils and we have some very bad experiences with 'our' embassy in Manila. They terrorize the girls until they run crying their heart out

joebloggs
12th April 2009, 11:28
not as bad as the british embassy in thailand, a british guy and his thai wife applied for settlement visas for her 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs old), the kids were called for an interview at the british embassy and thier aunt was refused to be allowed to sit in the interview, and they were question/interrogated on their own, no surprise both left crying and were refused a visa.. :cwm23:

sysop
12th April 2009, 11:41
not as bad as the british embassy in thailand, a british guy and his thai wife applied for settlement visas for her 2 kids (5 and 7 yrs old), the kids were called for an interview at the british embassy and thier aunt was refused to be allowed to sit in the interview, and they were question/interrogated on their own, no surprise both left crying and were refused a visa.. :cwm23:

:Erm: that's standard for us. Only one person at the time during all procedures in Manila. Their excuse is; room too small :icon_lol:
What they are afraid of is of course that the employee will not have the same power at hand if there was a person who took care of the applicants rights and could kick some :action-smiley-081:

The consulate in Cebu is much better but unfortunally wifey lives too far from there

keithAngel
12th April 2009, 22:01
My point is more that being an alcoholic smoker is more than likely the cause of his death, not a push or a thump.

I havnt the film of him pouring whiskey over his head and bursting into flames is it on U Tube?:NoNo:

irobot
13th April 2009, 00:27
Irobot..." Sunny... Different From The Rest..."

Hey you Guy`s..... What's the world record so to speak on this forum in Time Wise from a starting email or hello to the finish line of having your true love / wife, Land On British Soil With all the right Paperwork Done...?? ...Happy Easter Every Bunny......Phil...

adam&chryss
13th April 2009, 09:07
I havnt the film of him pouring whiskey over his head and bursting into flames is it on U Tube?:NoNo:

I was led to beleive that being an alcoholic and a smoker was bad for the heart, like it could cause a heart attack?
Must be wrong.....:NoNo:
Better get down the off-licence now :BouncyHappy:

keithAngel
13th April 2009, 10:17
To the chase I don't think it wise to support behaviour that is clearly inappropriate, every citizen has the right to expect proper treatment from the Police if he was causing obstruction he could have been arrested using "Reasonable" behaviour and the concept of "minimum force"

What ive seen is a guy with his hands in his pockets back to the officers being violently struck to the ground nothing to do with what he eats ,drinks or smokes If i had seen one of my guys doing that he would be dismissed at once regardless of the outcome .

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 10:33
i saw on the news, the guy was trying to get home, but with the cops everywhere, he couldn't, he wasn't a protester, i'm sure if you had been told to keep moving by cops and you had done nothing wrong, and they wouldn't let you get home, you would tell them where to go sooner or later..

and why was the cop masking his face ? anyway i thought a second post-mortem is being carried to find the cause of his death, and as for drinking and smoking many people who do both, live past his age:Erm:..

adam&chryss
13th April 2009, 10:56
Quite true, also lots of people receive blows to their body in fights and such and don`t have a heartattacks.
Of course its not easy to say the cause of his death and thats why theres a second post mortem.
Just as I havnt been an alcoholic and in his shoes, also I havnt been a policeman in London and in theirs.
I guess none of us will really know what happened and its a shame that someone has died through what was supposed to be a peaceful protest.

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 11:17
I havnt been a policeman in London and in theirs.

i spent 2yrs on a pre-police course when i left school, some of the things i seen and heard was not nice, there was a number of sexist, racist police, intimidating, irresponsible and should never have held a position of power over people.

adam&chryss
13th April 2009, 12:15
Anyway, back to the subject.
Its a shame if you`ve been married or engaged for a few years that you have to go to such lengths to prove your relationship. Maybe I can understand if you`ve met and married in a short space of time.
When you see/hear about the sort of people that come here it makes you all the more frustrated.
I personally beleive that if a certain country continually provides terrorists or their like then we should shut our borders to anyone from that country til they sort their own lot out.
As Phil provides us with so many carers, nurses and such I cant see why it should be made so difficult for them to come here.
Are they scared we`ll run out of Soy/Oyster sauce? :cwm12:

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 12:36
Anyway, back to the subject.
Its a shame if you`ve been married or engaged for a few years that you have to go to such lengths to prove your relationship. Maybe I can understand if you`ve met and married in a short space of time.
When you see/hear about the sort of people that come here it makes you all the more frustrated.
I personally beleive that if a certain country continually provides terrorists or their like then we should shut our borders to anyone from that country til they sort their own lot out.
As Phil provides us with so many carers, nurses and such I cant see why it should be made so difficult for them to come here.
Are they scared we`ll run out of Soy/Oyster sauce? :cwm12:

as I've said b4, i use to work with 2 Libyan brothers, their mother was a brit, so they had brit passports, they met their wife's in an arranged marriage, but they did meet for an hour in a tent in the desert, where they talked, and then after the girl was asked , did she want to marry him, this was xmas eve, they married and she was in the uk by the 20th of jan.

prove of a relationship 1hr, visa processing time a few days, and brits have to provide letters, pics, etc and prove your relationship is genuine, and wait months for a visa .. :doh

and i forgot to mention, Libya is one a few countries on a HO Watch list, where everyone is supposed to be thoroughly vetted :doh

Alan
13th April 2009, 13:44
A serious question. Does anybody know of another country that has such rigorous immigration regulations regarding Filipino nationals?

Why the Philippines?

Do they have such a bad reputation as to warrant the 'stringency' imposed upon them?

aposhark
13th April 2009, 14:41
A serious question. Does anybody know of another country that has such rigorous immigration regulations regarding Filipino nationals?

Why the Philippines?

Do they have such a bad reputation as to warrant the 'stringency' imposed upon them?

Yes,
I believe it takes far longer for Filipinos to get visas to go to the USA.
We have it relatively easy!

somebody
13th April 2009, 15:41
You`re quite right I havnt been in his shoes, thats fair.
I`m using the stereotype of drunken Millwall fans that i`ve met in my time of watching local football.
I`m sorry he`s dead, and i`m sure his 9 kids are too.
Anyway, back to the original subject.
Good luck with your wife Mr Badgrimly!

Whats Drunken millwall fans got to do with being trapped in a part of London?

So when you went to those football matchs you never saw the police taking off their number tags (the way you can ID them).
I have been to football matches all over the UK and the most scary people at the games are nearly always a section of the Police who are up for a bit of a row.
Of course there are football fans who like to be idiots.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/rod_liddle/article6078095.ece

Sorry a Police officer whacking a bloke who from two camera angles appear to say or do nothing apart from not moving out of the way quickly enough deserved to get it.
Yes a whack from a really scared police officer surrounded by plenty of other police officers agasint a Indivudal. Who decided with all his might to whack a man walking away from him.

I have seen the news stand that he worked on numerious times and never seen any gentleman i felt cor they need a good whacking by a police man.

He wore a Millwall shirt maybe because he's in the east end just a few miles from the ground, funnily enough not all cardiff fans, man utd, west ham, chelsea, leeds utd, stoke, liverpool, everton shirt wearers are up for trouble just as are not all millwall fans. Normaly as a football match goer your know its the "shirts" or "scarfers" who dont give or make any trouble for others.
Its the ones who dont wear Football shirts or any thing related to their club in plain clothes who cause the grief in the majority of cases.

Sadly the police do seem to like sterotypes Ie all Black men are criminals, dark skined people maybe a bomber.Lets hope Filipino/a's dont become a group of intrest if the MILF decide to venture outside of Phil?

So possibly to cut the NHS medical bill all those who drink over 21 units a week or smoke should be after they finish work and try to get home should be stuck in a kettle formation blocked at every point of exit they want to use and then when their back is turned whacked by a Policeman by a riot baton.
I venture to say many of us dont suffer this on the way home from our place of work.

Possibly we could reduce the NHS bill? Just whack in the back to anybody who Drinks or smokes. If your healthly enough you may recover if not well you may have been a burden on the NHS.

I mean shame he had nine kids as you say deprived of their Father

Hopefully the murderer in a uniform will say sorry to all nine of them? Yes the Police man who cant control his temper and it seems a coward. Who somehow forgot it whacked a man in the back and so did his command as shortly afterwards he is shown talking to a senior officer and cowering.

Peace love and have a happy easter but dont belive all you hear from the police, I have met many good officers in fact I know some wonderful human beings who are active police officers but even they would admit that they have a lot of issues both with officers who dont act as they should do and possibly even worse many more who cover up and dont snitch if a officer mucks up:NoNo:

I have a high regard for the police in the UK but sadly from knowledge know to never presume the police were the innocent party when stories like these appear:NoNo:

somebody
13th April 2009, 15:50

Why the Philippines?

On the french Embassy shegen application compared to even thailand, who can i belive have a spouse apply on their behalf and pick up on the day. The phills are in a group of nations i think 20 or so strong from memory who have very stringent tests put on them. The other countries are nations which include those Bush had as his rogue nations..
Possibly as well as ecominic overstayers it maybe due to the mindano situation?

So it seems they do have a bad rep and thats why many on here when people encourage almost, phill "uk visa" overstayers get quite upset.

Many similar asian countries seem to find it far easier to come to the UK and Europe in general.

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 16:08
I have a high regard for the police in the UK but sadly from knowledge know to never presume the police were the innocent party when stories like these appear:NoNo:

in the same week a police officer was in court doing nearly 100 mph without lights on in a 30 zone, killing a teenage girl.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2009/04/09/i-will-never-get-over-what-happened-and-it-never-gets-easier-72703-23351027/

no one, not even police officers should be above the law

aposhark
13th April 2009, 18:00
in the same week a police officer was in court doing nearly 100 mph without lights on in a 30 zone, killing a teenage girl.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2009/04/09/i-will-never-get-over-what-happened-and-it-never-gets-easier-72703-23351027/

no one, not even police officers should be above the law

And I bet his sentence is commuted soon when the furore has died down.

joebloggs
13th April 2009, 18:29
And I bet his sentence is commuted soon when the furore has died down.

yes it gets you thinking when it says 'he faces' a prison sentence, not he will :doh

i live on a main road and 2 or 3 in the morning you can hear the sirens going as the cops race down the road, there are no cars on the road, so why have them on ??, is it the boy racer in some of them ?

adam&chryss
13th April 2009, 21:06
Whats Drunken millwall fans got to do with being trapped in a part of London?

So when you went to those football matchs you never saw the police taking off their number tags (the way you can ID them).
I have been to football matches all over the UK and the most scary people at the games are nearly always a section of the Police who are up for a bit of a row.
Of course there are football fans who like to be idiots.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/rod_liddle/article6078095.ece

Sorry a Police officer whacking a bloke who from two camera angles appear to say or do nothing apart from not moving out of the way quickly enough deserved to get it.
Yes a whack from a really scared police officer surrounded by plenty of other police officers agasint a Indivudal. Who decided with all his might to whack a man walking away from him.

I have seen the news stand that he worked on numerious times and never seen any gentleman i felt cor they need a good whacking by a police man.

He wore a Millwall shirt maybe because he's in the east end just a few miles from the ground, funnily enough not all cardiff fans, man utd, west ham, chelsea, leeds utd, stoke, liverpool, everton shirt wearers are up for trouble just as are not all millwall fans. Normaly as a football match goer your know its the "shirts" or "scarfers" who dont give or make any trouble for others.
Its the ones who dont wear Football shirts or any thing related to their club in plain clothes who cause the grief in the majority of cases.

Sadly the police do seem to like sterotypes Ie all Black men are criminals, dark skined people maybe a bomber.Lets hope Filipino/a's dont become a group of intrest if the MILF decide to venture outside of Phil?

So possibly to cut the NHS medical bill all those who drink over 21 units a week or smoke should be after they finish work and try to get home should be stuck in a kettle formation blocked at every point of exit they want to use and then when their back is turned whacked by a Policeman by a riot baton.
I venture to say many of us dont suffer this on the way home from our place of work.

Possibly we could reduce the NHS bill? Just whack in the back to anybody who Drinks or smokes. If your healthly enough you may recover if not well you may have been a burden on the NHS.

I mean shame he had nine kids as you say deprived of their Father

Hopefully the murderer in a uniform will say sorry to all nine of them? Yes the Police man who cant control his temper and it seems a coward. Who somehow forgot it whacked a man in the back and so did his command as shortly afterwards he is shown talking to a senior officer and cowering.

Peace love and have a happy easter but dont belive all you hear from the police, I have met many good officers in fact I know some wonderful human beings who are active police officers but even they would admit that they have a lot of issues both with officers who dont act as they should do and possibly even worse many more who cover up and dont snitch if a officer mucks up:NoNo:

I said I stereotyped him. The Millwall fans I encountered whilst watching my local football team were in Cray, kent. Millwall didnt have a game and there wernt any police there. So they decided to come to the game and 20 of them set upon 2 of our fans. Very nice of them.
And as I also said his kids dont deserve to lose a father, which they dont.

badgrimly
17th April 2009, 20:24
Hi , sorry dident get back sooner seem thread has run a good bit , yes ELJOHNO yes i have been with my wife for 4 years, but i havent as yet aspplied for a spouse visa or a family permit , we only tried for a trourist visa and waited eight months , yes eight months to be told NO!
I asked her to find out why they had refuse her and they siad it was because she had not got enough money in her account, if htey hadof told me that i could have sent what ever she needed, it all seems a bit made up as they go along there, but we where told that would not go on her recored or effect any further applications , but to be honest i am going to go there hopefully next month and live with her till i can bring her home and deal with it myself , leaving her each time is to heart breaking for us both.
Just by the way, I have a friend (yes i do have one ) and he married a girl from siberia he couldent get her home as a brithish citezen he had to use his irish passport and it took him three years eventually, you need to be pretty sure of your relationships to go through this , or maybe it builds them i dont know all i can say is i love her more now than ever, but any way thanks for the comment and well wishes its noce to feel not so lonely in this situsation you all have helped me again thanks.

joebloggs
17th April 2009, 20:56
yes i have been with my wife for 4 years, but i havent as yet aspplied for a spouse visa or a family permit , we only tried for a trourist visa and waited eight months , yes eight months to be told NO!

I have a friend (yes i do have one ) and he married a girl from siberia he couldent get her home as a brithish citezen he had to use his irish passport and it took him three years eventually,

you have lived outside the uk with your wife for more than 4yrs ?

why did it take your friend 3yrs to get his wife here ? if he used his Irish passport it is a legal right to bring his wife with him.

if you have British and Irish passports, you shouldn't have a problem bring ur wife to the uk by applying for a family permit.