PDA

View Full Version : Haggis and Tatties

PAT
10th April 2009, 04:01
Showed my fiance my haggi and she loves it,sarapppp she says,hmmm is there anything else I can show her,that will appeal to her taste buds??lol eating haggi it for years and didnt know how its made.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any ideas for substitute for bangus which I can buy at the local fish supplies??,HaHa Maybe I just stick to the fruit salad:Rasp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6PKMex6ZFs

kimmi
10th April 2009, 10:15
it's nice to know that ur fiancee likes the taste of Haggis,other filipinas here can correct me if I am wrong, because I think we've got filipino version of haggis and we called it BOPIS..:Erm::D

u may want to try this link for u to know what's inside ur haggis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

also u may let ur fiancee try the Sea Bass, so far that's what I can say closer to the taste of Bangus..:rolleyes: its very tasty if fried with capers..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
10th April 2009, 11:17
Black Pudding? Chitterlings? Tripe?

Fresh cockles on the market with some salt and vinegar?

PAT
10th April 2009, 11:40
Fantastic!! Sea bass,Black pudding both fond of myself,hmm sea bass with rice will need to practice before she come,Any suggestions please?

Ann07
10th April 2009, 15:25
Aye, true sis kimmi its like bopis:xxgrinning--00xx3: i like it too PAT with turnips too:D and black pudding with bacon egg and mushrooms:D for breakfast hehehehehe. Try seabass i always cook it in the oven nice so tasty:D

I am starving now:icon_lol:

aromulus
10th April 2009, 15:28
Showed my fiance my haggi and she loves it,sarapppp she says,hmmm is there anything else I can show her,that will appeal to her taste buds??lol eating haggi it for years and didnt know how its made.

:vomit-smiley-011:

tiN
10th April 2009, 20:42
Aye, true sis kimmi its like bopis:xxgrinning--00xx3: i like it too PAT with turnips too:D and black pudding with bacon egg and mushrooms:D for breakfast hehehehehe. Try seabass i always cook it in the oven nice so tasty:D

I am starving now:icon_lol:

Haggis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: but black pudding no thanks :NoNo::NoNo:

Seabass two thumbs up, try the fish called "plates or plaits?" correct my spelling if im wrong..

I tried the fish last week covered it with flour then fried it, squeezed a lemon on it and BRAVO :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
10th April 2009, 21:23
Hi Tin,
if your fish is a sort of flat fish it is called a plaice and yes it is yummy!!:Rasp:

PAT
10th April 2009, 21:29
Thanx...got some good ideas now for own recipes hehe but never cooked with vinigar,If all fails I know she likes noodles,
Any filipino restuarants or suppliers between Manchester and Edinburgh?

scott&ligaya
10th April 2009, 21:38
Hi Pat,
if Manchester is not too far then visit Wing Yip superstore, they usually have a good range of filipino and Thai stuff as well the masses of chinese foods. see link below. is this ok to put the link boss?

http://www.wingyip.com/page-495.html

charlwill
10th April 2009, 21:55
Hi Tin,
if your fish is a sort of flat fish it is called a plaice and yes it is yummy!!:Rasp:
Yes, plaice is yummy specially if you fry it then put blackbean sauce. :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

GaryFifer
11th April 2009, 11:15
Cullen Skink? Porridge? Scones. How about a bit venison. But that is a bit strong to some taste buds.Go buy MAW BROONS COOK BOOK, get some ideas from it.

http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/

scott&ligaya
11th April 2009, 11:25
oh wow Cullen Skink, fantastic:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: my cousin was a trawlerman but know captains an oil support vessel/dive ship. His wife cooks up a mean Cullen Skink. They actually live a couple of miles from Cullen in Portsoy.

I have to make do with the Baxters tinned variety

I still like porridge in the winter.... Ligaya says I should have rozz caldo

tiN
11th April 2009, 16:19
Hi Tin,

Plaits:doh:doh:doh what a plonker aye:Brick::Brick::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks Scott yeah youre right it is the plaice:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for that hehehe:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

kimmi
11th April 2009, 18:24
Cullen Skink? Porridge? Scones. How about a bit venison. But that is a bit strong to some taste buds.Go buy MAW BROONS COOK BOOK, get some ideas from it.

http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/

aye, I love Cullen Skink as well..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

what about Coronation Chicken?Tripe with onions? Rhubarb crumble?:Erm::Erm::D

Ann07
11th April 2009, 18:51
Haggis :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: but black pudding no thanks :NoNo::NoNo:

Seabass two thumbs up, try the fish called "plates or plaits?" correct my spelling if im wrong..

I tried the fish last week covered it with flour then fried it, squeezed a lemon on it and BRAVO :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Oh I like the way you cook it MOD:D

trader dave
12th April 2009, 06:43
pie and mash and jellied eels :action-smiley-081::Hellooo:

PAT
12th April 2009, 20:11
What is egi? any food in uk simular to that? its one of my fiance s favourite food.
Had some haggi tonight hehehe stuffed in chicken with peppercorn sauce ,,yummmmmy

irobot
12th April 2009, 23:22
Irobot..."Sunny...Different From The Rest ":Britain:

HI Peep`s.... Never Trust A Man Who Wares a skirt...:Kilt::Kilt::Kilt: :) ..... Try the West Country Faggots,Mushy Peas And Chips....Phil...

scott&ligaya
12th April 2009, 23:25
more manly than prancing about with bells tied on your legs and banging sticks about!!!!!!!!

irobot
13th April 2009, 00:08
Irobot..." Sunny... Different From The Rest..."

AWWEEEEEEE.....,...::Britain::Kilt::Britain::...you got a sense of humour then..:ARsurrender: ...Happy Easter Every Bunny......Phil

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 00:21
nae problem Phil, just get the scrumpy ready for when we pop down to Saunton/Woolacombe for some longboarding and body boarding in the summer.

now surfing in a kilt!!! there's a thought..... na maybe not

irobot
13th April 2009, 00:36
Irobot..." Sunny... Different From The Rest..."

Not a runner or surfer, but have sunk the odd pint of scrumpy or snakebite (Half cider / Half Larger) in muh time... Woolacombe`s ok, I like Weymouth as a tourist and Cornwall right down the bottom say the Lizard, Cadwith cove area but I do like quite / remote places..... ...Happy Easter Every Bunny......Phil...

IainBusby
13th April 2009, 15:40
Any of the Pinays up in Scotland learned to cook stovies yet? Mmmmmmmmm, one of my favourite dishes.
Iain.

scott&ligaya
13th April 2009, 16:07
Any of the Pinays up in Scotland learned to cook stovies yet? Mmmmmmmmm, one of my favourite dishes.
Iain.

oh Iain, how could you menion STOVIES when I am hungry:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: My old rugby club up in Aberdeen used to compete in two leagues one for the games and one for the wives/partners stovies. Garioch nearly always one with their fantastic stovies. I actually took Ligaya to the POW Prince of Wales pub in Aberdeen JUST to have stovies there, bloody amazing and with home made oatcakes and a pint of Mcewans Export.

Stovies are the best stomach liner pre going on the lash food known to man!!!!

IainBusby
13th April 2009, 16:29
oh Iain, how could you menion STOVIES when I am hungry:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: My old rugby club up in Aberdeen used to compete in two leagues one for the games and one for the wives/partners stovies. Garioch nearly always one with their fantastic stovies. I actually took Ligaya to the POW Prince of Wales pub in Aberdeen JUST to have stovies there, bloody amazing and with home made oatcakes and a pint of Mcewans Export.

Stovies are the best stomach liner pre going on the lash food known to man!!!!

I never really got in to the oatcakes, though my dad used to practically live on them, but I used to love my stovies. I wish I could teach the wife to cook them.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
13th April 2009, 16:50
Thanks but no thanks to Haggis and Black pudding gWAAARK!
But I love fried Tatties.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
No to bake beans
Yes to Roast PORK and BEEF:BouncyHappy:
No to baby food mashed potato yukkks
No to Lamb and duck
Yes to seafood
Hubby says; i maybe weird:D
I don't eat whole apple but I drink apple juice
I don't eat carrots but I love carrot juice
I don't eat lamb as I always see sheeps in biblical books :Brick:
I don't drink and smoke and hubby said I'm boring:doh:D:action-smiley-081: