PDA

View Full Version : Is she mad? Hotdogs and Marshmallows on a Stick

RickyR
7th April 2009, 14:27
My fiance just told me that she's going to prepare marshmallows and hot dogs on a stick for a party; but don't be misguided into thinking seperate sticks as I did, because you'd be wrong.

Is she mad? Or is this Filipino thing?

GaryFifer
7th April 2009, 14:31
Are the marshmallows in a bun with mustard then I'd say shes mad? Otherwise I'd be up for trying most things with the possible exception of balut. NOWAY.

But it sounds kinda fun to roast by the fire at night with many parents and kids. Typical Filipino community. Sounds great fun.

RickyR
7th April 2009, 14:35
Was tricked into eating Balut when I was a naive 17 year old cadet on cargo ships with a Philippine crew who decided to get me drunk on San Miguel and Fundador. Started with Kinilaw and fried chicken feet, before being dared onto eating Balut. Never ever ever again!

Tried a lot of things once, but many things I won't try again.

GaryFifer
7th April 2009, 14:54
They say balut taste like very strong boiled egg. whats your experience?

islander
7th April 2009, 15:44
My fiance just told me that she's going to prepare marshmallows and hot dogs on a stick for a party; but don't be misguided into thinking seperate sticks as I did, because you'd be wrong.

parties in phils. especially children's party won't be complete without that, sounds funny tho but it's a filipino thing.... hehehe!

aposhark
7th April 2009, 15:55
parties in phils. especially children's party won't be complete without that, sounds funny tho but it's a filipino thing.... hehehe!

They're ALL mad !!!!!!!! (only joking....)

I am amazed when my wife loves to eat big pieces of animal fat which actually makes me shudder if I look, when we Brits have (mostly) been scared off.

I do remember my Nan making dripping "butties" with salt and pepper on as a kid. Tasted delightful then, not sure I would have a go now though.

RickyR
7th April 2009, 16:38

Her and I have very different ideas of Children's Parties... My idea of a BBQ and Jelly n Ice Cream just doesn't cut it.

With regards the Balut, I don't recall the taste, I think it was more the texture which sobored me up rather quickly. Felt a lot bigger then it was, and I really don't know how I didn't vomit.

misscarie
7th April 2009, 16:49
Oh .. marshmallow and hotdog on stick ? i was going to prepare that for my husband's bday yesterday but i changed my mind :D i remember he is not a kid anymore lol

mhynne
7th April 2009, 16:51
we filipinos also stick the hotdog and marshmallow stick on a whole round cabbage..
making it look like the hellraiser hehehe

aug06_2006
7th April 2009, 16:53
When we were in the Phils. i forced my hubby to try to eat a BALUT and no good coz he refused it hahha!

Sophie
7th April 2009, 21:34

Its a filipino thing :) And it's more popular during children's party. Kid's in the philippines love that :)

LEAHnew
9th April 2009, 07:12
Its a filipino thing :) And it's more popular during children's party. Kid's in the philippines love that :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I have here pic from my daughter's 5th b-day:)
Hotdog on a stick with marshmallows:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
http://photos-127.friendster.com/e1/photos/72/13/10913127/1_622564952l.jpg

nparvus1202
9th April 2009, 09:14
That's just marshmallows and hotdogs. No biggy. Try to go around Philippines and you will find more foods that you will be asking, " Is that fit for consumption?". Well they are and a lot of them are yum yum. Besides, I don't think marshmallows and hotdogs on a stick originated in the Philippines, it might be from the US of A.

Sophie
9th April 2009, 13:30
That's just marshmallows and hotdogs. No biggy. Try to go around Philippines and you will find more foods that you will be asking, " Is that fit for consumption?". Well they are and a lot of them are yum yum. Besides, I don't think marshmallows and hotdogs on a stick originated in the Philippines, it might be from the US of A.

Yes i agree, it's possible, coz Philippines is an american colony, so i guess some of our ways and practices we got from them and were influenced by them i suppose.