PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrgggghhhhh

scott&ligaya
5th April 2009, 22:34
I have just returned form the 1st barbacue of the season in our Filipino comunity. As the darkness fell and temperature dropped we were offered a sort of soup/broth to keep us warm out on the patio. NORMALLY I ask what is in the proffered food but for some insane reason I just tucked in... and actually liked the stuff. Later I did ask and was told that it was PAPI ITAN or something like that and included all manner of innards and tripe.
:omg::omg::doh:doh

Jay&Zobel
5th April 2009, 22:39
I have just returned form the 1st barbacue of the season in our Filipino comunity. As the darkness fell and temperature dropped we were offered a sort of soup/broth to keep us warm out on the patio. NORMALLY I ask what is in the proffered food but for some insane reason I just tucked in... and actually liked the stuff. Later I did ask and was told that it was PAPI ITAN or something like that and included all manner of innards and tripe.

who is talking here scott or ligaya? lol :D

scott&ligaya
5th April 2009, 22:42
Scott here, only nine more days until Ligaya and little Joshua come home:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:

tiN
6th April 2009, 11:13

Sorry for that Scott:D:D

But im not going to agree with u as I love papaitan:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Mrs.JMajor
6th April 2009, 14:49
PAPAITAN mouth watering here

Ann07
6th April 2009, 19:09
Sorry for that Scott:D:D

But im not going to agree with u as I love papaitan:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Same here one of my favorite hehehehehehe

acs
6th April 2009, 19:14
i like papaitan too :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
6th April 2009, 19:41
We just have to accept Filipinos eat weird food? :icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
6th April 2009, 20:07

So very true

The number one selling cook book in da Phils is entitled

100 uses for bits of dead animals any sane person would throw in the garbage bin:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

thejarvs
6th April 2009, 20:21
:Cuckoo: Insane here and loving every morsal :D

tiN
6th April 2009, 20:57

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

And another thing u should request an extra calamansi (lime) so its taste really nice:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

irobot
6th April 2009, 21:46
Irobot..."Sunny...Different from the rest..." :Britain:

Hi There , I like to eat weird food........... When I was in Thailand I ate deep fried grasshoppers and crickets which tasted like crisps to me... but then came the bugs they were crunchy but I was not too keen and gave them a try too it was all those legs around the side of the plate thing but... I drew the line at some sort of caterpillar which was not Lovely ,tasted like I would imagine like....ummmmmmmmm house dust mixed in yellowish white puss stuff from out a boil / spot, as I said not lovely..also ate ducks feet and wattles,chicken livers and entrials OMGosh I am sounding like Hannibal The animal eater.

In the Philippines I was more reserved and had goat, suckling pig,but worse than that I got hooked on Roosters Fried Chicken... he he he ..........some one said the frogs were ok to eat and bats too but never got around to it... I will not mention mans best friend and nope I never... Well done... Phil..

keithAngel
6th April 2009, 22:51
So very true

100 uses for bits of dead animals any sane person would throw in the garbage bin:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

The more pertinant question is "what happens to the good bits"????:rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
6th April 2009, 23:24
Have u seen any of your filipina wife ,eat the eye of the fish ? like in fried tilapya or sinigang na bangus at prito :cwm3:

irobot
7th April 2009, 00:39
Irobot..." Sunny...Different from the rest..." :Britain:

Hi there Mrs JMajor...... I have seen them in Thailand eat the eye of fish when cooked...Funny thing is i love cooked fresh water fish, but in England no one seems to eat this ..except Polish...ummmm.:doh:...Phil..

scott&ligaya
7th April 2009, 09:29
Strange thing is i do not have a problem with fish, living in Hong Kong and working in China you do see and eat some very odd food and certainly as chief guest on many occasions in China I would always be offered the cheek,eyes and other parts of the fish considered the bes. We also had hairy crab season and snake soup season so I suppose filipino food is not that unusual.... I draw the line at gizzards, intestines and other entrails though.

scott&ligaya
7th April 2009, 09:30
heh I just noticed that is my 500th post.... I need to get out more:doh:doh

aug06_2006
7th April 2009, 16:46
My hubby doesn't want me to eat the head of fish or dried fish hehehe!

Ann07
7th April 2009, 17:47
Have u seen any of your filipina wife ,eat the eye of the fish ? like in fried tilapya or sinigang na bangus at prito :cwm3:

Always do that infront of my husband:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: HE always says im disgusting:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: with a smile in his face:doh:Cuckoo:

tiN
7th April 2009, 18:37
Always do that infront of my husband:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: HE always says im disgusting:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: with a smile in his face:doh:Cuckoo:

My husband doesnt mind it :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: but when my mother in law found out that i am eating the eyes of the fish.. she said thats disgusting :icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh:doh:doh

just laugh at her :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

kimmi
7th April 2009, 18:57
My husband doesnt mind it :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: but when my mother in law found out that i am eating the eyes of the fish.. she said thats disgusting :icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh:doh:doh

just laugh at her :Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

same here sis, though at first, hubby got surprised when he saw me eating the eyes of the fish now he's the one looking for fish with head on it on a supermarket. ..:D:D but when my father in law knew about it he asked me what's wrong with the meat of the fish why do I have to eat even the eyes?:Erm::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

irobot
7th April 2009, 21:43
Irobot..." Sunny...Different from the rest..." :Britian:

Hi there,Well snake sounds interesting ....I know they eat a lot of rattlesnake there but I saw a program on tv where some bloke went to Thailand where you pick your snake out when alive, a COBRA... and then the cook would get a mongoose out of a cage and it would try to attack the cobra and the more angry the cobra gets the better and just as it`s very very angry they cut its head off and drink the blood which is meant to very good for ailments and if you want he will make snake stew out of the rest.... I have never had snake yet....Phil..

irobot
7th April 2009, 21:51
Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest... " :Britain:

heh I just noticed that is my 100th post.... I need to get out more:doh:doh:...Phil...

pinayingermany
8th April 2009, 07:15
PAPAITAN mouth watering here

i like papaitan too :icon_lol:

Irobot..."Sunny...Different from the rest..." :Britain:

Hi There , I like to eat weird food........... but then came the bugs they were crunchy but I was not too keen and gave them a try too it was all those legs around the side of the plate thing but... I drew the line at some sort of caterpillar which was not Lovely ,tasted like I would imagine like....ummmmmmmmm house dust mixed in yellowish white puss stuff from out a boil / spot, as I said not lovely..also ate ducks feet and wattles,chicken livers and entrials OMGosh I am sounding like Hannibal The animal eater.

In the Philippines I was more reserved and had goat, suckling pig,but worse than that I got hooked on Roosters Fried Chicken... he he he ..........some one said the frogs were ok to eat and bats too but never got around to it... I will not mention mans best friend and nope I never... Well done... Phil..

So very true

:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:WEIRD AND YUCKY BUT YUMMY :Rasp:hehehe

here`some more about that stuff...if u want ,just check it out .... esp. for Intrepid travellers (source Godofred Umali Stuart JR),.....

http://www.stuartxchange.com/PhilippineCuisine.html

hope im allowed to do it..:)
if not,my apologies just wanted to share coz balut,sabong(cockfighting)jeepney were explained in it and lots of other interesting things for new, intrepid and first time travellers in the Philippines:Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
8th April 2009, 12:13
I dont eat IUD and adidas mina:vomit-smiley-011::Blacklistthatsucks:

pinayingermany
8th April 2009, 12:32
I dont eat IUD and adidas mina:vomit-smiley-011::Blacklistthatsucks:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:i agree with you too but why not ?tried them once n they are ok,at least they are dead and not moving:icon_lol::icon_lol: :Erm: i know some they eat cheese with Worms:omg:maggots alive and wriggling:yikes::ARsurrender:and that`s a very expensive delicacy,so i was informed:yikes::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:nver:dohi prefer Sushi,hehe not long dead ,but at least inert:Dmusta na Juliet:cwm38::love18: