PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Filipino Parents to France

gyzel
1st October 2006, 17:23
Im a French resident and I've been wondering what are the policies in bringing family members to France? Im happily married with a French national and we both wanted to have my mother and father live with us. Merci d'avance!

KeithD
1st October 2006, 20:59
You want your parents to live with you? :cwm24: I thought we got married to get away from them!!!:doh

This is a UK site, have you tried France?

A_flyer
8th October 2006, 07:24
Im a French resident and I've been wondering what are the policies in bringing family members to France? Im happily married with a French national and we both wanted to have my mother and father live with us. Merci d'avance!
It's not easy.
The "regroupement familial" is only for Asawa and minor kids, see here: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F11167.xhtml
Most of the official infos are here (or accessible from here): http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/N8.xhtml

My advice is that you discuss with the ANAEM agency (it's the ex OMI: Ofiice des Migrations Internationale). It's there where you will get the best answers on this.

Last possibility is to try to get a "visa de long séjour" (1 year max), but it will go thru ANAEM too.

Let us know the results. Anyway be sure it will be a long battle. Good luck!

francesca
13th October 2006, 18:31
did she try?
i knew Ana have her parents come over to France on a tourist visa but has to come back to phils.

gyzel
5th November 2006, 15:35
hello,

my carte sejour has both my maiden name and my married name. my passport has just my maiden. does this create a discrepancy? im planning to visit manila this december and im not sure if i still need to renew my passport. any help?

A_flyer
5th November 2006, 17:44
my carte sejour has both my maiden name and my married name. my passport has just my maiden. does this create a discrepancy? im planning to visit manila this december and im not sure if i still need to renew my passport. any help?
No, it should be fine. Keep with you a copy of your marriage certificate in case (with an English copy if your POE in Schengen area is not in France, IE Amsterdam via KLM).