PDA

View Full Version : will it affect the ILR application in the future?

lala
4th April 2009, 08:46
Good day,

I wanna asked something about quiting for a job..my cousin who works as team member in a hotel, she wanted to quit due to some reasons.....

1. she cannot communicate to her both employees properly because they cannot speak english..
2. everytime she will talk to them for important matter she cannot do it properly and she find it hard to get along with them as its like they will stay away not because they dont like her but because they say they are shy to talk because they cannot understand..
3. all of them are from other countries where speaking english is not their priority.
4. shes been working for like a week.
5 she is married and soon will file an IlR.

my questions is, will it affect the application of her ILR, maybe its a silly questions but i want to make her feel relax and quit the job if she is not happy because for me theyres no point of working if you are not happy of what your doin, she just want to get out and make some friends at work

Thank you very much and will lookin forward to hear your good advices.

aromulus
4th April 2009, 08:51
Couldn't she raise the matter with her superiors and voice her concerns, rather than quit....???:Erm:

The job market is so flimsy nowadays that quitting one, doesn't guarantee getting another straight away....:NoNo:

lala
4th April 2009, 10:00
Couldn't she raise the matter with her superiors and voice her concerns, rather than quit....???:Erm:

The job market is so flimsy nowadays that quitting one, doesn't guarantee getting another straight away....:NoNo:

Thank you for your reply, one problem as well is that the agency she worked with is given her a contract to be signed and its far too same as what the agency has said at the beginning...so what shes idea is before signing it its better to quit rather than working hard with all her strength and they didnt pay the right minimum wage as what it should be...just to be fair you know..plus now its hard to reach to the agency as everytime she called the in-charge wasnt around and everytime she left a message to call back, the agency didnt call back..and she is working most of the days..

She is judt worried if soon she will apply for the ILR, could it be one reason that her application will get failed? does it matter?

That is the most questions that bother her at the moment. thank you again so much

scott&ligaya
4th April 2009, 12:04
if they are not paying minimum wage paerhaps they are hiring illegals. I cannot see how leaving a job would affect her ILR application. I would get out of that job.

joebloggs
4th April 2009, 12:38
what type of visa is she here on, a spouse visa or work permit ?

vbkelly
4th April 2009, 20:55
it happened to me before all my colleagues are polish peoples totally they can't speak english, and its really hard if you work together because they can't communicate then if you ask them something they just say no no english it was really pissed me off so i left the job.

lala
5th April 2009, 21:27
it happened to me before all my colleagues are polish peoples totally they can't speak english, and its really hard if you work together because they can't communicate then if you ask them something they just say no no english it was really pissed me off so i left the job.

she said, not just polish, but russian.....romanian and some eastern european people...she says its really hard..

and my cousin pissed me off now coz i wanted her to have her own account here so she can asked questions whatever she wanted here coz the members in this forum are very nice, she says no coz shes shy . what a lot of s**t....

and by the way, did u got ur ILR now?

lala
5th April 2009, 21:27
what type of visa is she here on, a spouse visa or work permit ?

she has her residence permit now prior to ILR..shes on fiance visa before....

lala
5th April 2009, 21:30
if they are not paying minimum wage paerhaps they are hiring illegals. I cannot see how leaving a job would affect her ILR application. I would get out of that job.

yeah my cousin says, she has 2 romanian girls came here in london 3 years ago by riding this big lorry via calais...........see how stupid all this people and now they have their visa now.....while us we went through interview and pay all this bloody expensive application fee......

tsk tsk tsk, anyways thanks for your reply

joebloggs
5th April 2009, 21:54
she has 2 romanian girls came here in london 3 years ago by riding this big lorry via calais...........see how stupid all this people and now they have their visa now....

in 2007 Bulgaria and Romania joined the EEU, since then they no longer needed a visa to come to the uk, but they must apply for an Accession Worker card before undertaking any employment, so they could well have the right to work here now, and as we all know the phils is not in the EEU :NoNo:, so they need a visa to come to the uk and if not married to a brit or european, one to work

vbkelly
6th April 2009, 09:44
she said, not just polish, but russian.....romanian and some eastern european people...she says its really hard..

and my cousin pissed me off now coz i wanted her to have her own account here so she can asked questions whatever she wanted here coz the members in this forum are very nice, she says no coz shes shy . what a lot of s**t....

and by the way, did u got ur ILR now?

im british since 2007 atlast, but i need to sort out my dual citizenship soon bcoz im never ending pinay.

lala
6th April 2009, 18:39
in 2007 Bulgaria and Romania joined the EEU, since then they no longer needed a visa to come to the uk, but they must apply for an Accession Worker card before undertaking any employment, so they could well have the right to work here now, and as we all know the phils is not in the EEU :NoNo:, so they need a visa to come to the uk and if not married to a brit or european, one to work

thanks, yeah but this girls told her that they came here to a lorry....maybe now yes they can coz its part now of EEU which is advantage for them....but for us well its a long story :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
6th April 2009, 18:44
yeah my cousin says, she has 2 romanian girls came here in london 3 years ago by riding this big lorry via calais...........see how stupid all this people and now they have their visa now.....while us we went through interview and pay all this bloody expensive application fee......

tsk tsk tsk, anyways thanks for your reply

True, we have to pay for our visa's sooooooo expensive:D:doh:Erm: