PDA

View Full Version : Tabo Or Toilet Paper

Arthur Little
2nd April 2009, 23:59
:omg: Reportedly, about a month or two back, a machine operator on a work permit from the Philippines was fired by his bosses for having the "audacity" to use a tabo for cleansing himself. Did anyone else happen to read this article? [look up 'Tabo' on the internet and click on 'Image Results' for the full story] - which draws a parallel with an equally ludicrous [if less drastic] outcome of an earlier tale involving a Filipino kid - living in Montreal - whose teacher scolded him for eating his school meals with a fork and spoon instead of the customary knife and fork.

Dearie dearie me!! What IS the [western] world coming to ... ?? :rolleyes:

mickcant
3rd April 2009, 05:30
Hi all, I realise this is a delicate subject, and Filipina's need to feel clean but do Filipina’s not like using the wet type body wipes for toilet use? I am a British male and use them; I know some British ladies keep a second face cloth for this too.
Most toilets in Britian are not designed to have wet floors and will rot in time!
Mick

LEAHnew
3rd April 2009, 08:29
Tabo Scandal: Filipino Worker in Australia “fired” over Toilet Habits

I went to go to the toilet and I took a bottle of water when my foreman saw me and he said `you can’t bring the water in there’,” Mr Bernabe said.
“I asked why and he said it wasn’t good but I said it’s our way and he followed me into the toilet.
“I said it’s my personal hygiene. I didn’t break any law, I didn’t break any rules of the company, why can’t I do this, and he said he would report me to the manager.
“The next morning when I came in I went to punch my time card and he told me the manager wanted to talk to me in his office.
“He asked me what had happened and I explained to him and he said if I didn’t follow the Australian way I would be immediately terminated and I said `sir, then you better terminate me’.”

from a blog of Menardconnect.com

Tabo (dipper) is a cultural icon for Filipino habit as for personal Hygiene, they should consider and accept the fact its just cultural thing it's really unfair to our fellow Kabayan coz he lost his job because of this matter:doh:NoNo:
As I've heard on the news he made an appeal, hoping to settle it soon:cwm34:

KeithD
3rd April 2009, 08:34
Dogs lick themselves clean......we have to use our partner for that! :rolleyes:

LEAHnew
3rd April 2009, 08:42
Dogs lick themselves clean......we have to use our partner for that! :rolleyes:

:yikes::D:icon_lol::butthead:

adam&chryss
3rd April 2009, 09:00
Hi all, I realise this is a delicate subject, and Filipina's need to feel clean but do Filipina’s not like using the wet type body wipes for toilet use? I am a British male and use them; I know some British ladies keep a second face cloth for this too.
Most toilets in Britian are not designed to have wet floors and will rot in time!
Mick

The thing is we got use to it.. and just by wiping our *** using toilet papers or baby wipes makes us feel very uncomfortable. we feel clean if we use tabo with water and soap.
my hubby asked me to teach our 4 years old son to use toilet papers, same with him he feels uncomfortable and doesn't like it. Told my hubby he can do that when we're out or if he is at school. anyway, i let him used toilet papers when we were in the Philippines and out our home. But eventually soon as we get home he'll ask me to wash his *** and change his pants.

GaryFifer
3rd April 2009, 09:35
This is looney tunes. Pity he did not get a lawyer. I am sure anyone could argue that it has no bearing on what he does for a job.
This is against his human rights! I am sure if he was Muslim the case would be be shouted from the rooftops about bigots and racism, but alas he will not get a high profile case, because his daddy or relative does not work as lawyer.

They eat with one hand and wipe with the other ;) He was followed into the toilet and he was caught using his eating hand! Terrible. He must be fired! He is wrong. Don't talk to the dirty boy!

KeithD
3rd April 2009, 09:47
When I first learnt to wipe my :butthead: as a kid, I was proud of it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Until a few weeks later someone pointed out I was supposed toilet paper as well :cwm24:

keithAngel
3rd April 2009, 10:07
The problem with the dipper is where the water ends up :Help1:

Thailand have solved this problem by using a small tube and spray head excellent system................well better than the bosses suggestion:Rasp::omg:

nids123
3rd April 2009, 10:12
well we just get use to it using it we cant live without it,we use tabo and soap and water to makesure its very clean.

scott&ligaya
3rd April 2009, 10:13
In Hong Kong and in modern buildings in China they also have the hand held shower head at the side of the toliet..... a very good solution, less space and no cleaning for the bidet.

Florge
3rd April 2009, 11:13
In Hong Kong and in modern buildings in China they also have the hand held shower head at the side of the toliet..... a very good solution, less space and no cleaning for the bidet.

There are also the hand held shower heads here... you can have it installed in your own home... I was thinking about it though but.... nothing beats the Tabo! :icon_lol:

IainBusby
3rd April 2009, 11:28
There are also the hand held shower heads here... you can have it installed in your own home... I was thinking about it though but.... nothing beats the Tabo! :icon_lol:

Except maybe a bidet! Unfortuately it's much more expensive than a tabo. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
3rd April 2009, 12:04
Is this (w)hole subject "tabo(o) then? At least it made the "papers" [puns (IN)tended] :icon_lol:

Piamed
3rd April 2009, 13:48
Very clever Arthur; I like it :)

Personally, i think bidets are terrific!

adam&chryss
3rd April 2009, 18:53
I remember working at a company a few years ago that employed foreign workers from an agency. They worked the night shift.
Most of them were muslims and they obviously have some ritual that involved standing on the toilet seat and throwing water everywhere.
Obviously people complained about it, why should we clean their mess up. Quite right.
Do whatever makes you comfortable but remember- when in rome...........
Also if you`re out and about do you carry a tabo with you?
You know, in your handbag with spare knickers and stuff :Cuckoo:
As long as what you do doesn`t affect others then you should be able to do it.

Mrs Daddy
3rd April 2009, 18:59
oh dear dear nothing beats filipino eh:D

Jay&Zobel
3rd April 2009, 19:25
Tabo rules lol

kenny
3rd April 2009, 23:49
This is looney tunes. Pity he did not get a lawyer. I am sure anyone could argue that it has no bearing on what he does for a job.
This is against his human rights! I am sure if he was Muslim the case would be be shouted from the rooftops about bigots and racism, but alas he will not get a high profile case, because his daddy or relative does not work as lawyer.

They eat with one hand and wipe with the other ;) He was followed into the toilet and he was caught using his eating hand! Terrible. He must be fired! He is wrong. Don't talk to the dirty boy!

I am not against Muslims at all, infact i have met some nice muslims"Egyptions" but unfortunantly filipinos are still a minority in England. Try telling a ####### that you have to wear a crash helmet or follow a ###### into the toilet and so on and so on. maybe we should ban st georges day or change the word Christmas to something else. I just think nice people who want to come into England and want to keep thier bottom:action-smiley-081: clean and do not want to change the country for what it is to suit them should be welcomed:Cuckoo:

irobot
4th April 2009, 00:24
Irobot...As most people know I am from England and been to Asia at least 10 times and used all the types of washing / wiping methods mentioned and my view is when in Rome .... If your in a Country that does a specific way being Wet or Dry adopt it when at work or in public places and do what ever when home....As far as Muslims are concerned we have them at our works and we have a praying room with mat ect for them and I am uneducated with their ways but we have told the squatting on the toilet is some thing to do with their God returning from...... ummmmmm...perhaps some one could enlighten me on that one ??.... Phil

KeithD
4th April 2009, 09:07
Does anyone have a video of a pretty Filipina doing this, as I want to make sure I've got the right idea! :rolleyes:

aromulus
4th April 2009, 09:19
Does anyone have a video of a pretty Filipina doing this, as I want to make sure I've got the right idea! :rolleyes:

Found this for you................:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzAdUVBd2k

KeithD
4th April 2009, 09:33
Is that your idea of a 'pretty Filipina'? :omg:

aromulus
4th April 2009, 09:35

Since when you gone fussy....???:Erm:

acs
4th April 2009, 11:07
sir keith and sir Aromulus you make my day..laugh so much here...:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
4th April 2009, 11:52
actually we should all count our blessings, In France even today you will find the "stand/squat and deliver toilets!! Also experienced those on visits to some more remote Chinese factory visits.

on that squatting matter.... is it just me because I am tall and long limbed or do other whiteys here struggle with squatting, all my male filipino relatives can does this for ages when working wood, or drinkling or playing tongit or whatever and wherever we go we will see groups of guys squatting around rather than sitting around... suppose it avoids beasties crawling into your pants:omg::omg::omg:

Jay&Zobel
4th April 2009, 12:21
Found this for you................:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzAdUVBd2k

hehe the Tabo & Timba (Dipper & Bucket) lol
:doh:doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVyGRS_yMv8&feature=PlayList&p=4065374EDC13AB30&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12

katie37pinayuk
4th April 2009, 13:30
i do not understand the case. he was fired because of his way of cleaning himself not cos he was unskilled or not of his inability to do his job.

i am sure in the Philippines, we (filipino), would not mind 'how' foreigners in our country, clean themselves after using the toilet.

Pepe n Pilar
4th April 2009, 17:18
I agree with you Katie, we filipinos doesn't mind on how foreigners in our country clean themselves after using the toilet. Filipinos are used to washing their p**t with water and soap rather than the toilet paper.

That is not fair he was fired from his job because of using the dipper. Everyone should have the freedom of choice on how he/she wants to clean himself/herself after using the toilet as long as he/she doesn't make a mess on the floor.

If he has cleaned/wiped the floor after he has done his washing then the toilet will be clean for the next user, so there should be no problem at all. His case is rediculous.....I can't understand either:NoNo::omg:

We have the hand held shower heads installed in our bathroom. Bidet is also availabe and is quite expensive. Tabo or dipper is very normal in every household in the Phils.

darren-b
5th April 2009, 00:54
I've read other articles to suggest that the problem was not with how he cleaned himself, but with the way he left the cubicle after he finished - splashed with dirty water and soggy toilet paper on the floor. Other employees complained and though he was warned he didn't change his ways at all and still left it in the same state.

Pepe n Pilar
5th April 2009, 13:31
That was i was thinking when i read the article. Why the big deal if he cleaned all his mess after using the toilet.:doh:doh

Tawi2
22nd April 2009, 09:03
I once spent several months in a desert,I caught amoebic dysentry(hospitalised when I got back to UK)and suffered severe "Squirts":butthead:obviously I didnt take 200 rolls of Andrex with me despite it being soft,strong,and very very long,water was a precious commodity as even a camel can only pack so much,so I resorted to wiping with hot sand :omg::omg::bigcry: Theres one thing that did amuse me however.Have you ever watched Dung Beetles trying to scoop up liquid gravy like tae?:icon_lol:

Fitzy
25th April 2009, 09:04
I Don't care!
Bring back Izal medicated tracing paper from the old school days.:D:D
It made you realize that you had an :action-smiley-081::butthead:

IainBusby
25th April 2009, 09:10
I Don't care!
Bring back Izal medicated tracing paper from the old school days.:D:D
It made you realize that you had an :action-smiley-081::butthead:

Oh I remember that shiny toilet paper, the man who invented that should have had his :butthead: wiped with a wire brush. :NoNo:

Fitzy
25th April 2009, 09:15
Oh I remember that shiny toilet paper, the man who invented that should have had his :butthead: wiped with a wire brush. :NoNo:

Hahahahahahah.

I agree:D
I bet he did, and this was the nearest paper equivelant that he could invent:yikes:

The man was a Sado i think, lol