PDA

View Full Version : Marriage advice

Admin
30th October 2004, 23:24
This was sent to me via email, and thought I'd publish it here, as you can bet it won't be the first time people require the same answer;

"hi,

i am 26 yo filipina and i met a british sometime may 2004,,,,at that time,,,we didnt establish evidence of our communication such as emails, letters.

He visited me this Sept.24 and we were engaged to be married this nov. he is coming back this nov.20 to get married and im just waiting for his CNI....

My question is,,,"How can I apply a settlement visa after we get married if we just started our letters and emails this October when he go back to england?"

Is the embassy require many letters and emails?

What is the best thing we could do for us to be together?
we are intented to live together forever and we are really inlove with each other, we really
want to have a happy family together.

Regards Blessy"

Admin
2nd November 2004, 17:41
Hi,

What is best thing to do when all his letters for me is still not yet coming?

What is best marry here in the philippines or marry in England?

I dont know what to do...my family wants to see my wedding so they suggest to get marry here but what me & my fiance want to for us to be together as soon as possible.

Please help.

Blessy

Admin
2nd November 2004, 17:46
Just put together as much information about your relationship as possible starting now, such as phone bills/records, email copies, letters, flight tickets, hotel bills,etc

Marriage is much easier if you do it in the UK, and you need to apply to the British Embassy in Manilla for a Fiancee Visa. If you wish to marry in the Philippines it can be costly, and a mess with the Philippine authorities, and the UK immigration, more information is elsewhere on the site and forum if you go down that route.

If you come to the UK on a Fiancee Visa you then have 6 months to marry, and must reapply before that is up for an extension, and then again after that before you get permanent leave to stay.

Nothing happens fast with the immigration, so it may be 12 months before you are in the UK, but be patient, tell the authorities 100% truth, and you'll have no problems.

ginapeterb
2nd November 2004, 22:14
Forgive me if I am at a loss here, our there some "Brownouts" in the Philippines in all areas.

Cos I must be on another planet, I have spent hours publishing material both from my own research and from the British Embassy Manila, through personal visits to the British Embassy, other web sites, and other peoples experiences and I thank Keith for publishing this e mail but come on !!!!!! all the information is on the Forum in one form or another, its in Courting and Relationships, and also UK Visas, is it me or am I living on another planet. please help ??

Is it that people just do not want to read the advices, ?? there is a whole section on "Evidence of relationship" and how to gather it, and also how to prepare it ? hmmmm Im glad Keith has made it clear how long this takes.

Well done Keith.

Admin
2nd November 2004, 23:46
Don't worry Pete, I get it all the time on my other forums, it's as though the SEARCH button is a myth :)

ginapeterb
2nd November 2004, 23:59
Thanks for that Keith, I must be living on Mars, cos I spend hours working at night and in the daytime albeit I actually do enjoy doing it, but geeeeeze I wish people would read the info, instead of sending help e mails, hmmmmmmmm boy its hard work.

Admin
3rd November 2004, 15:33
"Hi,

Im very pleased for your advice & responses, however i have one more question, is there a lawyer/consultant which i can trust to do all the filings and checked all our documents before we submit an application to the british embassy in Manila?

If there is can u give me his/her contact number?

What is the timeframe before we can be together in england if we will get married this Nov.22,2004?

Thanks,

regards,

Blessy
"

THUMP...THUMP....THUMP...that's the sound of Pete's head banging against the wall ;D ;D

In answer to the question Blessy, please read the info on the forum as well, as we don't remember everything we type in, you'll find all the immigration, marriage, info on here.

But basically if you marry in the Philippines you will need to spend a lot of time in Manilla sorting out all the paperwork. This may take anything from a few weeks to months, which is another reason to marry in the UK. Have a servie of 'Love' in the Philippines instead for the family ;D

As long as you fill out the forms correctly (plenty of advice on here elsewhere), you will not need a solicitor who will only rip you off.

Always have two copies of everything, one for you to keep, and practice on, the other to hand in.

If you marry 22nd Nov, you should be in the UK between June-Dec 05.

DO NOT LIE on any legal paperwork, if your found out you will NEVER gain entry to the UK.

ginapeterb
3rd November 2004, 18:45
ho ho ho .... this is incredible to see e mails like this, and it re-inforces what I have been saying, :'(, this is me crying and as Keith says, "Pete is banging his head against the door", this may be due of course, to the many requests for help, when directed to various areas of the forum which tells you things like

"Timelines, how long does it take for my Filipina Fiancee to come to UK and how long is from when we get engaged to when she steps of the flight at Heathrow" ?

This may be due to the fact, that people find it easier to dump their problems on other peoples shoulders, this is known in the business world as "Flicking their monkey on to your shoulder" you see there you are having lots of monkeys on your shoulder, but by putting the monkey on some one elses shoulder it kind of shifts the problem on to some one else, very soon they become so weighed down with other peoples monkeys, that they cant cope with their own monkeys.

Please Please Please Please read the forum threads, all Information is there.

Oh.....geeeeez life hurts.

Admin
3rd November 2004, 23:08
Monkeys!!! :o I think you need to lie down pete :D