PDA

View Full Version : Sending Money

Sweet_Eden
10th July 2003, 13:49
URL

My boyfriend from England want to send me money and can you suggest some safe way to do this. Thanks ;D

Admin
27th August 2003, 11:48
Answered here http://www.filipinouk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...;num=1057830483 (http://www.filipinouk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1057830483)

mavid
9th March 2005, 22:52
Originally posted by admin@Aug 27 2003, 06:48 PM
Answered here http://www.filipinouk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...;num=1057830483 (http://www.filipinouk.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1057830483)

Quoted post

i tried the link...but it aint workin? :unsure: pls give me another link coz i need to know too...thank u very much

Admin
10th March 2005, 09:45
It did work, until we moved to this newer forum so obviosuly the address changed.

Try http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/...howtopic=15&hl= (http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/index.php?showtopic=15&hl=)

mavid
10th March 2005, 20:27
Originally posted by admin@Mar 10 2005, 04:45 PM
It did work, until we moved to this newer forum so obviosuly the address changed.

Try http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/...howtopic=15&hl= (http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/index.php?showtopic=15&hl=)

Quoted post

thanks pete :)

Admin
10th March 2005, 21:45
Hmmm!! :blink: I've changed into Pete now have I? :lol: :P

mavid
10th March 2005, 21:56
Originally posted by admin@Mar 11 2005, 04:45 AM
Hmmm!! :blink: I've changed into Pete now have I? :lol: :P

Quoted post

oh bugger :blink: ! im so sorry...

thanks keith i mean :D

Admin
10th March 2005, 22:14
Never mind, we almost look the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

ginapeterb
12th March 2005, 13:01
Originally posted by admin@Mar 10 2005, 09:14 PM
Never mind, we almost look the same :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

Quoted post

Mavid, another way you can send money is as follows:

Phil remittances
08700 7445 736
0207 835 1346

to get a rate call 0207 792 5693

They bank with Barclays Knightsbridge London

account no 00251798 sort code 20 06 05

Fees are about £6.00 UK for up to £500.00 not £35.00 like standard bank charges

You need to get your boyfriend to give them a call, he pays the money into their account, they send it, he gets a statement of account from them.

They are located I think in Kensington Church Street not far from Philippine Embassy in Palace Gate

Hope that helps

And yes this is PETE !!!!!

love8888
16th July 2005, 23:01
Another way is by using the Xoom,and quite excellent too as they will kept a tracking on all of your transactionwith them.

ginapeterb
25th July 2005, 00:33
Originally posted by love8888@Jul 16 2005, 10:01 PM
Another way is by using the Xoom,and quite excellent too as they will kept a tracking on all of your transactionwith them.

Quoted post

Love8888, thats interesting, but how are we supposed to know unless you post the information for us, like telling us, where you found this vendor, the information, i.e. the phone numbers, ??? come on help us out...one liners are ok, but if its a help post, give us the details..instead of expecting us all to be mind readers...

C&JEdinburgh
4th August 2005, 20:31
The best way to send money is to get a Flexi Account from Nationwide. Give the card along with pin. There is no charge for taking the money out in the Phils as the exchange is at whole sale hence you get a slightly better rate than in the high street. :D

walesrob
4th August 2005, 20:51
Originally posted by C&JEdinburgh@Aug 4 2005, 08:31 PM
The best way to send money is to get a Flexi Account from Nationwide. Give the card along with pin. There is no charge for taking the money out in the Phils as the exchange is at whole sale hence you get a slightly better rate than in the high street. :D

Quoted post

I'll second that - when I was in Phils with Elsa, I used my FlexiAccount cashcard all the time. On my departure, I left the card with Elsa (she had it 6 months) and she used it every week. Best of all, I could easily transfer money from my current account to the Flexaccount and Elsa could withdraw it next day.

Word of warning, make sure you don't have huge amounts of money in the account - I suggest keep it to max of £100, in case the card is lost or stolen. During the time the card was with Elsa, while she never lost it or mislaid it, there were 3 or 4 very mysterious ATM withdrawals that she couldnt explain. Luckily they were small amounts of money, but it could have been a lot worse.

ATMs in the Philippines are a strange beast. They open and close at random intervals as I found out. Somedays they accept your card, others they dont. Other days they decide they don't like your PIN number!! :huh:

walesrob
4th August 2005, 20:52
Originally posted by love8888@Jul 16 2005, 11:01 PM

Quoted post

You are referring to Xoom (http://www.xoom.com)www.xoom.com

mohawk1975
9th October 2005, 14:17
Has anyone used: http://www.instamoney.co.uk/

???

If so is it safe???

Just doesn't look like a very professional site to me - but looks can be decieving...who knows...?

Admin
9th October 2005, 15:30
If the site don't look good, I never used them.

If you walked into a shop for food, and it looked dirty, you wouldn't give them your money would you?

palauotot
10th October 2005, 07:09
We always tend to use Xoom these days rather than the painfully slow PNB through the London branch. It costs a little more than some other remit services but at least you don't have to provide your grannies life history in order to send a little money, under nanny B.Liar's "money laundering" regulations.We have found it quick and reliable.
Forexworld has also been reliable in the past for quick transfers with charges of $17 for a provincial delivery which is only slightly more than using PNB.

http://www.forexworld.us/default.asp

gecko_pikachu
10th October 2005, 10:56
Originally posted by Sweet_Eden@Jul 10 2003, 12:49 PM
URL

My boyfriend from England want to send me money and can you suggest some safe way to do this. Thanks ;D

Quoted post

Why don't you try Western Union Money Transfer? At least you'd be rest assured that you'd get the money 100%. Just claim the money from any PI banks. :D

ginapeterb
10th October 2005, 11:13
Originally posted by gecko_pikachu@Oct 10 2005, 09:56 AM
Why don't you try Western Union Money Transfer? At least you'd be rest assured that you'd get the money 100%. Just claim the money from any PI banks. :D

Quoted post

You can always use Phil Remit Limited, they have their own website, they are in Kensington, London, hope that helps, western union is ok, but charges are high, £100.00 is £14.00 in charges, however last post is right, they get it straight away.

Eljohno
10th October 2005, 18:03
Over here in N.Ireland we have a place called CBN.I know it works with a bank in London but not sure if there is places like this in England.It works with having a bank account here and in the Philippines and its the cheapest i have found so far at only £4.00 for up to £1,000.....

fletch
16th October 2005, 00:04
Originally posted by Eljohno@Oct 10 2005, 06:03 PM
Over here in N.Ireland we have a place called CBN.I know it works with a bank in London but not sure if there is places like this in England.It works with having a bank account here and in the Philippines and its the cheapest i have found so far at only £4.00 for up to £1,000.....

Quoted post

New to the forum, was just browsing through this topic and thought everyone seems to be spending money sending money from the UK. I opened a Nationwide Bank account (brand new customers only ads on TV?), sent the atm card to my fiancee, not forgetting to sign it before I sent it, and when she received it I told her the PIN number. I put cash in, she draws it out, no charges, no commission, no 'lost in the post' and she gets it at a straight exchange rate applicable at the time, which varies through the day.
Cheapest, quickest and I've found most reliable way to send it, plus I have total control over the money.

jooms
16th October 2005, 11:46
Halifax/Bank of Scotland account by bank transfer to Metro Bank account - £5 fee for transactions up to £1500.

mohawk1975
22nd October 2005, 00:42
Has anyone used www.paystone.com ??? I'm looking for a company to send money door to door to the philippines - preferrably a company that someone on here has used before.

Many thanks

ivor&mel
21st February 2006, 10:09
I guess this topic is a bit stale now, but I would add a word of support for Xoom. I have been using them for 18 months now. OK, from what I have now read here, it seems they are not the cheapest in the world, but certainly cheaper than WU! The money has always been available for pickup within 2 hours at the most from initiating the transfer. Pickup normally has to be at one of 450 Equitable PCI Banks, but they will do a free courier delivery too, though the website says it will take an extra 5-7 "business days" for that to arrive. I've found the process very easy and reliable.

Ivor

Shamrockdave2003
21st February 2006, 21:24
Originally posted by ivor&mel@Feb 21 2006, 09:09 AM
I guess this topic is a bit stale now, but I would add a word of support for Xoom. I have been using them for 18 months now. OK, from what I have now read here, it seems they are not the cheapest in the world, but certainly cheaper than WU! The money has always been available for pickup within 2 hours at the most from initiating the transfer. Pickup normally has to be at one of 450 Equitable PCI Banks, but they will do a free courier delivery too, though the website says it will take an extra 5-7 "business days" for that to arrive. I've found the process very easy and reliable.

Ivor

Quoted post

Hi

I ve been using XOOM for a couple of years aswell and i always use the courier service, my girl lives in Quezon province and it never takes more than 3 working days.

SD

walesrob
21st February 2006, 21:32
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Feb 21 2006, 08:24 PM
Hi

I ve been using XOOM for a couple of years aswell and i always use the courier service, my girl lives in Quezon province and it never takes more than 3 working days.

SD

Quoted post

I'll second that. I used to send money to Elsa using Xoom, and never had a problem.

Pauldo
22nd February 2006, 19:10
Originally posted by admin@Oct 9 2005, 03:30 PM

If you walked into a shop for food, and it looked dirty, you wouldn't give them your money would you?

Quoted post

Eeeeerrrr, I did in the Philippines, every day, for years.... :Hellooo: :D

Shamrockdave2003
9th March 2006, 20:45
Hi Guys,

Do you know want PNB in London is like, how long they take?

I know they are cheap £7 as my gf has a PNB account in Lucena.

I normally use Xoom who are very reliable and fast but last month, i wanted to send her 35k pesos and it cost 42k!! not good, so basically £70 to do a money transfer.

CRAZY

Your advice is welcomed as always

:D

SD

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 20:54
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Mar 9 2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I normally use Xoom who are very reliable and fast but last month, i wanted to send her 35k pesos and it cost 42k!! not good, so basically £70 to do a money transfer.

CRAZY

SD

Quoted post

Hi Dave,

I used a similiar service here in N.Ireland where i could send up to £1000(i sent £400) and they charged me only £5 and it got there in 2 days. As long as your girlfriend has a bank account then its by far the cheapest way to send money. At the time my wife did not have a bank account but was able to open one with £70. I only use places like Western Union if i need a payment to reach my wife the same day and it would have to be an emergency.

John

Shamrockdave2003
9th March 2006, 20:59
Originally posted by Eljohno@Mar 9 2006, 07:54 PM
Hi Dave,

I used a similiar service here in N.Ireland where i could send up to £1000(i sent £400) and they charged me only £5 and it got there in 2 days. As long as your girlfriend has a bank account then its by far the cheapest way to send money. At the time my wife did not have a bank account but was able to open one with £70. I only use places like Western Union if i need a payment to reach my wife the same day and it would have to be an emergency.
John

Quoted post

John,

As i am originally from Ballymena NI :Wave: it would be interesting to know what service u use.

SD

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 21:23
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Mar 9 2006, 07:59 PM
John,

As i am originally from Ballymena NI :Wave: it would be interesting to know what service u use.

SD

Quoted post

Oh a Ballymena man trying to find the cheapest way to do things :D

The exact name of it escapes my memory but it is in Belfast near HMV and across the road from a filipino cafe in the Inn Shops. They are very friendly and helpful but i know it goes through a bank in London also.

Eljohno
9th March 2006, 21:47
Originally posted by Shamrockdave2003@Mar 9 2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Guys,

CRAZY

SD

Quoted post

Hi Dave,

I have just found the receipt of the place i used in Belfast so here is the website.

www.cbngrupo.com

baboyako
6th May 2006, 20:23
just to add my tupence worth.

used xoom a few times, its slow (3-4 days) and expensive.

used western union, very expensive (30quid) but VERY fast (10minutes) you can send US dollars also which is good if she is flying out of the phil. and obviously western union shops everywhere.

now i use the manilla supermarket (upstairs) in earls court. I do it in person, costs 6quid & is there the next day. I'm sure you can call them up and send over the phone - but you would probably need to visit first to set up the account (id & utility bill).

you can also reload smart/globe phones there.

fred
18th May 2006, 15:09
We pay the money into barclays (no acc required) and they send it to PNB..In R.P following day ..7 pounds.

walesrob
18th May 2006, 16:11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(baboyako &#064; May 6 2006, 08&#58;23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
just to add my tupence worth.

used xoom a few times, its slow (3-4 days) and expensive.

[/b][/quote]

Hmmm, I&#39;ve used Xoom many times, and on every occassion, the money has been ready for pick-up within a few minutes. Elsa also uses Xoom weekly (to send money to her Metrobank account and her family) and she also says its almost instant when processing.

ivor&mel
18th May 2006, 17:52
Hmmm, I've used Xoom many times, and on every occassion, the money has been ready for pick-up within a few minutes. Elsa also uses Xoom weekly (to send money to her Metrobank account and her family) and she also says its almost instant when processing.

Instantly available from the bank, but if you want home-delivery, it may take a few days?

Ivor and Mel