PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On Here?

Arthur Little
28th March 2009, 02:06
:Help1: I'm curious! So far, 3 members of this site have contacted me in one way or another asking if they can add my name to their list of friends. I duly accepted all three invitations, and henceforth their names appeared on my Visitors Profile (and mine on theirs).

Imagine my dismay when I logged into my profile, clicked on the red lettering 'Show All Friends' and found the words "Break Friendship" in blue in the top right-hand corner of the rectangular box opposite each of the three people's names. Likewise on theirs. Why? *What does this mean? Are the people concerned now having second thoughts??? Am I being ultra-sensitive here? I have to admit to not having had significant contact with any of them in reply to my 95 posts to date, you see. Plus, with me being neither one hundred per cent au fait with computer jargon nor, indeed, some of the workings of the site itelf [notably how to upload a photo image for public display ... despite the kind efforts of others to assist].

*I only ask because, yesterday forenoon, I myself approached a further four members with a view to friendship and, earlier tonight, decided to see if any of THEIR names had been added and, again, vice versa.

Has anyone else encountered a similar experience?

KeithD
28th March 2009, 10:05
I have no friends :angry:

Piamed
28th March 2009, 10:19
Hi Arthur

I think the 'Break Friendship" option is only there in case one person decides to do just that with another. It's only an option. I've just looked into my User CP in case I was one of the ones you kindly selected to add as a friend; indeed I was, so have accepted and added you as one.

Love to Myrna! Pia and really enjoyed talking with her also and look forward to heading your way with baby in due course. :)

Alan
28th March 2009, 10:42

Me an' all boss - well, only 8! I expected at least a thousand. Is it my deoderant? (Is that how you spell deudirunt?

Happy Mother's Day for last week everyone. (Well, not everyone - I mean - not men - or females who are not yet mothers - and, of course, those who are not quite sure - which amounts to quite a significant percentage of the Filipino population! I mean, err..... those who are 'butter side down' as it were - I mean, not that there is anything WRONG with being.......err......but you couldn't have a Mother's Day anyway could you? Not that it stops you from claiming the RIGHT to have a Mother's Day though.........although............. I'll shut up shall I?

Al.:Erm:

somebody
28th March 2009, 18:07

I sent a Traflgar square pigeon with a message asking you to be my Friend but i appears it was too scared of the sheep to land:D

Mrs.JMajor
28th March 2009, 18:37
:Help1: I'm curious! So far, 3 members of this site have contacted me in one way or another asking if they can add my name to their list of friends. I duly accepted all three invitations, and henceforth their names appeared on my Visitors Profile (and mine on theirs).

Imagine my dismay when I logged into my profile, clicked on the red lettering 'Show All Friends' and found the words "Break Friendship" in blue in the top right-hand corner of the rectangular box opposite each of the three people's names. Likewise on theirs. Why? *What does this mean? Are the people concerned now having second thoughts??? Am I being ultra-sensitive here? I have to admit to not having had significant contact with any of them in reply to my 95 posts to date, you see. Plus, with me being neither one hundred per cent au fait with computer jargon nor, indeed, some of the workings of the site itelf [notably how to upload a photo image for public display ... despite the kind efforts of others to assist].

*I only ask because, yesterday forenoon, I myself approached a further four members with a view to friendship and, earlier tonight, decided to see if any of THEIR names had been added and, again, vice versa.

Has anyone else encountered a similar experience?

That means the setting asking you if you like to break your friendship to them,if you click that one,it will automatically gone him/her on your list

well,i guess you just dont want to accept it :Cuckoo:

somebody
28th March 2009, 18:42
Whhooaahh slow down next your be on friendster, facebook and myspace. Then twittering as you do that:D

Arthur Little
28th March 2009, 22:08
Many thanks to all who've kept me right on this issue. I guess I've just been a wee bit "touchy" [us Scots can be like that, of course] cos, with me being such a friendly, outgoing kinda guy 'n all, I'd been left wondering ... ! So please, don't all rush at once ... !!! [LOL]

KeithD
28th March 2009, 22:36
Many thanks to all who've kept me right on this issue. I guess I've just been a wee bit "touchy" [us Scots can be like that, of course] cos, with me being such a friendly, outgoing kinda guy 'n all, I'd been left wondering ... ! So please, don't all rush at once ... !!! [LOL]
I guess you won't be going to Holland after tonights result, nor putting the ref on your Xmas list :NoNo: