PDA

View Full Version : old wives tale from my nanay

lost_bulak
26th March 2009, 19:22
Recently, my mum sort of had a go at me when I told her that pregnant woman here gets a shower/bath after she delivers a baby. She was saying that I shouldn't take a shower because I might go crazy and all that kind of stuff. She said if ever I would have a shower I should wait for like 5 days to a week and should not last for 5 minutes.

Has anyone of you heard of that or is it just me?

Ann07
26th March 2009, 19:26
Recently, my mum sort of had a go at me when I told her that pregnant woman here gets a shower/bath after she delivers a baby. She was saying that I shouldn't take a shower because I might go crazy and all that kind of stuff. She said if ever I would have a shower I should wait for like 5 days to a week and should not last for 5 minutes.

hehehehe its common in the PI.

Its different here after u have the baby after few mins once u are settled a midwife will assist you to the shower room:icon_lol::icon_lol: I feel better after that:xxgrinning--00xx3: and sleep and sleep hahahaha

Jay&Zobel
26th March 2009, 20:51
lol...

the midwives, nurses, doctors, husband, visitors will go crazy if you are smelly... lol

lost_bulak
26th March 2009, 20:55
lol...

the midwives, nurses, doctors, husband, visitors will go crazy if you are smelly... lol

Hahaha! :icon_lol: I like that one!

tiger@tigress
26th March 2009, 21:22
Thats the practice in Phils plus your first bathe should be warm pito pito hehehe....

scott&ligaya
26th March 2009, 21:40
Hehehehe, I love all of Ligaya's stories of old wives tales/traditions handed down to her and I have heard this one.

Any of the ladies here wnat to share some of the more bizarre ones from their childhoods.

Mrs.JMajor
26th March 2009, 21:54
but dont you think its hard,after making lots of ahhhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhh and gave birth then just quickly straight to bath,aguyyyyyyyyy !:cwm24::cwm24:

Ann07
27th March 2009, 14:31
but dont you think its hard,after making lots of ahhhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhh and gave birth then just quickly straight to bath,aguyyyyyyyyy !:cwm24::cwm24:

Thats why they let u settled first hehehehehe and make you a cuppa tea and toast:doh:xxgrinning--00xx3: and parents bonding with the new arrival lol:D

Aye, true zobel hahahahaha after those bloody experience ahahahaha its really stinky:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
27th March 2009, 21:36

lol...

Hahaha! :icon_lol: I like that one!

Thats why they let u settled first hehehehehe and make you a cuppa tea and toast:doh:xxgrinning--00xx3: and parents bonding with the new arrival lol:D

Aye, true zobel hahahahaha after those bloody experience ahahahaha its really stinky:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

YEP BLOODY STINKY! HAHAHA
:peepwall::peepwall::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

SO THE ANSWER IS: BETTER GIVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD WASH HEHHE

misscarie
10th April 2009, 20:34
lol...

:laugher: waaa Zobel u made me laugh here hahaha ....

i can't wait to hear ur news.

Hope everything is OK.

God Bless.

Tawi2
16th April 2009, 10:23
Loads of old wives tales from pinas(from old wives one assumes?)Last week I stayed in a guest house on Siquijor,line of salt,pieces of garlic and ginger on the window sills,and the piece de resistance a sting-ray tail under the bed,all to ward off aswang :icon_lol::omg::icon_lol: