PDA

View Full Version : Kali/Panatukan/Dumog help

bu11dozer
25th March 2009, 15:55
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend an instructor in Filipino Martial Arts in London. Preferably in West End. I am looking for a studio/class but am also open to a possibility of private lessons.

Thanks a lot,
Bu11dozer

aromulus
25th March 2009, 17:57
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend an instructor in Filipino Martial Arts in London. Preferably in West End. I am looking for a studio/class but am also open to a possibility of private lessons.

Thanks a lot,
Bu11dozer

Filipino Martial Arts......:omg:

Northerner
16th July 2009, 21:08
Look up Bob Breen, or any Jeet Kune Do (JKD) school.

If they follow the Dan Inosanto lineage, they will also practice a lot of Filipino Martial Art systems. But as MMA is all the rage today they might focus more on the stuff known to work in competition.

But Stick fighting is popular amongst the JKD Concepts people, as is Panantukan, Dumog, Hubud. etc.. But with JKD it is mixed up with other arts. So they will happily blend Boxing with Panantukan, Dumog with Greco Roman wrestling and so on..

My old Instructor Steve Powell in Manchester has some links to other people in the UK..

Get Googling..:)

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 21:17
Seen a few awesome Escrima exponents in Pinas,and once learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar :)

Northerner
17th July 2009, 12:05
Seen a few awesome Escrima exponents in Pinas,and once learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar :)

Impressed:xxgrinning--00xx3: Jackie Chan:)

I plan to stop by on some school in the phils. Not practicing though.. That stick work tears the skin off of your fingers:NoNo:

Those days are gone with my wilder youth:rolleyes: Now I just like to Box once a blue moon:cwm3:

Sophie
17th July 2009, 13:57
Lol, this reminds of the aikido lessons i took back in my college days.....very ideal for a woman as you don't need strength much,
coz you actually use your attackers strength against himself...just as long as the moves are properly executed, otherwise it will backfire, lol

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 14:19
Yup,Jackie Chan himself,funny world sometimes :icon_lol: I found this pic of me in Victorian costume for the movie "Drunken masters 2",they put brylcream on my hair and make-up on my face :xxgrinning--00xx3: I broke my ankles and shoulder long time ago so I am out of those sort of games now,the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 15:13
are you the short fat one? :D

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 15:14
i dont know what my wife does but when she gets mad she can kick my butt! :bigcry: :NoNo:

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 15:17
Fat?Me?I have seen more fat on a greasy chip :icon_lol: Then I was 13 1/2 stone with a very low BMI,I was training three or four times a week,and running every day :xxgrinning--00xx3: Fat???:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Northerner
17th July 2009, 16:55
Fat?Me?I have seen more fat on a greasy chip :icon_lol: Then I was 13 1/2 stone with a very low BMI,I was training three or four times a week,and running every day :xxgrinning--00xx3: Fat???:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Then you discovered Jollibee:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 19:50
I like Jollibee :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
18th July 2009, 17:32
learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar :)

Wow! :rolleyes: