PDA

View Full Version : Good Day from Hanoi - Vietnam

lavander
22nd March 2009, 11:28
...and so the story continue

am here at the moment at Vietnam, doing things as usual (work related).. so whats the buzz... 3 Things!

1. There is no d*mn English translation of most of the signage here...
2. There is handful of people who can talk english ( basic hi and hell0) thats its.
3. Most of the food are not translated in English..so here the big problem...
Dog meat is a common part of there. menu..i dont dare to take order outside of my comfort zone ( my hotel resto) so yah am dreading myse lf with never ending pizza and pasta and if lucky a few glass of margarita...

So ask if am intend to go back!.. not a chance!.. am just glad am sharing this business trip with my colleague (now a my BF) so yah... things getting better from a different perspective... :)

Btw - since we arrived ( 17.03.2009), the taxi always got lost finding the place where we should do our work... perhaps our new office here is not yet mapped in the current vietnam official district (sigh)

And lasly - 1SGD = 11,000VND... so as of now, i can consider myself Millionare as i exchange 300SGD into VND...so yah, am 3M Millionaire by now...hahahhaa

....to be continue....

Greate weekend ahead to all you...

Reporting from Melia Hotel - Hanoi Vietnam...

XXX

Mrs.JMajor
22nd March 2009, 12:09
:Blacklistthatsucks: oh no ! take :spam1: dont eat dog meat :D

Hmm and so Hi and Hello,no wonder vietnameze are not famous like filipina:rolleyes: late developing country :D

:D

Have fun Irene:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
22nd March 2009, 12:13
Welcome back Lavander:Hellooo::Hellooo:

With a population of over 86 million, Vietnam is the 13th most populous country in the world.

with a population of about 90 million people, Philippines is the world's 12th most populous country in the world.

they are somewhat similar. Some filipinos do eat dog meat as well.:doh

:Hellooo:

scott&ligaya
22nd March 2009, 14:26
Hi there Lavander, I stayed at the Melia last year, the chinese restuarant was okay but the thai one was at best only passable. Have any of your clients took you across the block to the Opera house (yawn what a boring event it was all I could do to stay awake!!)

Survive Hanoi

Scott

lavander
22nd March 2009, 17:17
:
Have fun Irene:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Thanks Juliet...

looking forward to meet on when i stop by in UK by end of April.. with my 3B of course... ;-)

Rgds to ur hubby tom!

lavander
22nd March 2009, 17:19
Welcome back Lavander:Hellooo::Hellooo:

With a population of over 86 million, Vietnam is the 13th most populous country in the world.

with a population of about 90 million people, Philippines is the world's 12th most populous country in the world.

they are somewhat similar. Some filipinos do eat dog meat as well.:doh

:Hellooo:

Thanks itsme_iye, i have to agree with u Dog meat is also in our menu list..but this are only for bitbite while having a beer or two.. here is different, its part of there normal menu... also i got a chance to talk to a local..they believe that eating dog end of the month will bring them luck...

Luck!? ... perhaps for the local badluck for those dogs...... Pity!

Take care!

lavander
22nd March 2009, 17:25
Hi there Lavander, I stayed at the Melia last year, the chinese restuarant was okay but the thai one was at best only passable. Have any of your clients took you across the block to the Opera house (yawn what a boring event it was all I could do to stay awake!!)

Survive Hanoi

Scott

I dont take chance to see the opera house... not our type..we just go out from our hotel to take some sovenier.....were enjoying the Melia facilities much more on the resto u have mentioned....

Life here is a bit laid back... motorbike is a necessity! and no traffic rules..
I still love Manila and i love my 3B... :)

.... we have plan to check out the Halong River but weather is no good so we decide to stay in our room...order food in our room and etc etc...things getting better and better...

...i aim my 3b to sing a filipino song - straight with a twang accent!..wish me luck.. i told him that if he could sing that perfectly i'll bring him to Philippines to meet my family.... a dare so challenging for him to do.. i never mention to him that he should taste a balut once we visit the PI...

...ha ha ha...so lets see.. bedtime now..

Take care.