PDA

View Full Version : Plea For Help From A Self-Confessed 'Luddite' ...

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 17:25
... :Erm: can anyone give me a simple step-by-step guide on how to upload one of my wedding photos for use as a public profile display image? Despite the availability of instructions onsite, I'm none the wiser ...

Mrs Daddy
19th March 2009, 18:23
1.go to Gallery

2.Upload file

3.press Browse

4. press continue

Hope that helps...:)

aromulus
19th March 2009, 18:37
... :Erm: can anyone give me a simple step-by-step guide on how to upload one of my wedding photos for use as a public profile display image? Despite the availability of instructions onsite, I'm none the wiser ...

1- Go to "User Cp"
2- Click on "Edit profile picture"
New window opens
3- click on "Browse"
"My pictures" opens
4- Select photo
5- Click on "save changes"

6- Bob's your uncle.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
19th March 2009, 19:09
With a name as you have my friend i'd expect you to be far from Luddite!

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 19:58
With a name as you have my friend i'd expect you to be far from Luddite!

:icon_lol: Why's that then?

Piamed
19th March 2009, 20:06
:icon_lol: Why's that then?

Arthur D Little is one of the world's top Management Consulting firms.:)

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 20:10
Thanks to those who've done their best to enlighten me. Thing is, I'm trying to include ONE specific picture [as a profile display image on this site] selected from a batch taken at Myrna & I's wedding last December, and copies of which were forwarded to my computer at home during January - whilst I was still in the Philippines. So I guess that's why the instructions kindly given to me don't seem to work. :NoNo:

Piamed
19th March 2009, 20:15
Arthur. Are the pics saved on your pc?

Arthur Little
19th March 2009, 20:23
Er ... I'm not sure really, but I suppose they must be because I've just been looking at them on this computer a short time ago (you can see now what I mean about me being a luddite!) Should I transfer them to my Folders?

Piamed
19th March 2009, 20:28
You should be able to get the browse stage and find them whereever they are. Either on the desktop or elsewhere.

Sconnie
19th March 2009, 21:53
Arthur,
Can you find the picture you require using the browse function ?
If you can and it still wont upload maybe the file size is too big.

IainBusby
20th March 2009, 16:51
Er ... I'm not sure really, but I suppose they must be because I've just been looking at them on this computer a short time ago (you can see now what I mean about me being a luddite!) Should I transfer them to my Folders?

Yes Arthur, transfer them from the camera to My Documents\My Pictures first, then you will have to make sure the file is not too big. A good quality camera, depending on how it's set, may create pictures that are anything up to 1.4Mb and to upload the files to the forum, they can't be much bigger than 100Kb, about 1 tenth of that.

Once you have transferred them to your folders, if they are not too big, just follow the instructions that others have given you

To make them smaller you would have to open them in a graphics program and then save them again, using something like the "Save for use on the web" function which should come up if you choose "Save As" instead of "Save".

If you can't manage it let me know and I'll send you a PM with my email address. Then you can email the pic to me, I'll resize it for you and send it back to you.

Cheers,
Iain.

PeterB
21st March 2009, 07:24
Arthur, I suspect that you're looking at the photos in your email. You will need to save the photos to a folder in order to be able to upload onto the website.

IainBusby
21st March 2009, 16:48
Arthur, I suspect that you're looking at the photos in your email. You will need to save the photos to a folder in order to be able to upload onto the website.

If that is the case then you should right-click on the email that the pictures are attached to, then click on "Save attachments", then save them to your My Documents\My Pictures folder. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
22nd March 2009, 17:36
If that is the case then you should right-click on the email that the pictures are attached to, then click on "Save attachments", then save them to your My Documents\My Pictures folder. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I guess that these instructions depend on whether Arthur is relying on a webmail interface, using Mickysoft Outlook, or using a superior mail client!