PDA

View Full Version : 3 kinds of face reaction when you saw pinoy in the UK

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 17:04
1 ) She had a very welcoming and friendly smile..... I met her at lowestoft (ASDA) i can feel her she missed her kababayan so much, i didnt notice her its just hubby ask me to look at her cause shes looking at me,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

2) Other one is, she think of herself she is the maid of the family cause she is on the corner and the mother in law and husband are picking some stuff,when i smile to her she gone for a distance and look to mom in law and her hubby that look like once they saw her shes talking to same race ,she might have some scolding :doh

3) wala lang parang walang nakita :icon_lol::Rasp: means....those are the people hubby said "she is half a mile up on her own ass":rolleyes:

they'll just ignore you :icon_lol::Rasp::Cuckoo: so I ignore them back :Cuckoo:

nids123
18th March 2009, 17:09
thanks for the info mrs jm

Jay&Zobel
18th March 2009, 18:17
1 ) She had a very welcoming and friendly smile..... I met her at lowestoft (ASDA) i can feel her she missed her kababayan so much, i didnt notice her its just hubby ask me to look at her cause shes looking at me,:xxgrinning--00xx3:
2) Other one is, she think of herself she is the maid of the family cause she is on the corner and the mother in law and husband are picking some stuff,when i smile to her she gone for a distance and look to mom in law and her hubby that look like once they saw her shes talking to same race ,she might have some scolding :doh
3) wala lang parang walang nakita :icon_lol::Rasp: means....those are the people hubby said "she is half a mile up on her own ass":rolleyes:

To add:
4) She can be snobbish if she sees you with your Brit husband... Hmp, nakapunta ka lang here sa UK dahil sa kanya, ako sariling kayod... lol (You are here only because your Brit husband brought you to this place, but I was here because of my profession...

tiN
18th March 2009, 18:50
To add:
4) She can be snobbish if she sees you with your Brit husband... Hmp, nakapunta ka lang here sa UK dahil sa kanya, ako sariling kayod... lol (You are here only because your Brit husband brought you to this place, but I was here because of my profession...

Experience quite a lot of that:doh:doh

Just ignore and laugh at them:D

adam&chryss
18th March 2009, 18:56
yeah true they are snobbish.. we went to freeport the other day and we've seen few filipinos. only one filipino who said hi to me when i smiled at him. i think filipinos are ok but filipinas they won't even smile you back.

but just this afternoon i saw a young filipina who smiled at me and said hello. well, i said hello. but didn't have time to chat coz i wasn't expecting it and we're both walking in different way.

aromulus
18th March 2009, 19:22
I like the puzzled faces when I see Pinoys blokes and say to Them.....

"Hi Joe".......:icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
18th March 2009, 19:35
To add:

:yikes: Likewise She/He cant come here unless she got her profession,try to do all the hard things we done,including dumaan sa butas ng karayom (we went through the hole of the needle) when we sort all the documents for the ECO huh !:rolleyes:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

you beat 'em

Piamed
18th March 2009, 19:38

Love it; I must try that one!

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 19:43
There are many reasons why some filipinas are snobbish. Some just want to mind her own business, some had experienced bad abt fellow filipinas, some are arrogant etc. Whatever it is then give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have told my husband abt my bad experiences but i also told her the good traits of filipinas. He said he understands. It can be found in any person of any nationality not just filipinas.

:)

Sconnie
18th March 2009, 20:15
Good and bad, nice not nice are found in all people, races, nationalities, whatever.
I find the best and wisest people don't judge others....

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 20:26
Definitely right Sconnie we don't have to judge others.

3) wala lang parang walang nakita means....those are the people hubby said "she is half a mile up on her own ass"

they'll just ignore you so I ignore them back

(Baka naman namatayan or may problema or meron may sakit sa pamilya kaya parang tulala or walang nakita.:rolleyes:)

Probably she's mourning over the loss of someone she loved or has problems or a member of her family is sick hence she seems she didn't see you at all....

When i first came here i was surprised of these filipina traits and got mad also but after awhile i met some of them and listened to their predicaments.
Now i know why......

ginapeterb
18th March 2009, 20:38
My Gin Gin and I are reading the initial post plus all the answers, its so funny is it not my friends and kababayans, we have also experienced this, In Hong Kong, we said hello to some of the ladies there at the noodle bar, they did not reply, nor did they offer any greeting, they just stared at my Gin Gin.

I think its because I am big white man, maybe they thought hmmm she just use her..charms ????? to get to farang land !

Then we met 2 nice Filipina on the water front in Kowloon, and they ask Gin Gin where she is from, and she said..Bacolod City, then they were from Ilo Ilo City, same dialect and same area, so they chatted and smiles and all friendly.

Then we met one in Colchester, they said ahhh we work here ! we are Nurses, and my Gin Gin said, yes me too, I work here too, I am in a School, I am a science technician, then they were shocked, because you see girls, you wives of British men, do not have jobs, you cannot get jobs, because you only came here, with foreigner man and use your charms, but you never had to work, in your life, because mana from heaven fall into your plate.

Then there is the snobbish types, is it Suplada, they think they have hit the big time here in London or rest of UK, and they let you know about it, my Gin Gin laughs at them, saying, "They just want to be seen", we saw one like that at the Manila Supermarket, she was making it so obvious she wished to be seen by all in attendance.

I was LOL at my car, because...she is so obvious, then she got a parking ticket for leaving her car on double yellow lines....that was even funnier to see !

The wives at this forum should not worry, they should just laugh at them, and be thankful for your charms...cos according to those ones, you used your charms to get here....I think they mean something else, (which is quite rude I think) but I am a gentleman and cannot write it in this post.

charlwill
18th March 2009, 21:52
To add:
Do I b****y care? I don't want to give a damn to those people who have this kind of attitude as long as I am not asking my daily needs to them. I have few nurses friends here in the UK but they dont have this snobbish attitude.

Pepe n Pilar
18th March 2009, 22:29
I also have friends( filipina nurses) and they are very nice and friendly. I was invited to a dinner and everyone had brought filipino food. They are earning well but humble so not all filipinas who arrived here on working visas are arrogant......:)

pennybarry
19th March 2009, 07:54

On our way going to Aviemore last week, we had a stop over at Fiscally Loch, I met a filipino couple from Davao, They were nice, malayo pa nakangiti na:icon_lol:, The man works as Chef in a hotel while her wife is a math teacher. They have free accommodation, electric, water.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

One time, I met some nurses and they snobbed me :cwm23: if they were thinking I came here just because I married a british, well they were wrong. I just kept silent:icon_lol:. When I was still in the Philippines, some of my c:icon_lol:customers asked, "kaya ba may shop ka dahil may asawa kang puti? kaya ba may house ka ibinili ka nya:omg:? (Is is because of your hubby that's why you have shop, and house?) I just replied, It's from all my hard earned money!!!:doh

ginapeterb
19th March 2009, 08:36
It seems to me the whole thing is amusing, for one thing, if you are a British Citizen by birth, and can trace your family back many years, as I did, you are quite amused by foreigners who come here and start pontificating about who should be here.

There seems to me to be some sort of social ladder among Filipino's about how you came to UK, if your a wife, your on the low rungs of the ladder, if you are a profession on a work visa, you seem to be at the top rungs of the ladder.

In 1939 my Grandfather was given a battle field commission to Captain at the time he was a Warrant Officer in 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards, something of which I am so proud of, he was later killed in action leading his men into action, I have photos of him on parade with his battalion at Caterham Surrey, in 1930 some 79 years ago, I also treasure that my Father gave me his Passport, which clearly shows -

"British SUBJECT - Citizen of the British Empire - her Colonies and territories"

In the old days, back before 1982 and the British nationality Act, which is brought in, because marriage was being abused by the influx of immigrants, if you married a foreign girl she did not have to apply for Entry to the UK, nor did she have to apply for nationality.

These are only recent laws that were passed to control the influx of foreign spouses, we used to believe back then, that if you married a foreign girl, she automatically is your wife and henceforth would be a British Citizen without any applications questions or hoops and hurdles, times have changed and for good reasons.

As far as I am concerned, if you marry a Filipina, regardless of whether she has to apply to have what is rightfully hers, by tradition and history, she should be considered British by marriage - the paperwork and the hoops and hurdles are a social construct of successive governments - it has to be done - but the principle remains.

Those who come to work in our country because they are granted work permits are come here because they choose to do so for reasons of economic migration, if they are lucky enough to fill a post which is in short supply in our own country, then they are given that opportunity, which is seldom available in other countries.

The Policy of our government was one of managed economic migration to fill those jobs that could not be filled by our own citizens, those who are granted work permits, have the right after five years within the UK to apply for citizenship, this is a priivilidge granted to them, which may change in the future.

There are those that believe and I am one of them, and there are others that agree with me, that these ones, should not be given British Citizenship, and the right to have the protection of the British Government and to carry a British travel document.

Regardless of the fact that they have worked for five years, that it is the reason they came to work, not to settle, nor to exchange loyalties between countries, nor were they given work permits to come to our country and comment about the status and validity of their own countrymen who are here as citizens by marriage.

There social discrimination and their rather peculiar social ladder protestations are of no consequence, and the majority of Filipino's are kind and generous and friendly there will always be the odd ones, who have some sort of inferiority complex, about their own status in life, and reasons for being here.

Maybe there is some resentment perhaps of a young Filipina who may be 20 years old or less who comes to this country, and they might say, "She has not graduated" she does not have any skills, she has not worked, what right is she to be here, they might surmise that she is not educated, why should she have a quick ticket here, when we work, we graduated, we have profession, we are professional, and then look at them, they get to have a house of their own, they are supported and do not have to work.

We on the other hand, have to work long hours, day and night to make it in life, you can see how these ones might be resentful, but one has to say, that is life, thats how it is, and they often make pronouncements, about things they know little about.

Looking over the fence at others, is a cause of envy, envy makes people say and do things they really ought not, there have been Filipina's who have married millionaires, here in UK, I heard of one who has married a German Prince, what will they say about her, its life !

Some get lucky, some don't, whatever we have in life, there is one sure thing that will protect all of us, and those ones from being envious, your own dignity and self respect, and I refer all readers to the people of the North Manila Cemetery who for all of their hardships, they get on with their lives and maintain their self respect and dignity in all adversities.

I think that just about sums it up.

aromulus
19th March 2009, 08:48
I think that just about sums it up.

As usual Peter's input is always straight to the point, well thought and delivered.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you went into politics, I would vote for you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 08:57
Yes GinapeterB had said it all. Well said.

Cheers:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

nids123
19th March 2009, 09:07
well even here in philippines most pilipina or pinoy see u with white they think bad on us married with white,but i don t care to them as long i know that i love my husband not becouse he is white.

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 09:48
Nice:).....wake up look for this thread :)nd this is what we call open forum,thanks everyone for all your opinion,especially Mod Ginapeterb,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 10:00
Good to know everyone has contributed their ideas. This is what the forum should be like. We don't make it personal if some people have pointed out on something which is the opposite of what we may have thought of.

Cheers to everyone!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

ginapeterb
19th March 2009, 10:13
Whilst writing on this subject, I would like to tell all of you about a lovely kind gentleman who I had the honor to meet recently, only last week, I called on a Mr Ted Gilkes one of our war veteran's from the 2nd world war.

I was visiting him as a prospective client in my business, and during the initial chat, I found we got on very well, it all started when he said to me "my goodness, your a big boy ? which regiment were you in ?"

I laughed at the time, and said, Sir 2nd battalion Coldstream Guards, and he laughed and said, I knew it... ( I later went on to tell him, that I did join up, but ended up on a different path to the one I intended.)

Actually I was not 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards as I never did follow my Grandfather, rather, my Father wanted me to serve in the Royal Signals as he did shortly after the Occupation of Germany.

I started my career as a boy apprentice and served with 19 Air Mobile Brigade, not so colourful as Household Division of Guards, but the spirit was there.

Mr Gilkes went on to show me his amazing collection of Gongs as he called them, Gongs is short for those who are not sure what that is, for Campaign service medals, awarded to those who distinguished themselves in various wars our country has fought in.

Mr Gilkes who is 85 years old, certainly can tell you some stories, he told me about the time, they were surrounded in Belgium, by invading German Army, and how the French and Belgians, retreated and left our boys there to fight alone.

He told me how he landed in North Africa, and how for days, he and his comrades had to fight a superior German Afrika Corps, with little food, little ammunition and no supplies, and how you never knew from one day to the next whether you would ever make it home alive.

He then showed me his George Cross, only awarded to those who displayed gallantry in the face of the enemy, rarely bestowed, only 2nd in line to the Ultimate Victoria Cross.

He told me about Italy, and the landings at Sicilly, the landings at Arnhem, and the D Day invasion, we talked for 3 hours, and when I looked at the clock, it was 1 pm in the afternoon, he had photographs, and he re-lived his experiences as though they were only yesterday.

I tried to imagine myself there with him, and could only lament on the fact, that what he was telling me about, was the history lessons I learned by reading books and watching movies about that period.

Mr Gilkes is a jovial man, he asks for nothing, he blames no one, he is proud to be British, he sees the best in every one, he has a great sense of humor and he laughs like you won't believe, he has terrible Arthritis, and he has a catheter bag on his leg, the poor man has to urinate through a bag, and then turn the tap on, to empty the bag in the WC, he barely walks but insists on doing everything himself.

When I commented on his disabilities, he said to me, disabilities, what disabilities ? I am the same man as I was 50 years ago, well maybe he is, he certainly acts and talks like he is, but what amazes me about this man, is his total belief in citizenship, country and Queen, if you look on his wall, he is one of those pensioners, who has the Queen on a plate on his wall, and the coronation plate of 1952 when the late King George the VI died and the crown passed to our current Queen.

If I wanted to know what it was to be a BRITISH CITIZEN, Ted Gilkes embodies what it means for me.

He does not winge, he does not comment, he does not judge, he does not reklamo, about anything, he lives life, and in his own words, "Sometimes, I can't believe I am here" Life is so good !

Any of us reading this should ask ourselves a question, do we wanna know what it is to have British Citizenship, then ask Ted Gilkes, he tell you ! as far as he is concerned, we are the greatest people in the world, and to be honest, I am not going argue with him ? will you ?

kimmi
19th March 2009, 13:47
very well said, Kuya Peter..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

so far in my experience eventhough our place is called "remote", I am lucky and proud to say that we have a flipino community in here and everytime we heard or we learned that there's a new filipino/filipina within the area we made it a point that we communicate with them and we met sometimes once a week..:Hellooo: haven't met any snobbish filipina yet..:Erm::doh

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 13:58
HI Sis Kimmi, don't say remote, say countryside... Scotland is beautiful...Where you in Scotland? If you're near Edinburgh we can meet up sometime.:):Hellooo:I wanted to go to Scotland.....:)

Jay&Zobel
19th March 2009, 14:15
I love this family! Cheers guys!

kimmi
19th March 2009, 14:22
HI Sis Kimmi, don't say remote, say countryside... Scotland is beautiful...Where you in Scotland? If you're near Edinburgh we can meet up sometime.:):Hellooo:I wanted to go to Scotland.....:)

thank you sis Shelly, Scotland is beautiful and lovely indeed its just ashame some called it "remote":doh.. I am sure when they make a visit there they will keep coming back for more..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:icon_lol:

i also love to meet u soon but we're on the west coast of Scotland..but who knows??:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
19th March 2009, 14:27
Yea someday hope we will meet up. Just tell me when bec i can go to Edinburgh.
TAke care.:)

Ji&Ma
19th March 2009, 16:36
thank you sis Shelly, Scotland is beautiful and lovely indeed its just ashame some called it "remote":doh.. I am sure when they make a visit there they will keep coming back for more..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:icon_lol:

i also love to meet u soon but we're on the west coast of Scotland..but who knows??:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

:omg::cwm24:wwooow, West coast? May I ask whereabouts? Just curious coz I've spent nearly 3 absolutelly amazing years on west coast in Kyle of Lochalsh. Sure you know that place...:xxgrinning--00xx3: Middle of nowhere...:D Missing it pretty much sometimes down in here in England, no hills around rising from the sea... Missing pretty lots of things, except those small buggers midges:ARsurrender: Guess you've got some experience of them too as you are on west coast:D

Mrs Daddy
19th March 2009, 16:42
There are many reasons why some filipinas are snobbish. Some just want to mind her own business, some had experienced bad abt fellow filipinas, some are arrogant etc. Whatever it is then give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have told my husband abt my bad experiences but i also told her the good traits of filipinas. He said he understands. It can be found in any person of any nationality not just filipinas.

i agree to that specially the nurses in hospital not all of them but some of them ignores filipina`s if they sees one.in my case why should i extend my hand for them:Cuckoo::action-smiley-081:

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 18:40
This is what the forum should be like. We don't make it personal if some people have pointed out on something which is the opposite of what we may have thought of.
Cheers to everyone!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:
:xxgrinning--00xx3::rolleyes:

I love this family! Cheers guys!

yes zobel,nice right?:xxgrinning--00xx3: (giggle)

:omg::cwm24:wwooow, West coast? May I ask whereabouts? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Middle of nowhere...:D

:D:) where you now Ji&Ma

aromulus
19th March 2009, 18:44
1 ) "she is half a mile up on her own ass":rolleyes:

:Cuckoo:

Mabao kag lubot....????:Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 18:47
Mabao kag lubot....????:Erm:

hahahaha :23_116_6[1]:

Unsa dija Mod uy

Ji&Ma
19th March 2009, 18:57
:D:) where you now Ji&Ma[/QUOTE]

Now I am living in Oxfordshire - Bicester and my fiancee Maricel is in Makati. Just wish for her to be in her already, feelin bit lonely without her by my side... :( Going to apply for her visa soon so we keep praying, fingers crossed...

Mrs.JMajor
19th March 2009, 19:03
:D:) where you now Ji&Ma

Now I am living in Oxfordshire - Bicester and my fiancee Maricel is in Makati. Just wish for her to be in her already, feelin bit lonely without her by my side... :( Going to apply for her visa soon so we keep praying, fingers crossed...[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhh ! Wish you Good luck ,dont worry stay on the forum while preparing documents and you will be alright,and tell her about the forum so she can get some tips preparing all the necessary docs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
19th March 2009, 19:18
No worries MrsJ, thank you. I've gathered lots of information from this forum already. Preparation of the documents is bit more on my side right now though, coz there is more to be done in here than back in Phils - I mean all those letters, statements, confirmations etc etc... But, with thanks to this forum, we are gettting better and better. I'm very close to send that pile of papers over to Makati to Maricel, it is going to be her time to "play ball" for a while:D But I'm going to support her as much as I can through that time...She doesn't seem so, but she is tough girl and she has all my confidence.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
20th March 2009, 07:43
very well said, Kuya Peter..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

so far in my experience eventhough our place is called "remote", I am lucky and proud to say that we have a flipino community in here and everytime we heard or we learned that there's a new filipino/filipina within the area we made it a point that we communicate with them and we met sometimes once a week..:Hellooo: haven't met any snobbish filipina yet..:Erm::doh

You're right Kimmi, but remote or not, it's still part of UK:D, I advise them to visit lovely Scotland. Hubby said he lived in London for 17 years saved nothing as all is expensive, busy, traffic etc. He loves to live here now :icon_lol: PEACE and QUIET.

Anyway, we have places in the PHilippines called remote. Who lives there?:Hellooo:

aromulus
20th March 2009, 07:57
Anyway, we have places in the PHilippines called remote. Who lives there?:Hellooo:

Tribes of TV's, DVD Players, VCR's.....:Erm:

kimmi
20th March 2009, 10:23
Tribes of TV's, DVD Players, VCR's.....:Erm:

:omg::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

lala
20th March 2009, 11:11
[QUOTE=charlwill;122295][SIZE=3]Do I b****y care? I don't want to give a damn to those people who have this kind of attitude as long as I am not asking my daily needs to them.

I absolutely agree with that Ms Charlwill.....and also why Pinays are like that coz theyre a bit insecure for some reason....my hubby always told me everytime were at the mall and saw some pinays, sometimes it made me laugh coz im sure theyre not pinay theyre THAI or TAI....:BouncyHappy:
but for those who dont care, well ignore me coz i dont care too as long as they wont say a word against me ..

Cheers

lala
20th March 2009, 11:14
You're right Kimmi, but remote or not, it's still part of UK:D, I advise them to visit lovely Scotland. Hubby said he lived in London for 17 years saved nothing as all is expensive, busy, traffic etc. He loves to live here now :icon_lol: PEACE and QUIET.

living in London is very nice, loads of Filipino people too, you can easily get what you wanted...."dont metion the price" for you not to had a pain in your a** :doh:doh

Never been to Scotland.....hubby says its nice too

charlwill
20th March 2009, 14:18

I been to Scotland and oh my, what a lovely place to live. I don't think Scotland is a remote area. Only a pickle minded person called Scotland that way.

tomm
20th March 2009, 14:44
I been to Scotland and oh my, what a lovely place to live. I don't think Scotland is a remote area. Only a pickle minded person called Scotland that way.

Going off topic a bit aren't we :NoNo:

I guess you have only been to Glasgow or Edinburgh. It's a fact some of the most remote areas of the UK are in Scotland... the North and Western Isles in particular.

vrn
20th March 2009, 14:47
As what I was informed, you can find the best place to live in UK in Scotland particularly at Edinburgh...and it seems, there are lots of actors and actresses originated there...too bad I couldn't remember the names my hubby told me....:Erm::doh

katie37pinayuk
20th March 2009, 14:53
To add:

it could also be that she is envious of you having a brit husband who surely loves you as he brought you all the way from the Philippines while she is already in the UK working as a professional but couldnt get one :D

Pepe n Pilar
20th March 2009, 14:55
yes i've noticed it too but it was bec of the word "remote". :)

Anyway, there are really a lot of different reactions when we happen to see filipinas. There are good, not so good, snobbish, friendly, smiling faces, don't bother at all, accomodating, etc etc.

They are still filipinas.... our kababayans....:)

If we don't know them then we can't judge..

If we know them and they react that way then....it must be bec of the changes of the lifestyle they are now enjoying in this country which they haven't experienced at all hence the arrogant attitudes and snobbish...:doh:doh

Culture shock baga:Rasp::icon_lol::doh:NoNo:::NoNo::omg::omg::NoNo::NoNo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

vrn
20th March 2009, 14:59

I noticed....

so to go back to the topic...I will share my experience...

after 2 months of giving birth, me and my husband went to the shopping center here in Milton Keynes with our little baby boy.

We were at a certain shop (Debenhams) looking for a perfume when I heard a couple of women speaking in Tagalog...I got sooo excited and said HELLO to them, but they just said "hi" and turned away...:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I was quiet disappointed really...

Pepe n Pilar
20th March 2009, 15:02
it could also be that she is envious of you having a brit husband who surely loves you as he brought you all the way from the Philippines while she is already in the UK working as a professional but couldnt get one :D

I've heard that comment from one filipina i met. She said she has been here for 8 yrs and still single, can't find one.....:):doh

charlwill
20th March 2009, 19:43

I guess you have only been to Glasgow or Edinburgh. It's a fact some of the most remote areas of the UK are in Scotland... the North and Western Isles in particular.

Hey, I am not the one who started it. I just only replying to some off topic reply. NOP, I grew up in the city but I really hate cities. When I went to Scotland I visited lots of places and I just saying what I think of Scotland. For me, Scotland is a very lovely place and not a remote one. And one more thing as I've said about my previous reply in this topic. I am not going to give a damn to those people who have a bad attitude towards their fellow country men. As long as I am not asking my daily needs from them. Do I care? and why should I let them ruin my day. Aside from that we should not going to comment them because for sure they have the reason why they act like that. Maybe they have a bad experience to her fellow countrymen. This is not only a filipino thingy or attitude but of course anywhere in the world and in every race.

Jay&Zobel
20th March 2009, 21:43

your naughty :icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp:

Jay&Zobel
20th March 2009, 22:13
Hey, I am not the one who started it. I just only replying to some off topic reply.

I am not going to give a damn to those people who have a bad attitude towards their fellow country men.

As long as I am not asking my daily needs from them. Do I care? and why should I let them ruin my day.

Aside from that we should not going to comment them because for sure they have the reason why they act like that.

Maybe they have a bad experience to her fellow countrymen.

This is not only a filipino thingy or attitude but of course anywhere in the world and in every race.

These are my views:
We Filipinos are known to be warm, friendly, affectionate, fun and happy people. Even if we have problems, still we know how to smile.
When we committed mistakes, we laugh at them.
Kahit walang pera, smile pa rin (Even without money, still we know how to smile). Just a concrete example: Pinoys living in slum areas (poor, depressed, oppresed etc... when being televised they are so ever smiling with full enthusiasm and waving on the camera because of an immediate fame) or even joining the noontime TV gameshows...

The reasons why I think MrsJMajor posted this thread and plenty have replied:
1) To see if the Pinoys who have left their own land still have the same attitude. Are they still fun-loving, happy, friendly, warm? (The answers can be cruel)
2) We kind of expect our fellow countrymen to smile back when being smiled upon.
3) We have that passion. The eagerness. The hunger of meeting other Pinoys in this foreign land...
4) We wanted to feel at home away from home.
5) We wanted to feel welcome, to belong (especially for those who are newcomers). It isn't that easy for some...
6) And lots more...

Living in this country can be tough, can be wonderful, can be just normal... Great for those who were able to adjust easily. Sad for some... But it doesn't mean that we should stop being 'us' (Pinoys)...

:)Smile is very contagious and free so why be grumpy:angry:...
http://www.snopes.com/science/smile.asp

Yes, you can't please everybody... If they dont smile back then at least you made yourself HAPPY :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

chris40
21st March 2009, 00:24
fortunately my wife has had only good experiances when meeting her fellowmen.they have enjoyed chatting away. sometimes i have been walking along with my wife in a public place and find us getting stared at though.
at first i forget my wifes from the philippines and think what the hell are they looking at.
then i remember and realise they are just being curious.

Mrs.JMajor
21st March 2009, 01:17
fortunately my wife has had only good experiances when meeting her fellowmen.they have enjoyed chatting away. sometimes i have been walking along with my wife in a public place and find us getting stared at though.
at first i forget my wifes from the philippines and think what the hell are they looking at.

welcome back chris,done with your honeymoon ?:D regards to evy :Hellooo:

sheila_ADY
21st March 2009, 05:43
Hi Julietttttttttttttt,,,if I will see you there..beso beso and hugzz of course lol. My brother advice me seriously about filipinos who are there already in Uk is...AVOID FILIPINOS.lol. My brother work in England for 2 years as Lineman,just back to PI last November 2008.What he mean is baka yan ang sisira sa Samahan ng mag asawa.Hope you get what i mean.Beacause we have a crab mentality.
Mishuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu friend.Invited kami ha? Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mrs.JMajor
21st March 2009, 11:21
Hi Julietttttttttttttt,,,AVOID FILIPINOS
Mishuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu friend.Invited kami ha? Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:yikes: wonder if you can do that avoid filipinos :Erm: cause we gonna meet and i am filipino :icon_lol::icon_lol::Cuckoo: (kidding) hugs you back shei

And yes about the wedding aabot ka pa,take rest in 2 days when u arrive and let Ady drive in 1 1/2 hours for you :D:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Jay&Zobel
21st March 2009, 11:39

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: not all Filipinos are snobbish ;-)

My brother advice me seriously about filipinos who are there already in Uk is...AVOID FILIPINOS.lol. What he mean is baka yan ang sisira sa Samahan ng mag asawa.Hope you get what i mean.Beacause we have a crab mentality.

Yep, I was told that too before I left... :D:D:D:D :NoNo::NoNo:
Siguro nga inggit ?

pennybarry
21st March 2009, 16:19
living in London is very nice, loads of Filipino people too, you can easily get what you wanted...."dont metion the price" for you not to had a pain in your a** :doh:doh

Never been to Scotland.....hubby says its nice too

Yes I agree as Pinay loves malls, loves to see nice buildings.:xxgrinning--00xx3: We love window shoppings too:BouncyHappy:
So if it is a disaster for you if you don't go out and buy, then LOndon is right place for you!
If you have not much money but loves window shopping, LOndon is still right place for you.
I have a filipina friend here who just moved here from London and everytime she visits her cousin there, she brings ampalaya, talong Pinoy, and tocino:cwm12:
But we are also close to Edinburgh, there's bus stop infont of our house and there's bus bound to Edinburgh. Everytime I visit my friend there, I buy ampalaya and pinoy talong:BouncyHappy:

The only differs is if we live in city proper, there's full of temptations to buy what you want and hard to control spending. I am sure if I live in London or Edinburgh, I will pamper myself oftentimes:icon_lol:

angel1231
21st March 2009, 18:17
May i add this ...my husband got more filipino's friendS than me in England ..I we like traviling and i'ved traveled almost anywhere in europe and i say its 2 out 10 who i meet are nice people and the 8 are just mind there own thing and save their money ..........to be what they called in the PHILPPINES "DONYA" so everytime a see or meet filipinas in street or shopping or everywhere i tend to mind my own business.

Pepe n Pilar
21st March 2009, 21:37
then they were shocked, because you see girls, you wives of British men, do not have jobs, you cannot get jobs, because you only came here, with foreigner man and use your charms, but you never had to work, in your life, because mana from heaven fall into your plate.

Sir JOebloggs, just curious why some filipinas thought of this????
They also have to consider that not all women who came over to the UK and married a British man cannot get jobs and was able to come to this country bec they used their charms. What about those that has properties back home and is receiving monthly produce out of the farms, rental from apts, or other family business? Some has inherited properties (mana) from their parents and so they still receive earnings even if they are already married here which the rest of the family is aslo receiving. There is what we call the "Extra Judicial Partition of Properties" which each and every sibling is entitled to even they are already married. So not all women who married a foreigner and came over here started from zero.

Just sharing some thoughts...:)

pennybarry
22nd March 2009, 09:11
[I][B]What about those that has properties back home and is receiving monthly produce out of the farms, rental from apts, or other family business? Some has inherited properties (mana) from their parents and so they still receive earnings even if they are already married here which the rest of the family is aslo receiving. There is what we call the "Extra Judicial Partition of Properties" which each and every sibling is entitled to even they are already married. So not all women who married a foreigner and came over here started from zero.

Just sharing some thoughts...:)

MY Mom never gives me part of her earnings from the farm:Brick: I have one mana property but gave it to my sis who is much needed it :D
Extra Judicial is no way as my Mom is still alive and kicking at 81:action-smiley-081:
I want her to live forever if needed. :BouncyHappy:MIss you NANAY:love18::luv13:LOVE YOUuuu

My hubby started from zero:action-smiley-081: but don't know the law of UK if he is an heir :D

chris40
22nd March 2009, 20:39
hi mrs major evy sends her regards to you too. she settles in just fine ,happy with me and my family and met some pinoy friends who came to her welcome party.
she says she would like to speak to you as well

Mrs.JMajor
22nd March 2009, 20:43
hi mrs major evy sends her regards to you too. she settles in just fine ,happy with me and my family and met some pinoy friends who came to her welcome party.
she says she would like to speak to you as well

Yeah sure,my pleasure,hope to hear from both of you soon :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::):cwm38:

thejarvs
22nd March 2009, 21:39
I've found a similar thing with western guys in phil, I always smile (at everyone lol) and try to say hello but have yet to get a frendly response. The only time I did get to speak to a western guy in phil was while waiting for mrsjarv at the CFO session, he was German and did nothing but complain about heat, traffic and food :NoNo: :doh

Great thread this, we have all had similar expirences it seems!

(Will have to try the 'Hey Joe!' :icon_lol: )

mrjarv