PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy electronics?

sm1971
10th March 2009, 12:31
Hi all,

if I want to send a new headset to someone in the Phils, what is the best way to go about it? I thought to just buy one in an online store in the Phils, but struggled to find something decent - usually the headsets were not good and/or the price was higher than here.

How would you do it? What are the best electronics stores that are online?

Ciao,
SM

Mrs.JMajor
10th March 2009, 13:21
cant u just give him/her the money and ask him/her to buy at cdr -king

burrrrrppp ! sorry just done lunch here:D

sm1971
10th March 2009, 13:51
cant u just give him/her the money and ask him/her to buy at cdr -king

burrrrrppp ! sorry just done lunch here:D

That's not an option.

1) Flying there to hand over money to buy a headset would be kinda expensive, and when I am there a headset is kinda unecessary. ;)

2) To pay several quid for a money transfer of a few pounds is just silly, too.

Aren't there any decent mail order companies in the Phils?

aromulus
10th March 2009, 15:38
That's not an option.

1) Flying there to hand over money to buy a headset would be kinda expensive, and when I am there a headset is kinda unecessary. ;)

Aren't there any decent mail order companies in the Phils?

Try ebay Philippines, and if anybody accepts CC payments or paypal, all the better...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck.

And welcome aboard.:Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
10th March 2009, 15:47

:icon_lol::doh

opps hehe because i used to know that b/f ,fiancee , husband are always used to send money to thier loved one,thats why i thought of just ask her to buy in any computer shop,though i bought mine 750 pesos at megamall computer shop

sm1971
10th March 2009, 18:09
This store looks good:

But they don't accept my card... :(

sm1971
10th March 2009, 19:42
This store looks good:

But they don't accept my card... :(

The store was asianic. I hope company names are ok. ;)

walesrob
11th March 2009, 00:11
The store was asianic. I hope company names are ok. ;)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

georyz
11th March 2009, 00:36
you may try this site if you like i just found it while surfing the net www.ebuyphilippines.com

Jay&Zobel
11th March 2009, 00:40
You can also:

Buy decent headset here.

Send it via Royal Mail International Signed For with Insurance (not that expensive).

Wait til he/she receives it...

Happy voice chatting!

sm1971
12th March 2009, 13:59
you may try this site if you like i just found it while surfing the net ebuyphillipines

I found them before, but they have no headsets, they are out of stock.

voipmanila don't accept my card either.

Tsk.

Buying here and sending by mail takes long and is quite expensive (can cost more than the item itself) - at least when I look at the Royal Mail website.

Found a few half decent ones at ebuy phils, but wouldn't accept PayPal or Visa.

So I am still stuck.

georyz
12th March 2009, 21:19
try to email their customer service as they are 24hrs online customercare@ebuyphils.com . i think you need to have an account before you can buy with them. havent tried it but theres no harm in asking.

Jay&Zobel
12th March 2009, 23:49
These are the options that where suggested:

Send money and let her buy the headset
Buy in the UK and send via post
Find a company/supplier that will able to send the headset to the Philippines...

Above all costs money...

LEAHnew
13th March 2009, 06:27

Find a company/supplier that will able to send the headset to the Philippines...

Above all costs money...

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I guess here in Phil some online local store accept local credit card:Erm:

sm1971
13th March 2009, 20:46

Above all costs money...

Well, I just struggle to believe that there's no online shop in the Phils who accepts Visa/Link...

I am going to visit Davao in May/June and just bring a headset or money, I hope I won't have any problems withdrawing money from cash machines.

aromulus
13th March 2009, 21:58
It ain't cheap but accepts paypal....

http://cgi.ebay.ph/GAMERS-Headset-RAZER-Piranha-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ360137538193QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_211?hash=item360137538193&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A833%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Jay&Zobel
13th March 2009, 22:06
Well, I just struggle to believe that there's no online shop in the Phils who accepts Visa/Link...

I am going to visit Davao in May/June and just bring a headset or money, I hope I won't have any problems withdrawing money from cash machines.

May/June isnt that far. You can buy Philippine currency using POSTOFFICE
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=19300207&mediaId=19300210&intcampaignid=PI0155

or bring some £ with you then go to local money changers in the philippines. SM Malls have got competetive rates as well...