PDA

View Full Version : Printing from Yahoo archive

smiler78
9th March 2009, 00:01
Hello Just got my printer working again and now trying to print the chat logs from the archive in YM. On the page im looking at I have the list of contacts on the left the a box top right with all the dates and times listed and then below that another box with the chat itself, when I click on the print icon it only prints the part of the chat showing in the box and not the full chat. If this makes any sense to anyone can you please advise how I print the full chat. Sorry for this mess of a thread its been a very long day gathering some of the information for a fiance visa.

Many thanks.
Carl. :doh

trader dave
9th March 2009, 00:42
hi carl this is what i do , but maybe there is a correct way to do it
i get all the transcripts up and i copy and paste a few lines from each day into a new email and then send them to myself so the eco can see that u online everyday [well me and my fiancee are ]but i just take a few lines from every couple of days so it shows the dates as well as this will be our fourth time of sorting supporting documents out for a visa i am getting used to it :Brick::ARsurrender:

but as i said i am sure there is a correct way of doing it :NoNo:

smiler78
9th March 2009, 01:11
Nice one Dave cheers. was planning to print the whole thing but guess your right that just showing the time and dates and a few lines of chat will be all the proof they need.

Thanks again.

georyz
9th March 2009, 02:02
What we have done before was we copy from the archive and paste it to MS Word in continuous way and print from there. You can easily adjust the margin and font size to save.

PAT
9th March 2009, 02:53
Carl ,
what we done is right click desktop,select NEW then open a TEXT DOCUMENT, go to archive right click chat you want to copy..click SELECT ALL.. then COPY, go to new text document on desk top and right click and select PASTE
All your selected chat will go there and you can edit the private parts you not want to print
Not sure if this is best way

Ji&Ma
9th March 2009, 03:21
By my experience it is also possible to save it as a plain text document, edit and print it out. Just click the "save" icon on top left. Anyway - you'll have to do it one conversation after one as it is not possible to do it for multiple conversations for some reason.

LEAHnew
10th March 2009, 11:07
Hi Carl take a look in the gallery 5olidsnake posted a sample:)

http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0

i followed same procedure saves me a lot of papers and ink:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leah

Florge
10th March 2009, 15:25
Carl,

Already printing? Wow! you are indeed excited to take Resty with you.... :P see you later bro!

imagine
17th August 2009, 12:08
hi, all, i have been looking to see how you are copying chat transcripts, as i have been looking for easy ways myself, i know there are screen capture softwear programs , many are free, some will capture in video format, but there are others that will capture all or part of a web page in a sutable way for printing, many are free, as yet i havent found a sutable one that i consider safe and free from spyware, but im stil looking, on the assumption that chat logs on printed paper are the acceptable format for visa aplications,
im new to all the requirments and , i wondered if you think screen capture would be a suitable way to do this ?.if so it can be used to copy anykind of chat, regards , stewart .

imagine
17th August 2009, 12:13
ps, i am also trying to figure my recieved txt messages from my mobile phone, using the pc suite program that comes with the cell phone, again its finding a sutable way to print out once the messages are on the pc,, i welcome any ideas, and if i am successful in finding an easy way i will post to let you all now, stewart

pennybarry
18th August 2009, 09:31
You can make it by doing copy paste. Go to your messanger box, right click and select all then click copy and then open your WORD PAD or your MS OFFICE. Click paste and you can edit fonts if you want to save some ink and typewriting. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
29th August 2009, 18:52
surely screen shots are done by pressing the print screen and then ctrl v or right click and select pastein to word or paint which is found in accesories.

no need for screen capture software. If you dont need the whole screen you can always edit the picture created once you saved a back up copy.

somebody
29th August 2009, 18:53
ps, i am also trying to figure my recieved txt messages from my mobile phone, using the pc suite program that comes with the cell phone, again its finding a sutable way to print out once the messages are on the pc,, i welcome any ideas, and if i am successful in finding an easy way i will post to let you all now, stewart

Do you still need help and which version of PC suite. Give me a yell if still looking for a way.

Northerner
29th August 2009, 20:00
You can save it as a text file and then transport it into word or something similar. Then you can apply some font changes and stuff, make the font a bit bigger to make them easier for the person reading them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you really want to help them, change the colour of one of the chatters so it is easier to know who is saying what. But I know for myself, that would take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages:D

somebody
29th August 2009, 20:05
You can save it as a text file and then transport it into word or something similar. Then you can apply some font changes and stuff, make the font a bit bigger to make them easier for the person reading them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you really want to help them, change the colour of one of the chatters so it is easier to know who is saying what. But I know for myself, that would take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages:D

Blimey all good Ideas and nothing wrong with them.

But if you have a serach many of us just send the bit where it displays how often you speak in the archives.

So three chats on 1-1 09 two on 2-1-09 etc. We just screen shotted my alpha phone call history and YM logs so they saw when we communicated not what about thats none of their business:D

You dont send in recordings of your Phone calls/. They just want to see how often you communicate surely?

Many put in example emails or letters but you only need a few examples spread out though the LDR.

I

bornatbirth
29th August 2009, 20:20
hi, all, i have been looking to see how you are copying chat transcripts, as i have been looking for easy ways myself, i know there are screen capture softwear programs , many are free, some will capture in video format, but there are others that will capture all or part of a web page in a sutable way for printing, many are free, as yet i havent found a sutable one that i consider safe and free from spyware, but im stil looking, on the assumption that chat logs on printed paper are the acceptable format for visa aplications,
im new to all the requirments and , i wondered if you think screen capture would be a suitable way to do this ?.if so it can be used to copy anykind of chat, regards , stewart .

try this :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i take it you already saved the yahoo archive?

go to veiw archive to show the date and time and who you chatted with,expand the borders to as far as they will go to show the most dates you have chatted,maximize the screen.

you may have many months saved on the archive,so start at the first date and print that page,then roll the screen to show the next page of dates until you have printed them all and turn the pages over and print on the other side

then press print screen or ALT+ print screen.

open paint,left click then paste.

goto file,then page setup.

click landscape,then fit to 1 page by 1 page.

now print

and preview page

simples

theres no need to show them what your conversation is about?

you maybe having a sexy chat?

imagine
30th August 2009, 18:34
im just looking for what seems an easy way, i understand many pc print screen, does not work, ie on vista, my doesnt and have looked into blogs on the subject,i undrestand that with a screen catcher you can select from it what you want captured (all or part page and edit) within the capture program itself, also send straight to print, understand i have not used or tried any of these methods as yet, just seems a lot of work to have to send to paint then to word before printing , or am i wrong, i will try any of the posted suggestions to find what i think is best, all the suggestions are appreciated , many thanks , , stewart.

imagine
30th August 2009, 18:40
i have Sony Ericsson PC Suite 5.0. pc suite is new to me.

Ji&Ma
30th August 2009, 19:39
im just looking for what seems an easy way, i understand many pc print screen, does not work, ie on vista, my doesnt and have looked into blogs on the subject,i undrestand that with a screen catcher you can select from it what you want captured (all or part page and edit) within the capture program itself, also send straight to print, understand i have not used or tried any of these methods as yet, just seems a lot of work to have to send to paint then to word before printing , or am i wrong, i will try any of the posted suggestions to find what i think is best, all the suggestions are appreciated , many thanks , , stewart.

No problems with PrintScreen in Vistas at all - classic P.S. button prints whole screen or you can use Alt+PrintScreen to print just the top window of active application.
Also - there is a screen capture application in Vista, but I will have to take a look at it at home when I will get back from work in the morning.
Tell you more tomorrow... :xxgrinning--00xx3: