PDA

View Full Version : Maximum days allowed outside the UK

chuchie
8th March 2009, 21:06
Hi everyone, i am not sure if my query had been discussed & answered before..Been searching for the similar question but so far i haven't found it yet. Would appreciate your advice. After getting married in the UK in May, we will proceed in applying for FLR (applying in person). As my future husband is currently based in the Far East, i will have to go back with him after our wedding. My question is with FLR,.....what is the maximum allowed for me to be outside the UK? We normally come back to the UK twice a year during the summer & Christmas/NewYear holidays but only coming back for good in April nxt year when he finishes his contract. Will they let me apply for extension in order for me to finish the 2 year probation? Please advice..

With many thanks,
Chuchie

joebloggs
8th March 2009, 21:21
hi,

no set figure as to the maximum number of days you can be out of the uk, but looking at the rules for applying for citizenship will give you an idea, if you want to apply for citizenship.

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

so if you're going out of the uk for along time, then you may well need to apply for FLR and pass the life in uk test before you can apply for ILR and possibly citizenship depending on the above :doh, but if it is work related then UKBA may still allow you to apply for ILR, but you would still need to pass the life in uk test first.

but check with ukba when you know the days you've been out of the uk, and don't let your visa expire !!

chuchie
9th March 2009, 09:43
Thanks very much for the info Joe!!! Very helpful indeed. Will keep that in mind. Have a good day. Cheers!!!! :)

babygo
1st May 2009, 10:06
anyone who likes cheap nike shoes , pls login www.GETLOSTPLONKER.PRAT (http://www.GETLOSTPLONKER.PRAT) , tks !

KeithD
1st May 2009, 10:13
Babygo...BabygoNE :D

kimmi
1st May 2009, 10:17
Babygo...BabygoNE :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol: gone now babygo?:doh:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

girl england
1st May 2009, 11:28
ohh ur gone mate

john sergison
1st May 2009, 17:37
why are we getting a sudden surge in idiots posting bad things on here, i now see alot of banning compared to before, or is it only one prat who thinks he can beat the boss.

Mrs.JMajor
1st May 2009, 17:43
why are we getting a sudden surge in idiots posting bad things on here, i now see alot of banning compared to before, or is it only one prat who thinks he can beat the boss.

I thought the same thing,He/she trying to seek attention...so i dont know if Mod aro find it the same IP add...:Erm: