PDA

View Full Version : Holidaying abroad during spouse visa term

scott&ligaya
7th March 2009, 13:00
Some of you will know that my wife is enjoying a visit back home and will be away for around 80 days in total. We chose this time as we thought that she could only be out of the UK for up to 90 days in any one year of her 2 year spouse visa. First question is ..... is that correct?

2nd question

I have just been given the opportunity by my employer to undertake a 2 month programe in Manila starting after holy week. Ligaya and Joshua were due to fly back on April 14th but would like to stay with me in Manila (they put me in the Makati Shangrila when I am there). She arrived in the UK on April 19th 2008 (her visa was issued on the 12th April) so if this 90 days in any one year is correct then she could use up 8 weeks of ther 2nd year. Am I right can she do this?

Or have I got the whole issue of not being in the UK completely wrong?

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 13:46
Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

and there is a possibility that if you can show your 2 months is work related, that them 2 months your wife was not in the uk would not be counted, but check with ukba about that

somebody
7th March 2009, 14:08
Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

and there is a possibility that if you can show your 2 months is work related, that them 2 months your wife was not in the uk would not be counted, but check with ukba about that

A few years back when in my reading up phase on visas,ilrs and what not i do remeber that people were advised that if the reason you were abroad was work related then exceptions could be made. But i think i would have it clarified.

As the job market is i cant think they would expcet you to turn down the chance to stay in your current job even if asked to work abroad and surely if you were both in love and living as a married couple you would want to be together (ie what the ILR assement is trying to prove)

I would get it clarfied by the UK visas people of course if I were you as common sense does not always prevail with such bodies:rolleyes:

scott&ligaya
7th March 2009, 14:27
thanks guys,
I will contact the authorities on Monday before accepting the assignment, I want to do it because in the long term(7 to 10 years from now) I want to establish a Manila office/franchise of the consultancy I work for, we already have offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpar. I would like to get the experience of working with Filipino businesses(the client is Shangri-la Properties Management) just to see if our processes will work in their business culture.

aromulus
7th March 2009, 17:14
just to see if our processes will work in their business culture.

Bring along an adequate supply of brown envelopes.....:D

scott&ligaya
7th March 2009, 17:28
Bring along an adequate supply of brown envelopes.....

Without actually saying that, that is exactly what I am concerned about

"third party comissions" is the term I have been told of

somebody
7th March 2009, 19:05
Bring along an adequate supply of brown envelopes.....

Without actually saying that, that is exactly what I am concerned about

"third party comissions" is the term I have been told of

Sadly this is a reason why the company I work for although often looking to place factories both high and low tech in various asian countries does not consider Phill:NoNo: Even in the current climate i know it is looking in to various options.

Even the Phill sales and technical support company is kept small to support huge global enterprises and most sales and service support carried out by third party. Whatever they can admin/2nd level onwards technical support wise etc for Phill is carried out in Hong kong or elsewhere:NoNo:

Such a shame that people spoill it for the whole nations workforce by insisting on their sweetners and issues which big companies expect to a degree and budget for, but phill simply to much hassle im told.

Piamed
7th March 2009, 19:11
Some of you will know that my wife is enjoying a visit back home and will be away for around 80 days in total. We chose this time as we thought that she could only be out of the UK for up to 90 days in any one year of her 2 year spouse visa. First question is ..... is that correct?

2nd question

I have just been given the opportunity by my employer to undertake a 2 month programe in Manila starting after holy week. Ligaya and Joshua were due to fly back on April 14th but would like to stay with me in Manila (they put me in the Makati Shangrila when I am there). She arrived in the UK on April 19th 2008 (her visa was issued on the 12th April) so if this 90 days in any one year is correct then she could use up 8 weeks of ther 2nd year. Am I right can she do this?

Or have I got the whole issue of not being in the UK completely wrong?I'd love the opprtunity to do some work out in da Pils but unfortunately our operations there are still too small. The nearest i can get transferred too would be Singapore.

Residential requirements

and there is a possibility that if you can show your 2 months is work related, that them 2 months your wife was not in the uk would not be counted, but check with ukba about that:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
8th March 2009, 10:28
Sadly this is a reason why the company I work for although often looking to place factories both high and low tech in various asian countries does not consider Phill:NoNo: Even in the current climate i know it is looking in to various options.

Even the Phill sales and technical support company is kept small to support huge global enterprises and most sales and service support carried out by third party. Whatever they can admin/2nd level onwards technical support wise etc for Phill is carried out in Hong kong or elsewhere:NoNo:

Such a shame that people spoil it for the whole nations workforce by insisting on their sweetners and issues which big companies expect to a degree and budget for, but phill simply to much hassle im told.

It's not a shame, it's an outrage.
:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

aromulus
8th March 2009, 10:49
It's not a shame, it's an outrage.
:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

Unfortunately, it is a sort of normal-ish accepted practice.:doh

I would hazard a guess, and say that it may stem from the american occupation of the PI....:NoNo:

It is so deeply ingrained in the culture now, that trying to eradicate it is virtually impossible.:omg: