PDA

View Full Version : ILR question-arriving exactly 28 days upon getting visa

mhynne
7th March 2009, 11:30
sorry i know this has been asked many times but im getting a bit confused as to when am i supposed to be sending my application for ILR?

I was granted my spousal visa on Dec 14 2007 and arrived in the UK, Jan 10 2008. If I count the numbers of days (including Dec 14), i arrived in the UK exactly 28 days after getting my visa...

so question is when should i apply for my ILR? do i fall within the 28 day period? help please..:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

darren-b
7th March 2009, 11:52
To be safe you should post your application by special delivery as late as possible and you should be ok. Either the 11/12th of December or maybe even the 14th.

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 12:36
as the 12th and 13th are on a weekend, i would post it on the 11 dec 2009 and use special delivery and keep the receipt in a safe place :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mhynne
7th March 2009, 13:48
haaaayy... thank you guys... i was really scared i might need to get FLR just for one day... that was really close...

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 13:53
haaaayy... thank you guys... i was really scared i might need to get FLR just for one day... that was really close...

no, i think they are not so strict now, but i think you could send it a week or 2 early and would probably get it, months thou and you would almost certainly need to apply for FLR.

so stop worrying.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mhynne
7th March 2009, 13:56
thank you joebloggs.. i was really hoping you would answer my post to be honest.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
so basically even on my passport it comes up that my visa has expired.. as long as my application is pending at the home office for ILR.. i am still legal to stay in the UK?

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 13:58
:doh i should have said under current immigration rules, which these might change, so keep your ears and eyes open, but you do need to apply for a new visa b4 your old one runs out on the 11th of dec :D

i dont think it will effect you getting ILR, probably might effect you getting citizenship, but we don't know yet :doh

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 14:01
thank you joebloggs.. i was really hoping you would answer my post to be honest.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
so basically even on my passport it comes up that my visa has expired.. as long as my application is pending at the home office for ILR.. i am still legal to stay in the UK?

yes i think its called section 3c protection. while they have your app and are considering it, you are legally here.

if you get your evidence right there is little chance of it being refused anyway, not many ILR apps are refused, as most of the work was done getting your settlement visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
7th March 2009, 17:16

:Erm: hi sis, maybe u can apply for ILR on the day your visa expires , in person or thru post ....

darren-b
7th March 2009, 23:28
:Erm: hi sis, maybe u can apply for ILR on the day your visa expires , in person or thru post ....

If you apply in person you must meet the requirements on the day of your appointment. If you apply by post you only need to meet the requirements on the day they process your application (and they may well place your application on hold until you do meet the requirements).

girl england
9th March 2009, 08:35
goodluck and godbless u

eytch
10th March 2009, 16:10
we have the same situation... I was granted on March 29, 2007 and came here on April 25, so that was 27 days I phoned homeoffice and I was advice to send my application through post on March 28 which is the earliest day of the 28 days of the qualifying period but it falls on weekend. They said it's alright because they will start counting on the day it was registered on post.
goodluck!