PDA

View Full Version : Great News, Guys & Gals ...

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 12:04
... Myrna has successfully traversed the 'final hurdle' and will be flying into Manchester this coming weekend!

Our sincere thanks to everyone here who has freely offered their wise counsel
throughout the various stages of the process.

Arthur and Myrna

Ann07
6th March 2009, 12:19
Safe jurney to Myrna :)

Start cleaning now Arthur:D oppps dont arrange the house furniture Myrna might re- arrange it when she arrives:D

Happy for you both. More blessing to come in your way.
Goodluck:)

Ann

IainBusby
6th March 2009, 12:42
Great News Arthur, now the fun begins, all the best for the future.:appl::appl::appl:
Iain.

Piamed
6th March 2009, 12:58
Congrats to you and Myrna ! Well done!

acs
6th March 2009, 13:00
:Hellooo: welcome to perth, uk Myrna :BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 13:25
Again, my thanks for your good wishes folks. Yup, honestly Ann, I'm already up to my eyes in soap suds (when not tempted by the computer, lol!). From what I hear, though, it's best that I leave the furniture as you advise.

Blessings to each and every one of you.

Arthur.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 13:45
Congratulations!

Buy her long warm & fluffy socks, a very nice fluffy dressing gown, a fleece hehehe... She will be needing warmth lol... and you!

Enjoy!

nids123
6th March 2009, 14:35
congrats to both of u.wish im nextr to booth of u.

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 14:51
Hi Zobel,

Likewise, I very much appreciate yours and Jay's congratulations in response to our good news. I will most certainly heed your sensible advice about acquiring some "winter woolies". Not quite so sure about 'long johns' though ... (ha,ha!)

Arthur

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 14:57
Hi Nids 123,

Thanks to you too. I really hope and pray you WILL be next ... you and Shayla both!!

Arthur.

PeterB
6th March 2009, 15:07
Yes, Myrna visited us in hospital on Thursday evening - proudly showing off her CFO sticker! :)

Pepe n Pilar
6th March 2009, 15:11
Congratulations Arthur and Myrna. Best wishes for the future.:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_win::icon_win:

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 15:18
1st visit:

Fish & Chips Bar lol

or

A trip to a Kebab Trailer Van ;-)

If she misses Filipino Food... Chinese Take Away will warm her heart ;-)

Good luck! It's fun fun fun!

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 15:47
Hi itsme iye [sounds like a Scots dialect! ... "It's me, aye" ... like my daughter's *mother-in-law announcing her arrival (*she was actually born in Ayrshire, but spent most of her early life in the 'Mearns' so maybe that's why!)].

Anyway, my sincere thanks for your kind wishes to Myrna & myself.

Arthur

IainBusby
6th March 2009, 16:08
Hi Zobel,

Likewise, I very much appreciate yours and Jay's congratulations in response to our good news. I will most certainly heed your sensible advice about acquiring some "winter woolies". Not quite so sure about 'long johns' though ... (ha,ha!)

Arthur

Hi Arthur,
Here's a thread I posted about thermals shortly before my wife's arrival at the end of September 2006 and even though Louella has aclimatised somewhat since then, she still finds them useful for outdoors in the winter and she also likes to wear them as PJ's and for around the house.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1541&highlight=thermal

tiN
6th March 2009, 16:13
Congratulations to you both :)

We will see you both with Acs..:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 16:22
Ah yes, Zobel, during my two stays in the Phils, I tended to look for any excuse to visit McDonald's so's I could indulge myself with their deliciously thin and crispy chips, followed by an equally-tempting caramel sundae. Mmm, two delicacies with which my kindly Far Eastern friends were none too familiar. [Couldn't find vanilla ice cream anywhere - although plenty of that purple stuff known as 'Uby'!] Whilst I enjoyed the customary 'Big Mac' (with the chips ... not the dessert!) Myrna would tuck into fried chicken pieces accompanied by two portions of rice. This was at lunctime only, of course; for the other meals we ate good wholesome Filipino nosh, like fish (without the batter unfortunately) lechon and pork or roast pig, as a result of which I've never been more healthy in my life.

So, starting next week, Myrna will visit the local 'Chinese' while I shall head off for the nearest chipper (only joking!)

Cheers, Arthur

georyz
6th March 2009, 16:23
Congrats to both of you. Have a happy life with your wife here in uk. :)

vbkelly
6th March 2009, 16:38
... Myrna has successfully traversed the 'final hurdle' and will be flying into Manchester this coming weekend!

Our sincere thanks to everyone here who has freely offered their wise counsel
throughout the various stages of the process.

Arthur and Myrna

congratz to both of you and have a safe journey to myrna

Mrs.JMajor
6th March 2009, 16:39
you made it too arthur,congratz to you and to myrna,:Hellooo: getting that far is like a success :D

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 17:09
So, starting next week, Myrna will visit the local 'Chinese' while I shall head off for the nearest chipper (only joking!)

fun fun fun!!! PLUS HER COMING IS SO PERFECT... Not too cold and it is SUNNY - spring/summer!!!

Keep us posted!

Couldn't find vanilla ice cream anywhere - although plenty of that purple stuff known as 'Uby'!

UBE ICE CREAM IS THE BEST!, Unfortunately, Vanilla Ice creams there are not that popular hehehe... We tend to love coloured, with bits & pieces in it (like halohalo, makapuno, langka, rockyroad, blackforest, cheese...) ice creams

Myrna would tuck into fried chicken pieces accompanied by two portions of rice. This was at lunctime only, of course; for the other meals we ate good wholesome Filipino nosh, like fish (without the batter unfortunately) lechon and pork or roast pig, as a result of which I've never been more healthy in my life.

OH YES! RICE, better find a local Chinese/Oriental shop and buy a sack of rice (cheaper than in the local grocer)... It is a must in every household with Pinoys lol :rolleyes:

scott&ligaya
6th March 2009, 17:53
Another Filipina in Scotland!!!

Congratulations from an old Aberdonian doing his missionary service here in Birmingham trying to civilise the heathens here. I hope Myrna settles well, she will get great help from Anno7, Kimmi, Islander and the other ladies already there.

Scott and Ligaya

Mrs Daddy
6th March 2009, 18:10
Congrats and Bon Voyage to your beloved:)

empott
6th March 2009, 20:26
Congratulations Arthur and may Myrna have a safe trip to UK.

joebloggs
6th March 2009, 22:48
another success story :xxgrinning--00xx3:

brian&maddy
6th March 2009, 23:39
Congratulations to both of you. I wish you all the happiness together.
Im still waiting for my turn to post a thread here:) But im too sad because im in my 11th week of waiting and still havent heard of anything yet. I wonder if i would reach up to four months of waiting:NoNo:
Anyway GOD Bless the two of you.

aromulus
7th March 2009, 08:26
Very well deserved congratulations.!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shayla
7th March 2009, 14:11
Hi Nids 123,

Thanks to you too. I really hope and pray you WILL be next ... you and Shayla both!!

Arthur.

Thanks Arthur and have a safe flight to your wife Myrna..:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: