PDA

View Full Version : Heartiest Congratulations ...

Arthur Little
6th March 2009, 11:54
... Hellooo:... to PeterB and Ruby on the birth of their beautiful baby girl - a very healthy 9lbs plus.

Here's wishing the three of you all the joy and happiness you so richly deserve.

Arthur & Myrna:

mavid
6th March 2009, 11:58
Congrats Ruby & PeterB.

Pepe n Pilar
6th March 2009, 12:03
This Baby is Your Blessing, I wish happiness in every way,
Good luck God Bless.

I say And many Blessings and wishes,
To Welcome Baby into Your Life Today.

Congratulations Ruby and PeterB
:)

Ann07
6th March 2009, 12:17
Wow big baby:D Glad Mum and baby is ok.
Congratulations to u both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nids123
6th March 2009, 14:37
congrats for u and the baby

Piamed
6th March 2009, 14:41
Congrats to you both PeterB and Ruby, wonderful news!

PeterB
6th March 2009, 15:47
Thanks for posting, Arthur, and for the congratulations from everyone.

As Tuesday progressed, Ruby was beginning to feel more and more 'uncomfortable'. There was no breaking of waters, or very obvious contractions, so the obvious thing was to visit the OB/Gyne Doc. We were the first to be seen, at 3pm, on her afternoon clinic. A swift IE revealed that Ruby was already 5 - 6 cms dilated, and the advice was to book into hospital immediately.

The process of booking in took a while, then Ruby was ushered off while I brought in all the necessities from the car. By the time I got back, Ruby was already in the 'Labor (sic) Room' and I wasn't allowed to see her. However, because Ruby had opted for 'Painless' birth (epidural - Gas and Air not being an option here), she was soon moved to the operating room and I was able to walk beside her trolley. Seeing that I had my videocam with me, one of the four attending doctors offered to record the birth for me.

After some time in OR, her OB/Gyne came out, saying that she had a 'conference' to attend, but would be back later. The news was that Ruby was now 7cms dilated, but the baby still wasn't low enough for the birth. The doc returned at about 8 - 8.30 and reported that Ruby was now 8cms, but the baby still wasn't descending, despite encouragement from the physicians and efforts on Ruby's part.

The decision was taken to perform a CS, and I signed the appropriate consent form. At 8:48 pm, Sky emerged from her dark and watery world, weighing only 3.7kgs (8lbs 2oz), despite the estimate of 9lbs+ from the last scan. The reason for Sky not descending became clear - although she was in 'Cephalic presentation' at the last scan, we know that she has been very active and mobile throughout the latter months of the pregnancy - she had managed to turn herself into a semi-transverse presentation.

Because of the CS, Ruby was kept in the hospital for three nights and we came home at about midday today.

Sky and Ruby are both doing well, and both sleeping right now (10:30 pm). I need to catch up on my sleep too, so will soon go to join them.

Oh, and the total medical bill for all of this (including the video!), staying in a private air-con room, was around 70,000 pesos. I wonder how much you would pay for a private CS in UK???

I will post some photos and, perhaps, some video, in the next few days.

Jay&Zobel
6th March 2009, 15:54
WOW Congratulations!!!

Well done! DO not forget to give Ruby her 1st Mother's Day Card/Flowers on 22nd of March!

Mrs.JMajor
6th March 2009, 15:59
wow hao pang ah,congratz peterb and ruby ,

tiN
6th March 2009, 16:04
Congratulations Ruby and PeterB:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Im glad they are both ok. And welcome to Sky:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Shayla
6th March 2009, 16:11

As Tuesday progressed, Ruby was beginning to feel more and more 'uncomfortable'. There was no breaking of waters, or very obvious contractions, so the obvious thing was to visit the OB/Gyne Doc. We were the first to be seen, at 3pm, on her afternoon clinic. A swift IE revealed that Ruby was already 5 - 6 cms dilated, and the advice was to book into hospital immediately.

The process of booking in took a while, then Ruby was ushered off while I brought in all the necessities from the car. By the time I got back, Ruby was already in the 'Labor (sic) Room' and I wasn't allowed to see her. However, because Ruby had opted for 'Painless' birth (epidural - Gas and Air not being an option here), she was soon moved to the operating room and I was able to walk beside her trolley. Seeing that I had my videocam with me, one of the four attending doctors offered to record the birth for me.

After some time in OR, her OB/Gyne came out, saying that she had a 'conference' to attend, but would be back later. The news was that Ruby was now 7cms dilated, but the baby still wasn't low enough for the birth. The doc returned at about 8 - 8.30 and reported that Ruby was now 8cms, but the baby still wasn't descending, despite encouragement from the physicians and efforts on Ruby's part.

The decision was taken to perform a CS, and I signed the appropriate consent form. At 8:48 pm, Sky emerged from her dark and watery world, weighing only 3.7kgs (8lbs 2oz), despite the estimate of 9lbs+ from the last scan. The reason for Sky not descending became clear - although she was in 'Cephalic presentation' at the last scan, we know that she has been very active and mobile throughout the latter months of the pregnancy - she had managed to turn herself into a semi-transverse presentation.

Because of the CS, Ruby was kept in the hospital for three nights and we came home at about midday today.

Sky and Ruby are both doing well, and both sleeping right now (10:30 pm). I need to catch up on my sleep too, so will soon go to join them.

Oh, and the total medical bill for all of this (including the video!), staying in a private air-con room, was around 70,000 pesos. I wonder how much you would pay for a private CS in UK???

Warm wishes to you PeterB and Ruby on being blessed with a miracle :REDancedancer08:

vbkelly
6th March 2009, 16:51

wow congratulation!

empott
6th March 2009, 17:05
A new addition to the family! Congratulations to you and your wife. :BouncyHappy:

scott&ligaya
6th March 2009, 17:59
Well done Ruby and congratulations to both of you, cannot wait for our next one to come along in about seven months time.

Mrs Daddy
6th March 2009, 18:08
Congrats for the new parents:)

charlwill
6th March 2009, 18:45
Congratulations to you PeterB and Ruby.

joebloggs
6th March 2009, 22:11

good your all ok and congrats Peter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i think all CS's are done in private :D

my misses had a CS in the uk, and we didn't go private, what's the point ? she was on a ward of 6 other beds for a couple of days and most of the time 2 or 3 of the beds were empty. :xxgrinning--00xx3: to all the nhs staff, i could have gone in while she had the CS but i had my little gal with me, so we had to wait outside, but within mins of being born the nurse brought him to us :Hellooo:

my stepsons little girl, total cost on palawan for a CS was 59,000 php and my misses was questioning why the need for a CS, well that's a risk of a private health system, funny my stepsons g/f and your wife both needed CS's :Erm: i wonder how many kids are born by CS in the phils :Erm:

anyway both babes are ok, that's what matters :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
7th March 2009, 02:20
Most doctors here do CS now ... That means more :REGamblMoney01HL1:
:xxparty-smiley-004: :Bolt:

kimmi
7th March 2009, 03:03
congratulations to newly proud parents, Peter and Ruby..:)

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 06:23
Most doctors here do CS now ... That means more :REGamblMoney01HL1:
:xxparty-smiley-004: :Bolt:

yes the re-action of my misses at first was , the :censored::furious3:. as the bill had just gone from 20k php to 59k php :doh