PDA

View Full Version : £190 Health Maternity Grant

Jay&Zobel
4th March 2009, 23:15
Had visited the midwife today at the surgery...

She gave me a form to be filled in... and aparently I am entitled to be receiving £190 as Maternity Grant anytime soon (once the form was successfully received) this is really new and will take effect in April...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

For more info:

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_123_07.htm

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/money4mum2be/

For expectant mums, ask your midwife for the form!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th March 2009, 23:51
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

also depending on your income , you might be able to claim Sure Start Maternity Grant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it's £500 but if you qualify you must claim it during the period from 11 weeks before the baby is due until the baby is 3 months old.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_013950.xml.html

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 00:07

also depending on your income , you might be able to claim Sure Start Maternity Grant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it's £500 but if you qualify you must claim it during the period from 11 weeks before the baby is due until the baby is 3 months old.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_013950.xml.html

£190 grant can be claimed by any expectant mums, working or not...

while

£500 grant - are those for low income? or on income support et al?

You, or your partner, must be getting one of these benefits:
1) Income Support
2) income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
3) income-related Employment and Support Allowance
4) Pension Credit
5) Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element
6) Child Tax Credit, at a higher rate than the family element

so it is then a great advantage for those who are claiming benefits (enumerated above) £190 + £500 = £690.00 THAN those who are not?

Hmmm... please correct me if I am wrong...

joebloggs
5th March 2009, 07:15
the sure start one is meant for those who are on low income, who would struggle to buy cot, clothes etc for a new baby, and who wants to be on a low income :NoNo:

aromulus
5th March 2009, 07:31
the sure start one is meant for those who are on low income, who would struggle to buy cot, clothes etc for a new baby, and who wants to be on a low income :NoNo:

That smacks of encouragement to single motherhood....:NoNo:

Piamed
5th March 2009, 10:37
We also received and applied for the Health in Pregnancy Grant Claim yesterday. £190, yehey!!!!

adam&chryss
5th March 2009, 10:46
am i entitled to get that £190 grant too?

according to the website::

you may not get the grant if:

* you are subject to immigration control or
* you are not present, ordinarily resident or have a right to reside in the UK

my husband thinks that i am subject to immigration control... is this right?
so we're not sure if we can get that grant or not.

Piamed
5th March 2009, 10:50

The notes with the application form say that even if the mother is subject to immigration control she may still have the right to get the grant. I'm hoping.

vbkelly
5th March 2009, 12:04

while

1) Income Support
4) Pension Credit

so it is then a great advantage for those who are claiming benefits (enumerated above) £190 + £500 = £690.00 THAN those who are not?

its not £500 anymore is £250

adam&chryss
5th March 2009, 12:08
The notes with the application form say that even if the mother is subject to immigration control she may still have the right to get the grant. I'm hoping.

thanks piamed! guess better to ask my midwife.. we'll meet her in 2 weeks. hopefully we can get that.. big help for baby stuff :rolleyes:

misscarie
5th March 2009, 12:13
:D hehe ... i also got mine :xxgrinning--00xx3: my midwife gave it to me when i had my check up last tuesday. yehey :BouncyHappy:

Alan
5th March 2009, 13:01
What about us men? Aren't we entitled to anything??? After all, there would be no pregnancy without us!! This smacks of an equality issue!!

I claim the right to have the same as women (even though I haven't got a womb) but, surely that is God's fault and not mine!!!

(Sorry God - not blaming you but just trying to be PC here - after all - you started it!!)

Al.:)

darren-b
5th March 2009, 13:21

Anyone with a fiancee visa/spouse visa/flr/ilr is subject to immigration control Only once you get British citizenship are you not subject to immigration control.

Ann07
5th March 2009, 13:35
Had visited the midwife today at the surgery...

She gave me a form to be filled in... and aparently I am entitled to be receiving £190 as Maternity Grant anytime soon (once the form was successfully received) this is really new and will take effect in April...

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

For more info:

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_123_07.htm

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/money4mum2be/

For expectant mums, ask your midwife for the form!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

That is a nice info zobel. I didnt know that as you said its new. I will see my midwife nextweek so I will ask her:) Its a good help financially:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
5th March 2009, 13:38
You know, the funny thing is that Pia and I read this first in a UK Filipino news paper last week.

Mrs Daddy
5th March 2009, 16:02
goodluck for being preggy Zobel...:)

joebloggs
5th March 2009, 19:08
its not £500 anymore is £250

:Erm::Erm::Erm:

it is £500, where does it say its £250 :Erm:

What are the benefit rates?

Sure Start Maternity Grant: £500.00

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

Ann07
5th March 2009, 19:37
[QUOTE=joebloggs;119157]:Erm::Erm::Erm:

it is £500, where does it say its £250 :Erm:

What are the benefit rates?

Sure Start Maternity Grant: £500.00

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854[/Q

It could be the 250 voucher she is referring too joe. Hope im right:)

Jay&Zobel
5th March 2009, 22:50

That smacks of encouragement to single motherhood....:NoNo:

:omg::omg::omg::omg: ... true...

those who are on Income Support/unemployed, they do not have SMPs unlike working mums...

We also received and applied for the Health in Pregnancy Grant Claim yesterday. £190, yehey!!!!

we will see... hehe... since I have just sent the form yesterday, we shall see... :):):)

thanks piamed! guess better to ask my midwife.. we'll meet her in 2 weeks. hopefully we can get that.. big help for baby stuff :rolleyes:

definitely, a £190quid will be such a great help... buying new born nappies or even a cot :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D hehe ... i also got mine :xxgrinning--00xx3: my midwife gave it to me when i had my check up last tuesday. yehey :BouncyHappy:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D coool

What about us men? Aren't we entitled to anything??? After all, there would be no pregnancy without us!! This smacks of an equality issue!!

I claim the right to have the same as women (even though I haven't got a womb)
Al.:)

ermmm... lol... the £190 is for the baby stuff lol ...
Baby = the product of mum+dad hehehe...

That is a nice info zobel. I didnt know that as you said its new. I will see my midwife nextweek so I will ask her:) Its a good help financially:xxgrinning--00xx3:

any amount is indeed a big help... even if it's £5... aren't we very privilege having lots of benefits?

salamat po!

Geraldine
6th March 2009, 21:18
Hello!

Fyi...The midwife will only give you the £190 grant form once you are on your 25th week of pregnancy.

:)

cheesewiz
6th March 2009, 22:48
lucky to those people even they're not working....still lucky:ARsurrender:

I hope when my time comes..they haven't change the law on benefits:Erm::NoNo: for the last 5 years Im paying about £300/month on tax and NI for working too hard:doh

Jay&Zobel
7th March 2009, 00:27
lucky to those people even they're not working....still lucky:ARsurrender:

I hope when my time comes..they haven't change the law on benefits:Erm::NoNo: for the last 5 years Im paying about £300/month on tax and NI for working too hard:doh

yeah! sometimes it is sad that some people who are capable to work are not working and still can claim benefits...

pity are those who are honest tax payers...

Ann07
7th March 2009, 21:30
Anyone with a fiancee visa/spouse visa/flr/ilr is subject to immigration control Only once you get British citizenship are you not subject to immigration control.

When you're not subject to 'immigration control'
You're not subject to immigration control if any of the following applies:

you’re a UK national
you’re from the EEA or Switzerland
you’ve claimed asylum and you have been told by the Home Office that you can stay in the UK as a refugee
the Home Office has told you that you are allowed to stay in the UK indefinitely – known as 'indefinite leave to remain'

Jay&Zobel
23rd May 2009, 05:49
Got my Maternity Grant(£190) on the 22nd of this month! Finally! (applied in March!) :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo::cwm12::cwm12:

joebloggs
23rd May 2009, 07:19
Got my Maternity Grant(£190) on the 22nd of this month! Finally! (applied in March!) :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo::cwm12::cwm12:

have you set up a child trust fund for your little one yet ?

free £250 from the gov :REGamblMoney01HL1:

aromulus
23rd May 2009, 07:28

Some of it is my tax money.....:doh

joebloggs
23rd May 2009, 07:42

mine,mine,mine and mine :NoNo:

oh, i got £250 for little joe :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the thing is dom, i cant touch it, and little joe can't til he's 18 :bigcry:

adam&chryss
23rd May 2009, 09:07

That's great!

Hope I'll get mine too :Erm:

We're also planning to do that. We just applied for Isaac's child benefit, just waiting for the result and the child benefit number so we can apply the child trust fund.
That will be the start for us saving money for him too and can't touch it until he's 18yrs. old. at least there's something for him to look forward to, in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
23rd May 2009, 15:07
Finally Zobel you got it:xxgrinning--00xx3: Great news:)
Got mine last month and its all gone now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd May 2009, 19:42

We haven't yet! hehe... will be our next step!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D But upon reading from your previous posts (it's better to have a separate savings account also right?

Cheers!

YEP!! and thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's great!

Hope I'll get mine too :Erm:

We're also planning to do that. We just applied for Isaac's child benefit, just waiting for the result and the child benefit number so we can apply the child trust fund.
That will be the start for us saving money for him too and can't touch it until he's 18yrs. old. at least there's something for him to look forward to, in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you and we have now the child tax credit too which is really good!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Finally Zobel you got it:xxgrinning--00xx3: Great news:)
Got mine last month and its all gone now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Yep, lol... hmmm... just thinking where to spend it on? lol... :Erm::D i guess more stock of nappies!! lol...:Rasp::Rasp:

I'm just very thankful! :):):)

Ann07
24th May 2009, 12:03
Sale in asda manay nappies:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: bought two big boxes for £18:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: One box for the new baby and one box for james lol

pennybarry
24th May 2009, 12:52

I am looking forward for your pregnancy Weela so u can claim 190£:action-smiley-081: from gov't ahahhaha.

joebloggs
24th May 2009, 13:48
Sale in asda manay nappies:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: bought two big boxes for £18:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

yes but they never have size 6 :doh

poor little joe, looks like the hulk in size 5's :icon_lol:

Ann07
24th May 2009, 15:24

I think they stop to size 5+ joe. Thats james' size now the mega one:doh:doh:doh I start james' potty training now as well hope he will listen grrrr

Your little joe is big ah:)

joebloggs
24th May 2009, 16:39
I think they stop to size 5+ joe. Thats james' size now the mega one:doh:doh:doh I start james' potty training now as well hope he will listen grrrr

Your little joe is big ah:)

how old is james now ?

they do a size 6, but you don't see many of them :doh

Ann07
24th May 2009, 18:01
how old is james now ?

they do a size 6, but you don't see many of them :doh

James will be 15 months soon. I start puting him in his potty when he was 1 year old just to get used to it. And now everytime he wants to have a poopey :D he always ask his potty.

True, never see any size 6.

Jay&Zobel
24th May 2009, 21:25
I am looking forward for your pregnancy Weela so u can claim 190£:action-smiley-081: from gov't ahahhaha.

Hmmm (with all due respect, the butt icon thing is a bit rude)... I think it is really good to have this kind of scheme (Health in Pregnancy Grant)... It helps new mothers/families to meet extra costs during/after pregnancy. We paid taxes & National Insurance to cover it (so to think £190 isn't that big... but we are all grateful about it!):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!

Jay&Zobel
24th May 2009, 21:28
Sale in asda manay nappies:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: bought two big boxes for £18:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: One box for the new baby and one box for james lol

Lol! our little boy is still in micro baby size lol (he is 8.13lbs now!):D

adam&chryss
24th May 2009, 22:02
Lol! our little boy is still in micro baby size lol (he is 8.13lbs now!):D

My Isaac is 12.2lbs now... the newborn nappies can't fit him and we still have some of them :NoNo:

edelacruz
24th May 2009, 23:50
why they havent started this hmg last year grrr damn i missed it :) i think u r only entitled for the mat grant if u r on low income or if u r receiving jsa :) xx

while

1) Income Support
4) Pension Credit

Jay&Zobel
24th May 2009, 23:58
why they havent started this hmg last year grrr damn i missed it :) i think u r only entitled for the mat grant if u r on low income or if u r receiving jsa :) xx

Maternity grant £190 is new & is different form Sure Start...
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/hipg/what-is-it.htm

pennybarry
25th May 2009, 07:27
Hmmm (with all due respect, the butt icon thing is a bit rude)... I think it is really good to have this kind of scheme (Health in Pregnancy Grant)... It helps new mothers/families to meet extra costs during/after pregnancy. We paid taxes & National Insurance to cover it (so to think £190 isn't that big... but we are all grateful about it!):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers!
Yes it not BIG and need to be grateful about it. That will help you a lot especiall for those low income. As you have said.
Just I like that icon and my favourite:D. I don't think it's rude. It depends on the eyes of beholder:action-smiley-081:

Sophie
25th May 2009, 12:44

Cheers!

I TOTALLY AGREE ZOBEL :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

misscarie
29th May 2009, 09:29
I have received my maternity grant today hooray :D :icon_lol: :BouncyHappy:

Jay&Zobel
29th May 2009, 13:40
I have received my maternity grant today hooray :D :icon_lol: :BouncyHappy:

congratulations!!!!
you deserve it!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

neks
28th October 2009, 18:57

i am on flr(M). i applied and got it. After reading so many threads i was concerned that claiming could affect my ilr application so i called the home office-they were not sure but said maybe i shouldnt have but it was up to those who issued the grant. I then called the £190 grant office and they said it was ok as far as i said i was subject to immigration control. so ladies there is no problem claiming it as far as you tick the box stating you are subject............ Then on the new ilr form pls tick you received the health in pregnancy grant so as to avoid deception because the will see it against your NI