PDA

View Full Version : Hello Guys finally im in UK!

miayela
1st March 2009, 07:13
Hi everybody i just arrived in UK:Hellooo::BouncyHappy: last Thursday the flight was very long and tiring:NoNo:, when we arrived at the airport at London Heathrow the queu wasnt bad to have my passport entry check by the immigration officer.

After which the officer ask me to go to the Health Control office to have my medical examination done since i dont have my xray or any medical records with me they ask me to have my xray done and have my result right away. Good thing we arrived early at 5 cause it gets really busy after.

My question is i want to know how could i apply for NHS?
Is there any requirement? what are those and how long do i need to be in UK before i get a National Health Insurance?
Help Please?

darren-b
1st March 2009, 09:12
My question is i want to know how could i apply for NHI?
Is there any requirement? what are those and how long do i need to be in UK before i get a National Health Insurance?
Help Please?[/COLOR][/B]

All you need to do is register with a doctor (probably easiest if it's the same one as your husband) and you can do that immediately.

If you start looking for work or get a job you need a National Insurance number, but you don't need one of them to get free health care.

Piamed
1st March 2009, 09:50
All you need to do is register with a doctor (probably easiest if it's the same one as your husband) and you can do that immediately.

If you start looking for work or get a job you need a National Insurance number, but you don't need one of them to get free health care.
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Do apply for an EMC - European Medical Card at some time though. They can be useful and are free.

pennybarry
1st March 2009, 10:47
Hi everybody i just arrived in UK:Hellooo::BouncyHappy: last Thursday the flight was very long and tiring:NoNo:, when we arrived at the airport at London Heathrow the queu wasnt bad to have my passport entry check by the immigration officer.

After which the officer ask me to go to the Health Control office to have my medical examination done since i dont have my xray or any medical records with me they ask me to have my xray done and have my result right away. Good thing we arrived early at 5 cause it gets really busy after.

Help Please?

Congrats and welcome aboard:xxgrinning--00xx3:
If you still remember, NHS staffs at Heathrow asked your address b4 you undergo x-ray. In few days, you will receive a letter from them telling you to register at local NHS etc. Then you'll be asked about your health history at your local NHS. You can also register without waiting that letter.
You can also use that NHS letter in applying NI number as proof of address:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jbt
1st March 2009, 13:18
hello miayela, congratulations and welcome to UK....

acs
1st March 2009, 13:44
:Hellooo: hello Miayela welcome to the uk...just let your husband accompany you to the clinic or gp his registered with and you can also be registered there too. And when it comes to the national insurance number..just go to the nearest jobcentreplus in your area and inquire, oh bring your passport with you there...they will usually let you fill up some forms and give you some interview...in my case it was mailed to me. Then wait for a few weeks your national insurance number will be sent to you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
1st March 2009, 13:47
hi Mia,

welcome to the UK, am glad u arrived safely in here..:)

IainBusby
1st March 2009, 13:50

Help Please?

Hi Miayela,
Welcome to the UK. you are entited to free medical care from day 1. Just go to a nearby doctors surgery and register.
Iain.

tiN
1st March 2009, 14:11
Welcome to the UK:Hellooo::Hellooo:

DianaKevy
1st March 2009, 14:14
welcome to UK girl.how do u find the weather so far ;)

Ann07
1st March 2009, 15:02

Help Please?

HI Mia welcome sa uk hehehehehe. Its getting nicer now the weather.
In my case when i first arrived here my husband registered me with his gp then after i got my card i changed to a lady gp. You can apply it straight away. Just bring your passport just in case, but i was never asked for anything coz my husband was with me.

Goodluck and enjoy.

girl england
1st March 2009, 16:05
hello Miayela welcome to the uk

flomike
1st March 2009, 16:19
oh nice to remember those days.....1st time to arrive in UK:D everyone's excited its my husband's turn waiting for me at the airport @ heathrow. Driving 200 miles to Heathrow and I am arriving at 6am:omg:

My flight is on time just that the plane keep on round and round at heathrow for 30 mins before we finally touch the ground....I can't believed how many plane in the skies waiting to land..not in the Phils for sure:Erm:

then at the immigration a bit of interview then proceed to Health control for x-ray then im clear of TB thank goodness then back to immigration again for my passport stamp then welcome to the UK.

He's worried Im not going to turn up, same thing he is thinking first time to meet him at NAIA in Manila. Well, at 9am I appeared at the arrival with my husband arms again so after a few years here in UK the rest is history.

Welcome to UK.

adam&chryss
1st March 2009, 21:13
Welcome to England!
Go with your husband to his doctors and you just fill out the form there. It`s very simple and straightforward.
If you`re pregnant you can also fill out a form for free prescriptions till one year after you give birth.
We did this only 2 days after Chryss arrived here so you don`t have to wait at all.

Ana_may365
1st March 2009, 23:29
hiya!welcome here in uk my friend:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

miayela
2nd March 2009, 00:29
Wow thanks everybody for all your advice and replies:REDancedancer08:.
Its a great help for me and my husband.
For the first time when i arrived London i was amazed:smileybigtmouth: and I love the weather:Cuckoo: really even though its cold as ice hahaha!

bornatbirth
2nd March 2009, 10:10
good to have you here!

im glad you like the weather already,now all you need to do is complain like a brit?

IainBusby
2nd March 2009, 11:41
Wow thanks everybody for all your advice and replies:REDancedancer08:.
Its a great help for me and my husband.
For the first time when i arrived London i was amazed:smileybigtmouth: and I love the weather:Cuckoo: really even though its cold as ice hahaha!

It's very mild at the moment, almost sping-like, just wait until next winter. :36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]::36_1_26[1]:
Iain.

tiger@tigress
2nd March 2009, 20:41
Welcome to the sunny UK

Jay&Zobel
3rd March 2009, 22:34
Congratulations Miayela!

Registering with the NHS General Practice is very easy...

Also, do not forget to register to your local dental practice...You may wait for a bit if you wanted to be registered under NHS, but worth it...

islander
4th March 2009, 16:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Do apply for an EMC - European Medical Card at some time though. They can be useful and are free.

yes! i agree! especially when travelling within Europe.

got an EMC already....

cheesewiz
6th March 2009, 22:56
Congratulations Miayela!

Registering with the NHS General Practice is very easy...

Also, do not forget to register to your local dental practice...You may wait for a bit if you wanted to be registered under NHS, but worth it...

been waiting for 4 years now to have an NHS dentist....no success:NoNo: Im glad that I got no prob with my teeth so far:) and everytime I go to Phils I make sure I have a dental check up and all sorts of needed to have a good teeth.

joebloggs
6th March 2009, 23:11
been waiting for 4 years now to have an NHS dentist....no success:NoNo: Im glad that I got no prob with my teeth so far:) and everytime I go to Phils I make sure I have a dental check up and all sorts of needed to have a good teeth.

no problems where i am, i phoned 4 dentists up last year, 2 would take NHS patients.but i went back to my old dentist who told me they wouldn't take me back paying nhs prices, as i had not been for a check up for more than a year, but they did take me back, they need the work :D

Mrs Daddy
7th March 2009, 11:47
welcome to uk girl:)