PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me or give me advice please..

Jayson
28th February 2009, 23:36
Hello im jayson, filipino, im a student visa holder, well ive been here for 6 months now, taking up NVQ levels 3 and 4, and currently working in a care home, im planning to go home this summer break on july, yet i heard rumours that some of the student visa holders who return here in uk after having vacation in the philippines, they were in a situation of deportation or airport to airport refusal, well if someone can advice me what to do when ill be back here in uk, because uk immigration officers will question me, and im afraid that i might not step in the british soil again, please help, ill wait for it, thak you very much...

darren-b
1st March 2009, 09:15
The usual reason for students to be refused re-entry is if they haven't kept to the conditions of their visa by either not attending their classes and/or working too many hours.

joebloggs
1st March 2009, 10:52
what were the reasons given ?

but if you've less than 3 months left on your visa, possibly you could have problems, but carry a letter from your college/uni with you.

like darren said the immigration officer could refuse you if you break the terms of your visa, working more hours than you should or he doesn't think you are a student, etc

Jayson
1st March 2009, 12:23
can i appeal if i were refused to re enter uk? if they refused to let me in do i have time to get my thing in uk?so if ive been asked by an immigration officer what should i say?

darren-b
1st March 2009, 12:39
can i appeal if i were refused to re enter uk? if they refused to let me in do i have time to get my thing in uk?so if ive been asked by an immigration officer what should i say?

I'm a bit confused to why you think you might have problems. So long as you've stuck to the conditions of your visa (with proof if you have it) and you answer any questions truthfully you shouldn't have any problems.

aromulus
1st March 2009, 12:45
A guilty conscience...???:Erm:

Jayson
1st March 2009, 22:53
nope got no problems, its just that i heard some students are being deported, and we know that immigration here in uk are strict now to us student visa holders.

joebloggs
1st March 2009, 22:58
not strict at all, don't work more than 20hrs a week term time and attend classes, what else have a missed out?

darren-b
2nd March 2009, 08:04
not strict at all, don't work more than 20hrs a week term time and attend classes, what else have a missed out?

Make sure your classes are enough hours - which I think it more than 16 hours/week.

blessedlady89
3rd March 2009, 11:29
That's not true, as long as you're visa is OK there will be no problem.
How many years are you allowed to stay in the UK???
They will not deport you. If been asked just tell them that you miss your family, that's it. And as long you don' t work beyond 20 hrs. that's fine or else they might susupect that you're in the UK to find full time employment and not to study.

There is a difference between deportation and administrative removal.

Hello im jayson, filipino, im a student visa holder, well ive been here for 6 months now, taking up NVQ levels 3 and 4, and currently working in a care home, im planning to go home this summer break on july, yet i heard rumours that some of the student visa holders who return here in uk after having vacation in the philippines, they were in a situation of deportation or airport to airport refusal, well if someone can advice me what to do when ill be back here in uk, because uk immigration officers will question me, and im afraid that i might not step in the british soil again, please help, ill wait for it, thak you very much...

cheesewiz
6th March 2009, 23:01

you're be alright as long as you followed the rules:xxgrinning--00xx3: probably they stop student visa holder ramdomly:Erm: like those in telly but if you are good boy why worry:Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
7th March 2009, 09:18
A guilty conscience...???:Erm:

:icon_lol: