PDA

View Full Version : Sir Fred Goodwin

walesrob
27th February 2009, 11:27
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7912651.stm

Hope he drowns in his £16m pile of cash :cwm23: This is filthy, obscene and disgusting when people are losing their jobs and homes. And he tries to shift the blame onto somebody else. :NoNo:

John Prescott is quite right "I believe basically take it off him and let him sue in the courts."

KeithD
27th February 2009, 12:52
To be honest, only about 40% is his RBS pension, and he was paid the 'going rate' for that level of authority throughout industry. This is a pension, not a bonus.

We should be more piddled off with the 10,000's in the civil service on final salary pensions paid for by our taxes that will cost us £Billions over the next 10 years.

joebloggs
27th February 2009, 18:53
To be honest, only about 40% is his RBS pension, and he was paid the 'going rate' for that level of authority throughout industry. This is a pension, not a bonus.

We should be more piddled off with the 10,000's in the civil service on final salary pensions paid for by our taxes that will cost us £Billions over the next 10 years.

pension :icon_lol:, he wasn't even there 10yrs, and if he had been sacked he wouldn't have been able to claim it til he was 65 :icon_lol:

also in his contract they have to give him 1yrs notice :icon_lol:, most people are lucky if they get 30 days :doh

the reason the gov put money in was to stop it going bust, so they should have the power to cancel all the contracts and hid pay off :rolleyes:

somebody
28th February 2009, 16:05

Word come across so many people in local authority and cvill service jobs just counting the days away till the final salary. Not doing anything to attract attention, improve efficency

I presume Mr Brown will not be taking his pension for his even huger scale of incompentce as he was one fo the few people who could of Stopped fred godwin and his chums.

Rob although i agree i would like to see it taken off him and then him have to claim it back. Which he probably would win i belive costing the goverment even more money.

If he didn't bother fighting it or the goverment somehow won.
How long before companies took it as a precdent. taking pensions of those that they said were incompent or didn't deserve them..