PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Filipino Care Giver

rrgranny
27th February 2009, 00:11
An elderly couple who live in their own home had a wonderful live in care giver who has had to leave. The wife has dementia. They asked no questions. They live in Manchester.

Do you know of a Filipino employemnt website where we can find another live in care giver?
How do I find someone for them without going through an agency?

Thanks

darren-b
27th February 2009, 05:36
Are you meaning they'd like to bring over someone from the Philippines to work for them? If so that's impossible nowadays. So their only option would be to employ someone already in the UK who is free to work for any employer. This limits their options somewhat as it wouldn't include anyone here on a work permit, spouses of British citizens are likely to want that type of job, and students may not be able to work enough hours. Basically limited to anyone who has been here a long while, or possibly came here as a child with their parent(s).

Not sure how they would find someone as it would probably go against racial discrimination laws, possibly claim must speak tagalog as a requirement. Might be a bit dodgy to do that without any real reason to...

keithAngel
27th February 2009, 08:43
Darren I think the key bit in the post was "asked no questions":Erm:

darren-b
27th February 2009, 09:20
Darren I think the key bit in the post was "asked no questions":Erm:

I saw they mentioned "Filipino employemnt website" so thought they would be happy to employ someone legally if they could.

Unless they really thought overstayers advertised themselves or responded to jobs advertised on the internet? :)

keithAngel
27th February 2009, 09:57
I saw they mentioned "Filipino employemnt website" so thought they would be happy to employ someone legally if they could.

Unless they really thought overstayers advertised themselves or responded to jobs advertised on the internet? :)

Even if you found someone if its not "black employment" you would have to become a proper employer whos going to jump through those hoops then?

Thats why Agencies exist :xxgrinning--00xx3: and as you point out its a racist add unless the elderly couple are Tagalog or Cebuano speakers and even then those exist who are not Filipinas

rutlandlad
8th June 2009, 21:11
if you will please contact me, it is possible I may be able to help you in your quest

Mrs.JMajor
8th June 2009, 22:23
An elderly couple who live in their own home had a wonderful live in care giver who has had to leave. The wife has dementia. They asked no questions. They live in Manchester.

Do you know of a Filipino employemnt website where we can find another live in care giver?
How do I find someone for them without going through an agency?

Thanks

We had member here in the forum, looking for a job, spouse visa and no work permit needed her name is nids, I will try to pm her

bornatbirth
8th June 2009, 22:40
i need some extra cash and can do everything but wipe your butt.:D

darren-b
9th June 2009, 06:56
We had member here in the forum, looking for a job, spouse visa and no work permit needed her name is nids, I will try to pm her

This advert was a while ago but would someone here on a spouse visa really want a job as a live-in carer anyway?

aromulus
9th June 2009, 07:09
This is a thread to nowhere.....:NoNo:

pennybarry
9th June 2009, 08:19
That's why we have JOBCENTREPLUS WEBSITE AND LOCAL NEWS PAPERS. It can help you! Filipinos looking for work are using this to find work. Try it:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Mrs.JMajor
9th June 2009, 09:48
This is a thread to nowhere.....:NoNo:

:Erm: No link Mod, you cant ban or close:D