PDA

View Full Version : Spousal Visa

Arthur Little
25th February 2009, 02:18
Hello again,

Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me as to precisely WHAT stage has been reached when an applicant receives a text message to the effect that their application has been forwarded to the British High Commission?

Have all investigative checks been carried out by then?

PeterB
25th February 2009, 03:38

No, Arthur. As I told you last week, this means that VFS have finished checking that the application paperwork is complete, and have forwarded it to the embassy. It is the embassy staff who will perform all the background checks.

Also, as I warned you, the status will not change any further until the decision has been made and the paperwork is released for return by courier.

Shayla
25th February 2009, 06:07
Hello again,

Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me as to precisely WHAT stage has been reached when an applicant receives a text message to the effect that their application has been forwarded to the British High Commission?

I think your visa application is now on process.

I've been waiting for my spouse visa result for more than 3 months now and then I kept tracking it and same result, it's in the British High Commission so good luck to all of us who are waiting for the result..

nids123
25th February 2009, 15:29
same as mine everytime i check its says forwarded to the bristish high commision.im i hope that ur visa shay is already release soon and mine too.just keep praying

Shayla
25th February 2009, 15:39
same as mine everytime i check its says forwarded to the bristish high commision.im i hope that ur visa shay is already release soon and mine too.just keep praying

Thanks Ate Nids and in the same way (",).. Always fingers crossed for our visa application..

All the luck and take care!.

Arthur Little
25th February 2009, 20:58
Yeah, Shayla and Nids, the statement I referred to about applications being forwarded to the British High Commission is somewhat misleading. I have to admit that when Myrna first received this text message a few weeks after submitting her application, our immediate reaction was to ASSUME her visa had, at THAT stage, been granted, and that the role of the 'Commission' (as distinct from the 'Embassy' was merely to "rubber stamp" its approval for issue. So I guess our initial false optimism proved to be unfounded as PeterB implies!

Somewhat ironically, Peter also reckons the Philippine Immigration Authorities recently implemented a directive whereby it's mandatory for all spouses of foreign nationals to attend a 4-hour guidance & counselling session in either Manila or Cebu, entailing further unnecessary financial outlay for flights and overnight accommodation on top of the hefty expenditure already incurred. In Myrna's case, at least, it would seem a bit daft to impose such a requirement, since she has a lifelong fluency in the English language and even taught college students using this compulsory medium for the past 22 years. From the literature that Peter downloaded from his computer, it would appear THIS applies to those migrating to places like Australia & New Zealand, Canada & the US, Japan and a number of other (unspecified) countries as tabulated. Nowhere, can I see any specific reference to the UK.

darren-b
25th February 2009, 21:15
Somewhat ironically, Peter also reckons the Philippine Immigration Authorities recently implemented a directive whereby it's mandatory for all spouses of foreign nationals to attend a 4-hour guidance & counselling session in either Manila or Cebu, entailing further unnecessary financial outlay for flights and overnight accommodation on top of the hefty expenditure already incurred. In Myrna's case, at least, it would seem a bit daft to impose such a requirement, since she has a lifelong fluency in the English language and even taught college students using this compulsory medium for the past 22 years. From the literature that Peter downloaded from his computer, it would appear THIS applies to those migrating to places like Australia & New Zealand, Canada & the US, Japan and a number of other (unspecified) countries as tabulated. Nowhere, can I see any specific reference to the UK.

It's not a recent thing - I know it was a requirement in 2003 and quite probably wasn't new then.

The UK is mentioned - try http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

aromulus
25th February 2009, 21:30

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't matter where a Filipina migrates to she won't be able to leave without that little sticker in her passport.

There have been instances whereas the traveller was sent back from immigration at the airport, because there was no sticker on the passport.

And that directive has been in force for many years, or so I am led to believe.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=6176&highlight=cfo+sticker
Don't shoot the messenger.......:ARsurrender:

darren-b
25th February 2009, 21:38
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't matter where a Filipina migrates to she won't be able to leave without that little sticker in her passport.

A few thousand pesos in her passport may work instead :)

acs
25th February 2009, 21:44
hallo Arthur, im in perth right now...me and tiN, also a member in the forum...like your wife i also applied for spousal visa...uk is one of those countries that wives/husband and fiancee/e's of their nationals need to attend cfo seminar. I've done mine in Cebu as i lived in Cagayan de oro much nearer for me to go there than in Manila. Its really a requirement cause the Philippine immigration authorities wont let us board the plane if theres no sticker stamp on our Filipino passport. It does really dwindle our finances as besides the visa and travelling to manila/cebu and so forth fees..one needs to attend this also :NoNo::doh. It cost around 250 pesos for the seminar and the 400 pesos at the cfo office for the sticker and membership. But she can do it a day or two before she flies here in uk after she got her visa. to save for the travelling back and forth. The seminar and councelling can be done in just one day...Just let her be there early so she can be allocated a sit..sometimes many other nationalities wives and fiancees are there too. The seminar is really for us wives, fiancee to learn what to do in case if something happens to us and where we turn in the new country we are going to... and so many other things not only that, its just one of the topics.

Arthur Little
25th February 2009, 22:10
Ah well ... "In for a penny - in for a pound!" to quote from the *G&S light opera, Iolanthe. We all have to make sacrifices in the name of the big 'L'; After all, Myrna has already given up a rewarding career for the sake of it! :doh Let's just hope the Counselling and Registration can be done simultaneously and she's "up in the air sky high, sky high" [another line from *same] before my Bank Manager calls in the receivers!

Cheers guys.

Arthur Little
25th February 2009, 23:50
:Hellooo:I can hardly believe it! Just minutes ago (they're early risers them Filipinos!!) I received an EMail from my Dearly Beloved to say vfs Global had sent her another text message which read: "PROCESSED PASSPORT RETURNED THROUGH COURIER". So we've finally done it ... or so it would seem!! Am I correct in my assumption? Reassurance is much needed, folks.

Shayla
26th February 2009, 00:08
:Hellooo:I can hardly believe it! Just minutes ago (they're early risers them Filipinos!!) I received an EMail from my Dearly Beloved to say vfs Global had sent her another text message which read: "PROCESSED PASSPORT RETURNED THROUGH COURIER". So we've finally done it ... or so it would seem!! Am I correct in my assumption? Reassurance is much needed, folks.

Hello Arthur,

Wow that's a great news if it's returned to courier. But do you mind if I'm going to ask how long did she waited for her spouse visa?..

That's too quick I think..

Congratulations in advance :ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

Shayla
26th February 2009, 00:12
hallo Arthur, im in perth right now...me and tiN, also a member in the forum...like your wife i also applied for spousal visa...uk is one of those countries that wives/husband and fiancee/e's of their nationals need to attend cfo seminar. I've done mine in Cebu as i lived in Cagayan de oro much nearer for me to go there than in Manila. Its really a requirement cause the Philippine immigration authorities wont let us board the plane if theres no sticker stamp on our Filipino passport. It does really dwindle our finances as besides the visa and travelling to manila/cebu and so forth fees..one needs to attend this also :NoNo::doh. It cost around 250 pesos for the seminar and the 400 pesos at the cfo office for the sticker and membership. But she can do it a day or two before she flies here in uk after she got her visa. to save for the travelling back and forth. The seminar and councelling can be done in just one day...Just let her be there early so she can be allocated a sit..sometimes many other nationalities wives and fiancees are there too. The seminar is really for us wives, fiancee to learn what to do in case if something happens to us and where we turn in the new country we are going to... and so many other things not only that, its just one of the topics.

Ate ACS you're absolutely right.. I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shayla
26th February 2009, 00:14
Yeah, Shayla and Nids, the statement I referred to about applications being forwarded to the British High Commission is somewhat misleading. I have to admit that when Myrna first received this text message a few weeks after submitting her application, our immediate reaction was to ASSUME her visa had, at THAT stage, been granted, and that the role of the 'Commission' (as distinct from the 'Embassy' was merely to "rubber stamp" its approval for issue. So I guess our initial false optimism proved to be unfounded as PeterB implies!

I think Arthur your wife's visa is really granted and the first text she received was wrong..

Anyways congratulations and kindly keep us updated.

Many thanks!

Mrs.JMajor
26th February 2009, 01:09
Hello again,

hi arthur :Hellooo: that means,stage of waiting and waiting :D

Mrs.JMajor
26th February 2009, 01:11

awww lol im late,so you already got your visa,congrats Arthur and Myrna:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
26th February 2009, 01:38
Hi Shayah,

Many thanks for your congrats. I agree it does seem quick, given that we only presented our papers on the 20th of last month. Oh dear ... I do hope I haven't "jumped the gun" in reaching the (possibly mistaken) conclusion that the visa HAS, in fact been granted, then. Now I've got over the initial excitement, I can't help thinking: "What if they've returned Myrna's passport MINUS the visa!" :omg: Maybe there's a covering letter inside, explaining why it's been denied or something ...

Arthur Little
26th February 2009, 01:52
Hi Juliet,

:Erm: Many thanks for your congratulations - which, on reflection, I hope and pray turn out to be justified.:Erm:

As I said in my reply to Shayla, it DOES seem rather quick for the visa to come through after only five weeks of [im]patiently waiting. So now I'm not sure - not sure at all!

keithAngel
26th February 2009, 02:14
Hi Arthur for what its worth Im pretty sure the seminar here in Cebu is very close to Fuente Osmena so a Hotel like the Diplomat on F Ramos is within walking distance we met Francis ,Philips now wife in December when she came for hers,

If you guys need further assistance dont hesitate to ask Im returning to the UK on the 16th of March from Cebu:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
26th February 2009, 03:55
Yup, folks, I've just received a confirmatory email from Myrna to say her visa was delivered this morning, so I'd just like thank you all for sustaining me since my return to the UK last weekend. Perhaps more importantly, though, my thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you who are still waiting patiently for the 'To Go' courier to arrive.

God Bless.

Arthur Little
26th February 2009, 04:12
Hi Keith,

Thank you for providing me with guidance as to the location of the CFO Office in Cebu. I'm not sure yet whether Myrna will go there or opt for the capital but, in the event, your offer of further assistance is greatly appreciated.

Forgive me for being nosey, but having understood you've been living in Cebu for some time - and 'loving it', I'm curious as to why you've chosen to go back to the UK. Anyway, all the best.

Arthur

empott
26th February 2009, 04:35
Wow, the waiting period is getting shorter! Now it's 5 weeks! :BouncyHappy:
Congratulations to you and your wife, Arthur Little. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nids123
26th February 2009, 06:05
hi arthur and wife congrats for ur visa hope ours is next.

Shayla
26th February 2009, 06:19
Yup, folks, I've just received a confirmatory email from Myrna to say her visa was delivered this morning, so I'd just like thank you all for sustaining me since my return to the UK last weekend. Perhaps more importantly, though, my thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you who are still waiting patiently for the 'To Go' courier to arrive.

God Bless.

I told you Arthur that your wife's visa is granted. Now you can be together forever.

Where is she from then? Will she be going to attend the CFO in Cebu or Manila?...

Congratulations!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

keithAngel
26th February 2009, 07:42
Hi Keith,

Thank you for providing me with guidance as to the location of the CFO Office in Cebu. I'm not sure yet whether Myrna will go there or opt for the capital but, in the event, your offer of further assistance is greatly appreciated.

Forgive me for being nosey, but having understood you've been living in Cebu for some time - and 'loving it', I'm curious as to why you've chosen to go back to the UK. Anyway, all the best.

Arthur

Some of us are not yet "Gentlemen of Leisure" Arthur plus Angies not yet got to the magic 100,000 piso a month needed to keep me in dried fish and champagne :rolleyes:

Shayla
26th February 2009, 07:56
Hi Shayah,

Many thanks for your congrats. I agree it does seem quick, given that we only presented our papers on the 20th of last month. Oh dear ... I do hope I haven't "jumped the gun" in reaching the (possibly mistaken) conclusion that the visa HAS, in fact been granted, then. Now I've got over the initial excitement, I can't help thinking: "What if they've returned Myrna's passport MINUS the visa!" :omg: Maybe there's a covering letter inside, explaining why it's been denied or something ...

Now Arthur you can celebrate.. No more negative feelings alright???...

Have a safe journey for your Asawa to UK.. :ARsurrender::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

IainBusby
26th February 2009, 09:08
Congratulations Arthur to both yourself and Myrna. :xxgrinning--00xx3::appl::appl::appl::xxgrinning--00xx3: I remember your early posts on this forum when the situation with regard to your finances made it look unlikely that your wife would be granted a visa. But you went back to Phils and got married anyway, despite the somewhat uncertain outlook. It just goes to show, to quote the well worn words of Del Trotter, He who Dares Wins.
Louella & Iain.

LEAHnew
26th February 2009, 09:18
Congratulation:Hellooo::Hellooo: Very inspiring:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
26th February 2009, 09:30
Well done sir, and congratulations to you and your missus.

5 Weeks ..... got me all excited now !

Best Regards

PeterB
26th February 2009, 18:25
Somewhat ironically, Peter also reckons the Philippine Immigration Authorities recently implemented a directive whereby it's mandatory for all spouses of foreign nationals to attend a 4-hour guidance & counselling session in either Manila or Cebu....

Err... I never said it was recent!

PeterB
26th February 2009, 18:32
Yup, folks, I've just received a confirmatory email from Myrna to say her visa was delivered this morning...

Great! Congratulations, Arthur. I'll wander down to speak to Myrna in the morning!

We all told you that you shouldn't really have a problem - but it has been processed very quickly! :)