PDA

View Full Version : They done it again

aromulus
24th February 2009, 20:12
The kid has managed to :censored: up the pc, by picking up a virus again.......:doh
I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!:Brick:
Good job there are reliable people overthere to ask for help.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Last time, they asked some pillock to sort it out, and 1000 pesos later he managed to delete every single item by reformatting the drive, didn't even try to start it on safe mode to retrieve some data.:bigcry:
They have been formally told to leave it alone until the real cavalry arrives.....:D

You know who you are,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

LadyJ
24th February 2009, 20:34
not again..lol

KeithD
24th February 2009, 23:01
Just tell them to install and runs the free Spyware Doctor from Google

aromulus
24th February 2009, 23:36
Just tell them to install and runs the free Spyware Doctor from Google

I did install that myself through remote assistance, didn't work for some reason.:Erm:

KeithD
25th February 2009, 09:57
Just run a free online AV scan, and see what virus it is. Some are nothing to worry about anyway, but you'll then be able to get info to remove it manually.

IainBusby
25th February 2009, 11:06
The kid has managed to :censored: up the pc, by picking up a virus again.......:doh
I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!:Brick:
Good job there are reliable people overthere to ask for help.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Last time, they asked some pillock to sort it out, and 1000 pesos later he managed to delete every single item by reformatting the drive, didn't even try to start it on safe mode to retrieve some data.:bigcry:
They have been formally told to leave it alone until the real cavalry arrives.....:D

You know who you are,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kids seem to be so naïve when it comes to the web. If anything at all pops up, they just click on it, especially if it says it's going to increase the performance of their PC or let them download something for free etc etc, and that's usually how most viruses manage to get on their computers.

Having said that, I work mostly with academics, professors and post-doctoral researchers etc and most of them don't seem to be nearly as clever as you'd expect when it comes to computers and the web.

Iain.