PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment Fiddle

KeithD
24th February 2009, 10:07
We all know the government fiddle the unemployment figures, as they assume we are all as dumb as them! :doh

My lad, and his cousin get £30 a week for attending college for 2 days a week, so they are not unemployed.....but they are allowed to work....so that erm.....make them unemployed at the moment then!! But they are not included in the figures.

A distant relative of mine has been on aroun 10 courses over the last 5 years to 'retrain' him!! :Erm: .......they have now given up and the Job Center got him on cares allowance for his elderly mother......so that keeps him off the unemployment list. He's lived with mummy all his life, her health has been the same for the last 20 years!!!

I wonder what the unemployment stats are if we use the method used back in the 80's? 4M+ I'll bet

aromulus
24th February 2009, 10:24
You realized this only now...???:Erm:

Labour started shifting the unemployed around different schemes as soon as they got into power.

It has all been a big con from the start.:NoNo:

They also created thousands of new "non jobs" for the boys and girls in councils,across the land, which pay a minimum of £35k per annum with cast iron pensions.:doh
Then we wonder why said councils are running out of our tax money for services.

KeithD
24th February 2009, 10:37
You realized this only now...???:Erm:.
No. The Tories used to do it, but my distant family members 'training' only came to my attention yesterday.

The Tories had the JTS, but then at least that was work, and were I started off, and I thank them for it, as nothing is better than work experience.

keithAngel
24th February 2009, 14:06
Enterprise allowance that was the one ...never did the same grand get put to such good use:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
24th February 2009, 15:15
Yep, I was in receipt of Enterprise Allowance for a while after I became redundant in 1991. Surprising that the payment for EA was almost the same amount as the UB.

IainBusby
24th February 2009, 15:24
No. The Tories used to do it, but my distant family members 'training' only came to my attention yesterday.

The Tories had the JTS, but then at least that was work, and were I started off, and I thank them for it, as nothing is better than work experience.

The Tories also moved lots of people who were fit enough to work, but probably unemployable, on to disability benefit to try to keep the jobless total down. :Erm:
Iain.