PDA

View Full Version : query regarding chest x-ray

simplicity
23rd February 2009, 12:42
hello everyone...i have read in some thread here regarding medical examination that some have brought with them a result of their chest x-ray on their travel..Did you also bring the x-ray film or just the result of your chest x-ray?

JudyHon
23rd February 2009, 13:49
hello everyone...i have read in some thread here regarding medical examination that some have brought with them a result of their chest x-ray on their travel..Did you also bring the x-ray film or just the result of your chest x-ray?

Based on my experienced when i arrived in heathrow last December 2008, they just asked me the x-ray result though i bring the xray film. I've heard it can vary depend on which airport. So, i would suggest to bring both.

Have a safe trip :)

rusty
23rd February 2009, 14:33
Maybe it does depend on which airport, my wife came through Norwich airport last thursday and was not asked to provide x-ray.

Pepe n Pilar
23rd February 2009, 15:17
I arrived in Heathrow Airport last April 2008 and i was not asked of my x-ray results. I have the results of my chest x-ray attched to the film inside a separate brown envelope. Just put them in your hand carried bag incase they will be asked from you.
Goodluck.:)

ANDRES25
23rd February 2009, 15:55
I arrived at Heathrow airport last feb.22, 2009 and I was asked if i have an x-ray but I said no I don't have. So the lady just wrote something on a piece of paper and said nothing and that's it I went ahead, went to desk 1 of immigration and the officer stamped my passport.

joebloggs
23rd February 2009, 23:54
I arrived at Heathrow airport last feb.22, 2009 and I was asked if i have an x-ray but I said no I don't have. So the lady just wrote something on a piece of paper and said nothing and that's it I went ahead, went to desk 1 of immigration and the officer stamped my passport.

you will probably be asked to goto a nhs clinic for one soon..

Piamed
24th February 2009, 12:25
I think the risk of being required to produce one on arrival is greater at the larger airports; the regional ones less so. Pia was not asked to produce one at Leeds nor to my knowledge were Sconnie's missus and MissCarie upon their arrival at Newcastle and Manchester respectively.

misscarie
24th February 2009, 12:47
I think the risk of being required to produce one on arrival is greater at the larger airports; the regional ones less so. Pia was not asked to produce one at Leeds nor to my knowledge were Sconnie's missus and MissCarie upon their arrival at Newcastle and Manchester respectively.

when i arrived at Manchester Airport , i was not asked for my X-ray though i dont have the result or film in my envelope.But they asked me some questions and that was it :)

jta
24th February 2009, 13:25
the NHS here will send u notice of appointment to have your chest x-ray. I arrived here Nov. 5 and they sent notice around last week of Jan., If i have TB probably i spread it already b4 they know hehehe

Piamed
24th February 2009, 17:11
the NHS here will send u notice of appointment to have your chest x-ray. I arrived here Nov. 5 and they sent notice around last week of Jan., If i have TB probably i spread it already b4 they know hehehe

Hahahah! Frightening but true!

simplicity
25th February 2009, 00:45
Thank you so much guys for answering my query...i'll be arriving in Gatwick airport on friday morning...are they strict in gatwick airport?

joebloggs
25th February 2009, 00:51
Thank you so much guys for answering my query...i'll be arriving in Gatwick airport on friday morning...are they strict in gatwick airport?

london airports you will have more chance of being asked...

but nothing to worry about, as others have said, what time are you arriving ? if its early, they will probably still be alseep :rolleyes: :D

simplicity
25th February 2009, 01:01
london airports you will have more chance of being asked...

but nothing to worry about, as others have said, what time are you arriving ? if its early, they will probably still be alseep :rolleyes: :D

i'll be arriving 6:55am sir Joebloggs:) are they still asleep at this time?

joebloggs
25th February 2009, 07:13
i'll be arriving 6:55am sir Joebloggs:) are they still asleep at this time?

probably :xxgrinning--00xx3:

simplicity
25th February 2009, 09:47
probably :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D:BouncyHappy:i hope they are still asleep when i pass by..:D:icon_lol: