PDA

View Full Version : work options living in Philippines?

Alfie
25th September 2006, 20:46
Does anyone have ideas how it could be possible to earn a reasonable wage whilst living in the Philippines? for example work over the internet(websites - Keith?)
I'm just wondering about the option of living there and getting by, reasonably.

fred
25th September 2006, 21:14
Does anyone have ideas how it could be possible to earn a reasonable wage whilst living in the Philippines? for example work over the internet(websites - Keith?)
I'm just wondering about the option of living there and getting by, reasonably.

Theres a fella on one of the yahoo groups that seems to be doing pretty well living in the R.P with his website and outsourcing business.
http://www.blistings.com/
If you have a successful website in the U.K then perhaps you could live just about anywhere..
BTW..If you cannot make a money making website in the U.K what makes you think you can make one in the Philippines??

KeithD
25th September 2006, 21:27
My business goes with me, so I can be and live anywhere.

Only other way of getting a regular income is to buy plantations, or rent property.

fred
25th September 2006, 21:41
My business goes with me, so I can be and live anywhere.

Only other way of getting a regular income is to buy plantations, or rent property.

But that begs the question..Why Wales?

baboyako
25th September 2006, 21:50
I dunno about software...

You really need talent to work in software. so far I haven't met anyone who knew their CICS from their HTTP. :rolleyes:

Personally (& I have been thinking about this). I would probably go for light engineering. There is lots of machinery to be had from liquidated UK factories that could be shipped over. Cheap labor of course.

Soon be knocking out bronze castings, fabricated assemblies, CNC dies.

There are plenty of people who have got rich making things as mundane as ball bearings.

I could make a living in software in PI. however, I can make more money in London, so there is no point. Just keep paying into the pension fund for 20 more years... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

fred
25th September 2006, 21:59
I could make a living in software in PI. however, I can make more money in London, so there is no point. Just keep paying into the pension fund for 20 more years..

But you need no where near as much to live in asia so earnings are relative..
In regards pensions..There are much better ways to invest your cash for future growth and income.

KeithD
25th September 2006, 22:07
But that begs the question..Why Wales?

One of the best countries in the world, friendly folk, no crime, miles of countryside & mountains outside my front door, fresh air, low insurance, an excellent health service & accountant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
25th September 2006, 22:08
my pension is self managed, & there is a big tax advantage. So i have no problems with that.

I would enjoy running a company, as I'm sure everyone would. Running a house rental, plantation, or software company just wouldn't be my thing - even more so if I could afford not to work.

I guess these are very personal decisions. I've got images in my head of a plasma cutter knocking out jeepney bodyshells - how cool is that :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

baboyako
25th September 2006, 22:39
I just read the 400mio for weapons from Win2WinRSS.

Maybe start a weapons company? moral - well, it's not the guns that kill people - is it?

fred
25th September 2006, 23:09
One of the best countries in the world, friendly folk, no crime, miles of countryside & mountains outside my front door, fresh air, low insurance, an excellent health service & accountant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Right..Thats it!!....Im moving to Wales..(if things go wrong in paradise)
Is it really true what they say about Welsh leisure centers?:censored:

andypaul
26th September 2006, 18:42
Maybe finding a job in Hong Kong or singapore (as they are only a short flight away)

Im looking into working for my Present company in one of the phills neighbouring countries. The wages would be more inline with what i earn here (UK) and far more than in Phill.

We have looked into setting up a business in phill only a small scale, shops and/or housing (the family own a lot of land in laguna but have no capital) but not a factory but the thought of setting up a big business in Phill and all the paperwork/redtape sounds to much for me.

walesrob
26th September 2006, 19:47
Is it really true what they say about Welsh leisure centers?:censored:

Not that joke again :Brick: :furious3:

What Keith says is true about Wales, HOWEVER, be aware that because of the lower cost of living, wages are much lower, but house prices are on a par with the rest of Wales, so for local people (I moved here 8 years ago) the wages wont get a decent house unless there is a substansial deposit.

KeithD
26th September 2006, 19:52
......wages are much lower.......

:Erm: Mine aren't.....but then my boss :cwm38: me :D

Martin
28th September 2006, 07:42

Not sure if that's true. I was broken into twice and my younger sister mugged all for the sake of a £40.00 mobile phone. I would agree with the miles of countryside, and freash air.

KeithD
28th September 2006, 09:10
Been in my village over 6 years, and only trouble we've had is a snowball hitting the window..........................in Summer :yikes: